Realistic doable aircraft wishlist.

jojyrocks

I know that a lot of DCS projects are coming along fine...:thumbup:

The following aircraft's would be doable and more versatile to fly.Yes, I know its yet another wish-list...but with realistic expectations.

USA

---------

F-104

F-105

F-4 Phantom both versions if possible (One for AF and the other for Carrier)

Russia

--------

Mig 27 - Got a great cannon.

Su 17 and 22 series (anyone of these).

UK

----------

EE Lightning

SEPECAT Jaguar - any possible version

Hawker Hunter

France

-----------

Super Mystere B.2

Well...I do believe the above list of planes can be doable and they aren't so sophisticated to warrant extreme secrecy.

if dcs went this way, just creating planes that are all analog pre 90's planes i'd stopped playing awhile ago.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

The only upcoming latest gen aircrafts are the F-16 and F-15E and the rest lare a bit too fresh and has too many of those secret tech in them. Thr next latest possible is Tornado...but the British is a bit more tight on their security.

I know that a lot of DCS projects are coming along fine...:thumbup:

The following aircraft's would be doable and more versatile to fly.Yes, I know its yet another wish-list...but with realistic expectations.

USA

---------

F-104

F-105

F-4 Phantom both versions if possible (One for AF and the other for Carrier)

Russia

--------

Mig 27 - Got a great cannon.

Su 17 and 22 series (anyone of these).

UK

----------

EE Lightning

SEPECAT Jaguar - any possible version

Hawker Hunter

France

-----------

Super Mystere B.2

Well...I do believe the above list of planes can be doable and they aren't so sophisticated to warrant extreme secrecy.

F-4E Block 53 planned by ED after the F-16CM Block 50. Mig-27 will be coming after RAZBAM Mig-23 MLA

Don't forget that the Tornado was a multi-national build so not just the British, but the Germans and the Italians as well would need to approve

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

a F/A18E/F Super Hornet block 1 would be "realisitic doable module" to at least Lot 25 ( possibly early block 2 with lot 26), since Its really not much more advanced in avionics over a Legacy Hornet ( its really stuff like AESA radar and IRST in Block 2+ versons that are too modern) and considering there are many similarities in software side of functions utilized with regards to general Symbology and MFD page overlays, weapon employments, as well as still sharing some core avionics like the AN/APG73 PHase 2 Radar, ATFLIR targeting pod, along with many of the same weapons. As such some of that stuff can be taken from the legacy hornet to speed up development of a Super Hornet should decision ever be made at some point to make one.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202373

Besides that im sure there ar plenty of other older planes, including older variations of current aircraft, ( or aircraft besides American ones) that ED or 3rd parties can do once all the Teen fighters have been ticked off.

Also to not forget about the Rotorheads there are also popular wishes for an AH64D Longbow (or at least an AH64A version assuming the D cant be done) as well as Ah1W Super Cobra, which would compliment the av8b Harrier and WASP class amphibious assault ship nicely.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215660

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242185

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

SEPECAT Jaguar S at least the GR.1B variant, though the real deal is with the GR.3 and GR.3A

I don't want to be that guy but I can't it's too pretty

Jaguar-GR3-fighter.jpg

This plane is just the s:censored: Oooh I want it, and finally something reasonably modern for us Brits to play with...

sepecat-jaguar.jpg

raf-jaguar-gr1.jpg

And yes those are missile rails on top of the wings for AIM-9s/CAPT-9s

GR.3/3A cockpit

33797955990_c0ee9edc89_b.jpg

Quite cluttered, but we have an F-15 style stick, RWR, nice big MFCD

In terms of Phantoms I'm most interested in the J, K and M and probably a E in that order of preference. (I think we're getting an E)

But there's also things like the LTV A-7E Corsair

if dcs went this way, just creating planes that are all analog pre 90's planes i'd stopped playing awhile ago.

So a fair bit of the cold war then? :surprise:

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Well, that seems doable but the Super Hornet is still in service and most of its tech is a kept secret. Its still more fresh than the F-15E...and we are getting F-15E. The Super Hornet is said to be more stealthier at some aspects than the F-15E and the Legacy Hornets.

So, all in all the doable jets of the latest gen are only Super hornet and after the jets after that and beyond are certainly kept secretive. The Panavia Tornado could also be doable. But I highly doubt the British would allow for that to be in a sim, they too like Russia is bit more tight lipped on their jets. We had the Hawk...but that's unavailable now.

The Russian doable jets can only be hoped for FC3 level kind of jets, if we even want a baseline Su-30.

For Rotorfans. I can see the Cobra in the slot and the AH-64.

Yes...that's why I said realistic wishes. Coz Pre 90s era jets are even more doable than the present ones. We are already getting some altered F-16 Block 50 and the F-15E. Some of its tech will be hidden.

Some pre 90s jets. It excludes the F-117, SR 71 and the Mig 25 for example.

From the British. I can only see the Jaguar and the Lightning being more doable and marketable. I dont see the Panavia Tornado happening anytime soon with some countries still using and needing all their approval.

The Jets I listed always have the internal cannon and in case one needs to take down an enemy helo or bomber if you encounter them on your path. The guns will do the job. The missiles have more probability to miss...

I really do wish DCS would include the Naval F-4 along with the Air force version of the F-4E. Carrier ops would certainly be fun!

It also seems there are only a very FEW Russian jets that are doable.

Su-17 series seems doable.

The most modern doable is the Baseline Su-30 in its FC3 watered down form. I am sure it can be doable if its not full fidelity. The Su-30 has more modern weapons and it can take on the USA jets. It is the only jet that can at least keep up with the likes of F-16 and the lot of that generation.

So far we only have Cold war Russian planes...its kinda OK.

But we don't even have some British planes either. The Hawk being unavailable. I wonder if the Britishers are tight lipped as Russia is?

Edited by jojyrocks