MIG-15 Mission 8.3: APC shielded by trees and helos continue to cause headaches.

So I actually have been stuck on this mission for quite a while now. I got so frustrated with it that I had to step away from the campaign for a few months. Coming back, I've found it has gotten even worse!

So the main issue I have continues to be the aggressiveness of the helos. I made a post about how they will fire their cannon at you if you attack from to low. Now they fire TOWs at you as you fly away from an attack run, even in a climb! I think you might be better off just removing their armament at this point, because I am legitimately very scared of the Cobra.

Another thing making it very difficult for me to complete this mission is that the SU-25T isn't very helpful after taking out the Stinger and AAA. He appears to keep trying to plink the APC. However, the APC is now in the trees after 2.5 and he can't be destroyed.

I also can't seem to finish off Apaches. If they get hit on the pad. I nailed the center of the FARP and seemed to damage them to the point that they can't fly, but they won't go destroyed. Not sure if they are required for mission completion, but I've never been able to kill them.

I'm legitimately enjoying this campaign and want to keep going!

Those helo's are a pain in the butt. If I remember correctly, even real world doctrine says to stay away from them. Thankfully, in this mission you only have to take out what's at the FARP. All you need to do to trigger the "RTB when able" message is to destroy a few of the targets there on the FARP.

Go for the Chinook on the North East corner, that'll set off a chain reaction and cement your success. Just give it about a minute or two after that for the RTB radio message to come up.

The AI for the SU-25T has a hard time doing much because of the nearby hills. He hits what he needs to, but then is pretty garbage at the rest. It's all the AI pathing stuff with the nearby terrain.

Recent updates to the core game have made small changes that sometimes have big impacts. I'll be certain to address some of this stuff in a future update. Thanks for the heads up on it.

As always, and I don't like to use this option if I don't have to, but within the first 30 seconds of the mission, you can use the "auto success" feature in the F10 menu to successfully pass the misison.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Those helo's are a pain in the butt. If I remember correctly, even real world doctrine says to stay away from them. Thankfully, in this mission you only have to take out what's at the FARP.

As always, and I don't like to use this option if I don't have to, but within the first 30 seconds of the mission, you can use the "auto success" feature in the F10 menu to successfully pass the misison.

Ahhh, so you don't actually have to go after the copters. I thought this was like the original FARP mission where you are trying to get the copters. I'll be sure to ignore that nasty bugger then! I hate to use that cheater option as well, but at this point I've run this mission at least a dozen times so I'm just ready to move on. I'll give it another couple of go's then, I might have to cheat.

Still love the campaign and I fully appreciate the limitations of DCS. So keep up the good work!