Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lazy, I admit it, I haven't read all the 46 pages. So my questions are

1)What kind of campaign is the new F-15 campaign? Is it more like BS - Deployment, or FC2 Revanche? With custom voice-over, background story and good mission variety? Or is it more like the A-10C Georgian Hammer campaign? With the same template used over and over again, with increased difficulty?

2)Were those old missions/campaign tested? I mean, realy tested, not just 'well, looks like this one works'. As whole campaings? So problems like : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90824 shouldn occur and it shouldn't be the bugfest the A-10C campaigns/mission were?

I'm wondering about this too (and hoping for less like Georgian Hammer and more like Deployment or Revanche).

One of the guys over at simhq is testing the campaign now, so maybe they'll do a little preview or something before release.

• ED Team

Although it was not stated in the original announcement, I wanted to share the motivation behind FC3 and the logic behind some of the choices we made.

With the current divide between FC2 and DCS, we felt there was an unneeded gap between the two products that only served divide the larger Eagle Dynamics product community. Further, those flying DCS online really had no dedicated fighter aircraft, just mud movers. For a more encompassing online experience, this needs to change.

Given that "DCS: Fighter" is still a ways off, we hope that FC3 will serve as a good bridge while we continue to flesh out the stable of DCS aircraft (both 1st and 3rd party). However, given the time window for this and the available resources, there was a lot of back and forth discussion internally of what we could and could not do in a reasonable time frame. In the end, a list of improvements was created that we believe will most benefit FC3. Many of these improvements though (like AAM AFM, resource manager, etc.) could not be specific to an FC3 install, rather they would have to be part of DCSW or it would break the game online. Make no mistake though that these features were specifically created for and budged for FC3.

As for the new and improved F-15C cockpit, work on this started about a year ago because we felt of all the FC aircraft, it is the most popular. That is not a slight to the eastern aircraft, nor any indication of some sort of western bias. While we would also have LOVED to include a new and improved MiG-29 or Su-27 cockpit, the time needed would fall well outside the product window. As someone that has been flying Eagle products since the original Flanker, I too look forward to a new Crane cockpit!

As mentioned before by our moderators that show boundless patience, it is not our decision regarding the requirement for a LOMAC installation. This was a stipulation with Ubisoft that allowed us to create these addons. However, this is also a big reason why FC3 will probably be the last LOMAC product.

Finally, on the matter of price, we price all products based on the financial investment compared to forecasted revenue based on two decades of experience. For those that think we make money hand over fist making these titles, you could not be more wildly mistaken. If we solely based price on what end users deemed the cost should be rather than based on actual development costs, we would have been out of business long ago. As it is, we are often lucky to break even on these products.

One of the guys over at simhq is testing the campaign now, so maybe they'll do a little preview or something before release.

Beta Tester's don't do previews. I don't think BeachAV8R will be an exception.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you have a nice concise neat list I'll check it out.

Nate

I am sorry, I don't have a list, but I was trying (failing miserably) to make a reference to the bugs reported in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=81721

Can you tell me if there were some fixes in FC3.

Thanks for your patience.

Edited by xilol

"IN ALTIS VIS ET VIRTUS"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I'm wondering about this too (and hoping for less like Georgian Hammer and more like Deployment or Revanche).

Much like the Deployment and BS2 campaigns.

I got a feeling its going to be out this week. Ok I can hope.....

Man! That would be so awesome. :pilotfly: . Ever since FC1 I have waited for when the landing model of other FC aircraft (apart from Su25/T) would be more challenging. I could do landings completely unrealistically with the other aircraft...but the 25 and 25T required finesse to land without the tires shredding or gear toppling.

@ Wags...

Can you give more detail on dynamic landings? Does the landing gear fail in these aircraft if your descent rate is too high? Could you land on one wheel? or is it an animation like a belly landing with big ass sparks?

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

and here comes a run on LoMAC install discs.. lol....

Ubi Store $9.99, Download The Game.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Any mp code improvements for DCS world with this release? :)

Dont you mean, Any MP Code Stability Patches for DCSW

DCSW MP is unstable at best with 4 Modules/Aircraft, Adding 6 or 7 more to the mayhen wouldnt be funny.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

As stated earlier, we are aware of the issue and believe we have a fix for it. It should be in the next DCSW version.

Oops, my bad, I must have missed that post in all the excitement.

:joystick::pilotfly:

We hope to have an FC3 trailer video that will best display this and other features.

Is there any chance of an all inclusive combined purchase of FC2 and FC3 for people who haven't had previous titles. Not worried about discount, just lazy about making 2 downloads and installations. I'd rather get it in one lump.

Will the training missions be included in the download without having to download patch files and separate sound files?

I love the games, I just sometimes tire of the arsing about that comes with them.:)

Thx for the update Wags, I think that was very much needed. People are going to complain no matter what you do or don't do, it's the nature of the beast.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Is there any chance of an all inclusive combined purchase of FC2 and FC3 for people who haven't had previous titles. Not worried about discount, just lazy about making 2 downloads and installations. I'd rather get it in one lump.

You do not need to purchase FC2. You need to purchase LOMAC, ie LockOn Modern Air Combat.

Edit: Here's 6 copies from Amazon at a fiver each:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000083OJ1/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000VOOULU&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0P32EAXRWH3TZRZKQT0R

Don't worry about title - it's the same thing.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Is it just me or the missile exhaust effect has some added bloom and looks more awesome than in DCS world.

Its definitely nicer than FC2.

1-4.jpg

Now time to fix the smoke...make it more smokier. :p ..more puffier and thicker.

Oh...btw guys... the bug from old LOMAC days... zoom out view in cockpit and missile smoke effect goes from the puffy smoke to old Flanker 2.5 style paper cut scribble effect. Can we get it fixed in FC3?

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

As for the new and improved F-15C cockpit, work on this started about a year ago because we felt of all the FC aircraft, it is the most popular. That is not a slight to the eastern aircraft, nor any indication of some sort of western bias. While we would also have LOVED to include a new and improved MiG-29 or Su-27 cockpit, the time needed would fall well outside the product window. As someone that has been flying Eagle products since the original Flanker, I too look forward to a new Crane cockpit!

Are you sure the F-15 is the most popular. Maybe you means the most popular in the real life, so you have rights. The Su-27 and Mig-29 are much more popular than the F-15, if we speak about FC2, so I though you work thinking in your customers all right. So when the time fall well outside the product window, will be logic, that all the people say the russian planes are a kaka. Is the same situation with the Su-25T. The time have been fallen a lot to know how many fans have this aircraft, but no reaction by ED side. Any radio added, nothing nothing. Could be a good Idea, if ED do some improvement bringing some reality. the 25t have a big problem with the A-10C pilots that say we take off so fast ( for example ), you can create something like a portable GPS for every plane and sale like a module. Please dont leave the Su-25T like that.

Finally, on the matter of price, we price all products based on the financial investment compared to forecasted revenue based on two decades of experience. For those that think we make money hand over fist making these titles, you could not be more wildly mistaken. If we solely based price on what end users deemed the cost should be rather than based on actual development costs, we would have been out of business long ago. As it is, we are often lucky to break even on these products.

The price is not the problem. The problem here is that we dont receive what we expect. I am sure we will pay much more if we receive the same treatment. This is a "combat simulator " and how will feel the russian pilots after all that???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd never thank you enough for all the job you did since the very first LockOn. I'll surely by the new FC3 for it will enable our members of the 3rd Wing to all fly together again (that is the back bone of the simulation). I perfectly understand that it takes time to make improvements in that "game", but I feel forgotten by you "creators" as all the new improvements since DCS seems to come to the eastern fixed wings aircrafts. As there is no plan to release an other FC version, do you think about releasing improvements in the eatern aircrafts (such as a niiiiice cockpit) as beeing "free" patches for FC 3?:cry:

Just to help us to wait for a nice "real" DCS eastern release :music_whistling:

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

The Su-27 and Mig-29 are much more popular than the F-15, if we speak about FC2

So... how did you arrive at this?

No, talking to your friends and squadron does not count. ;)

If you believe you know the answer better than those that analyze market data for a living, I'm curious to see exactly how you reached the conclusion. :)

The price is not the problem. The problem here is that we dont receive what we expect. I am sure we will pay much more if we receive the same treatment. This is a "combat simulator " and how will feel the russian pilots after all that???

How is the question of a cockpit (which is the one difference here, really) relevant to the combat experience?

And yes, some customers will not get what they actually wanted, it is absolutely impossible to please everyone. That's just a fact of life. Fortunately however, if you don't feel it's worth the money for your own particular tastes, you are not forced to purchase the product. You won't lose anything of what you have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'd never thank you enough for all the job you did since the very first LockOn. I'll surely by the new FC3 for it will enable our members of the 3rd Wing to all fly together again (that is the back bone of the simulation). I perfectly understand that it takes time to make improvements in that "game", but I feel forgotten by you "creators" as all the new improvements since DCS seems to come to the eastern fixed wings aircrafts. As there is no plan to release an other FC version, do you think about releasing improvements in the eatern aircrafts (such as a niiiiice cockpit) as beeing "free" patches for FC 3?:cry:

Just to help us to wait for a nice "real" DCS eastern release :music_whistling:

+1

It would have balanced FC3 to have the Su27 and F15 new cockpit and model in this release.

Some 3rd party out there???

Cheers,

Wasserfall DFDT

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G