First Hornet grip video?

ChicoMadera

Looks legit, must be nearly ready, that is exactly what I expected it to be.

Do they sell the stick and gimbal separate from the throttle now? Is would be pretty grim if someone had to buy a full Warthog hotas just to get the gimbal for the F-18 stick.

However, I wouldnt put it past TM.

It is legit. They have done it, finally!:D Thrustmaster starts the pre-order cycle today on June 7, 2019. It will be available through their Thrustmaster e-shop. Commercial availability starts from July 25, 2019. Retail price will be around 179,99£. This is for the grip, only. The throttle was not mentioned anywhere as far as I am aware. As a source check the news section on Thrustmaster's homepage. Will be an instant buy for me as soon as it is available in e-shop, today.

Edited by Tango3B

Looks legit, must be nearly ready, that is exactly what I expected it to be.

Do they sell the stick and gimbal separate from the throttle now? Is would be pretty grim if someone had to buy a full Warthog hotas just to get the gimbal for the F-18 stick.

However, I wouldnt put it past TM.

Unknown, they've not mentioned about the gimble, other than it’s compatible with the Warthog and Cougar.

Think they might have a hard sell though, considering the price of the stick is almost the same as the gamble AND stick of the Warthog.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

If they released the F-18 stick with a new, metal gimbal, for 300€, I'd probably buy it ASAP. As it is now, although I love the Hornet, the stick alone is kinda low on my priorities. Missed opportunity to fix one long-standing issue and make even more cash than they'll do now, in my opinion.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

One thing I like is there's a place to rest your thumb. Unlike the Warthog grip.

I'm not sure that's enough for me to spend $200 for it. Probably not. One less 4 switch button that I use for zoom in and out. I'd miss that. I don't like the zoom on the throttle slider.

Buzz

One less 4 switch button that I use for zoom in and out. I'd miss that. I don't like the zoom on the throttle slider.

You can use the little wheel-looking thing. A reviewer said it's actually a 3-way switch (forward, aft, press), not an axis. The amount of available buttons is the same as the Warthog stick.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

You can use the little wheel-looking thing. A reviewer said it's actually a 3-way switch (forward, aft, press), not an axis. The amount of available buttons is the same as the Warthog stick.

Yes, but not as convenient. I'm not a fan of 4 way switches with push buttons. It's supposed to be a replica of an F/A-18 stick. It doesn't seem to be exactly.

Plus, i'm just messing around until the F-16 is released. Unless the P-47 beats it.

Buzz

It's supposed to be a replica of an F/A-18 stick. It doesn't seem to be exactly.

It's a 1:1 replica to the real stick, the only exception being the 3-way switch next to the RECCE button, which was added in order to keep the same number of buttons as the Warthog, which I think was a smart move.

-

Ok, after watching 3 reviews. If I decide to stay with the Hornet instead of going to the Viper. I'll get this stick.

I can't believe i'm going to spend over $200 for just a grip.

Maybe someone will buy my Warthog stick and that won't be as bad buying the Hornet stick.

Buzz

Can you use it with FSSB R3?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I'm on the fence. I mainly fly the Hornet, so it makes sense to have this, but I think I'll swap it out if I want to fly the A-10C or F-16. I'll see how I feel about it during the next few weeks.

-

Pre-Ordered :-)

Where do I do this. I can't seem to order anything on the TM site.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If they released the F-18 stick with a new, metal gimbal, for 300€, I'd probably buy it ASAP. As it is now, although I love the Hornet, the stick alone is kinda low on my priorities. Missed opportunity to fix one long-standing issue and make even more cash than they'll do now, in my opinion.

Yep, I agree with you.

Yep, I agree with you.

So do I. Same assessment over here.

I haven‘t seen any of the reviews yet but anyone knows if the sensor select switch can also be pressed down as well? That binding was added to our Hornet a while ago.

Too bad it isn't. It would literally have been perfect for the radar antenna elevation or the Tomcat's DLC if it was an axis spring loaded to center itself upon release...

($169.99)

How did you manage to get that? Price tag listed there is $60 more... quite a difference.

Wags,

Is the F-15E coming out this century? Asking for a friend.

Probably... RAZBAM's working on it and no matter how long it takes, it rather should come within the next decade. It's the next thing they want to release.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

It was $169 when I looked at it. I see it's $229 now. That made up my mind for me. It's not worth that. It's not so much the price but the principal. You can buy the Warthog stick and base for just $20 more.

I'll keep the Warthog stick and put the money towards the F-16.

Buzz