MiG-19P Farmer "B" Status

Zeus67

What's the exact enter service date for the miG-19P Variant?

I'm not a technician like you but when I compare in DCS WORLD my MiG-21bis and the MiG-19P, we see that the refresh rate of the miG-19P radar is much higher than the MiG-21Bis and the same for the air to air computing gun system. How a older aircraft can have more powerful electronic micro chips?

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's the exact enter service date for the miG-19P Variant?

I'm not a technician like you but when I compare in DCS WORLD my MiG-21bis and the MiG-19P, we see that the refresh rate of the miG-19P radar is much higher than the MiG-21Bis and the same for the air to air computing gun system. How a older aircraft can have more powerful electronic micro chips?

Analog systems made of vacuum tubes and mechanics have a constant refresh rate equaling infinity. RP-5 radar refresh rate is based on dish rotation speed. If you see anything not synchronized with it - than its not complete yet.

RP-22 of the MiG-21bis has much more work to do to pass its scan pattern, something like an s inside of S, while RP-5 has two opposite dishes which just rotate in one plane like an old police flash.

Edited by Кош
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Yes. The radar dish of the RP-5 is rather small and rotates in one direction; RP-21/22 dish has to stop after each sweep (also move up/down into its line).

As for entering service, original P should be in second half of 1950s; the PT upgrade (added pair of pylons to launch R-3S) was carried out in second half of 1960s to my knowledge.

is the mig19P limited only to R3S or will it get K13M?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

is the mig19P limited only to R3S or will it get K13M?

Just the K-13A (R-3S)

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I wanted to ask here because I’m not confident enough these are issues that warrant their own thread.

Does anyone else have no voice in all the training missions after the first two? I have fiddled with all my audio settings and searched the forums.

In addition to that I cannot hear the K-13 lock tone. And I can’t hear Morse codes. Maybe my install got messed up? I looked at the training videos to make sure there is actually a lock tone there

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

All training missions have voice. K-13 lock tone is also there, as soon as you activate all relevant switches.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I have tried the training missions a few times and read the manual a couple. My radar also sometimes gets weird showing false static targets and never turns back on even after a 1 minute cooldown. Gonna try and up install and re install the module hope that’s the issue. Harder to learn without the voice over!

EDIT: going back all my audio in the training missions is gone. And checking other modules, all voice is gone such as ATC but all other sounds. No luck after clean/repair. Guess it’s not a MiG-19P issue for me, sorry.

EDIT 2: fixed. Unplugged and plugged in my headset. Weird as hell. Voiceovers in training are amazing! K-13 tone now too. I would delete my posts but don’t want to leave some1 looking like he’s talking to nobody!

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Bug fixes in the first post

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Bug fixes in the first post

Thanks!

Hope to see something from this list on Today's patch (if it will be for OB). :)

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 9 months later...

Everyone that knows me knows i love dirty old birds and especially Migs. Flown the 19 again today for the first time since the release and it has come on a long way. Dont get me wrong i was a little sad with the state she was in on release as this was a day 1 buy for me, but now i would like to say thx as you have obviously been working hard. Shown some love next year to iron out all the stupid little bugs and she will be one sweet commie ride, like she deserves to be. It certainly makes me smile now which like Migs should do

Edited by Brigg

• 2 weeks later...

I took the 19 out of the barn last night for the first time in like a year. Guys all I can say is thank you. I’m getting a little burned out on the 4th gens lately. And I was great to be talked into a flight of B-17s. I know I know not realistic. But the B-52 has its guns removed, and I wanted something that can shoot back. Got my first two kills in the Framer and love it. I can’t wait to see what you do with the MiG-23. I really love the second and third gen jets. Thank you for bringing this one to life. Personally I kinda wish you guys would just focus on the 1950-1970 time period. But I know the big 4th gens are what sells. But still the 19 is so cool. I can imagine what you could do with a F-100, or a Mig 17. Or a B-47. I personally think that this time period would yield the most satisfying online play, but maybe that’s just me. Still thank you for the Mig-19.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello gens,

what would you say about the actual status of the MiG-19? Has something changed or improved?

Greetings,

Flummi

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

I can only confirm the post above this one :thumbup:

The sounds in the cockpit are the only issue I'd like RAZBAM to tend to. You don't hear the flipping of switches or the pressing of buttons, etc. I believe this has been mentioned multiple times, so it gets done.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 3 months later...

Really loving the -19P, just wondering when the signal flares will have a key binding. Most of us flying in cold war or 70s-80s scenarios typically use these in lieu of flares.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From RAZBAM Discord:

Hey guys, sorry our changelogs did not made it into EDs changelog, here are the changes for the Harrier and Mig-19. No changes for the mirage just yet.

DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL by RAZBAM
- Fixed: CCIP aiming point when it is limited (dotted cross).
- Fixed: Backup ADI slip ball not moving on the ground
- Fixed: APKWS set keybinds non-functional
- Fixed: "Cruise Flap" command not bindable to HOTAS
- Added: Barometric altimeter pressure calibration cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: bingo fuel level knob cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: Fuel Totalizer switch cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: RWR vol. cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: Counter Measure EXP cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: ECM Pod switch cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: Nav Mode Switch cw/ccw keybinds
- Improved: Adjusted high altitude engine efficiency
- improved: UFC Mode timer disabled when CS/T  is selected

DCS: MiG-19P Farmer by RAZBAM
- Fixed: Oxygen flows with O2 SOV Closed

DCS MiG-19P

Major corrections were done to the lift coefficient discontinuity in AoA, that was causing annoying pitch control behavior.  Along with that change, the overall lift coefficient was tuned to match the data we have which brought the turn performance stuff in line better.

The other smaller change was the correction of the CG so that the static margin matches the data we have (which gives more accurate pitch moment feel for the aircraft).
CL before the adjustments

before.png

after.png

Mig-19S 3D Model

a19s-wip2.png?width=1284&height=676

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 6

So if I understand those plots correctly - the dashed blue and continuous blue lines are both the coefficient of lift at sea level, while the green/violet/red are for increasing altitude? Shouldn't the two blue lines match then, implying that with these adjustments the coefficient of lift is going to be a bit too high (granted, only ~10%, so it's within DCS-ism limits)?

3 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

In a future, the Mig-19S was planned by RAZBAM "Cuban Team" some time ago as par of Mig-19 module.

Oh no, I was thinking about the FM update.

Edit: Nevermind, it's still WIP.

Edited by Zibell

[sIGPIC]hi[/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

So if I understand those plots correctly - the dashed blue and continuous blue lines are both the coefficient of lift at sea level, while the green/violet/red are for increasing altitude? Shouldn't the two blue lines match then, implying that with these adjustments the coefficient of lift is going to be a bit too high (granted, only ~10%, so it's within DCS-ism limits)?

Dashed line appears to be the source data at sea level. Blue line is current FM at sea level and red is current FM at 5000m. Certainly much closer than before.

[sIGPIC]hi[/sIGPIC]