Dear ED! No love for KA-50?

Devrim

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I don't agree on "Ka-50 is an old module". Yes, it's old but very robust module in terms of its system, weapon technology, flight model, external model etc. etc.

It has still different place in other helicopter (in this sim) and it can't be compared to other modules. So, in my honest opinion, this module still deserves high priority and care.

Forget about all things, come on! Look at the textures of default cockpit. Definitely it doesn't fit ED's reputation.

Please, ED! :)

I totaly agree with you!

I even go a step further and say: Not only constantly bring out new modules, but also maintain the old.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I also agree: this discussion is dated on february and I d'like to know something about the ka-50. Newer modules are surely excellent news, but if ED really wants to fulfill "the dream of making the most realistic combat aviation simulation", like they stated in last november letter posted on this forum (and I have no reason to believe it is not so), then it is important to add new modules, and not just to replace oldest ones with newest. I do not ask a new cockpit tomorrow (I'm not sure that's the solution either), but in 2.5 beta changelogs I always see updates to a lot of modules except the ka-50 (and the a-10c). If I have to patiently wait, I'll do, but some updated news from time to time would not be bad.

P.S. even newer modules like f-5e have issues with new engine, so maybe it's a wider problem that needs more time to be fixed than just "no love for ka-50"...

Edited by nessuno0505

When people talk about DCS World, there are two typical modules that are mentioned quickly, KA-50 and A-10C. They have been for years the standard how to do things. After that we have got lot of new features and improvements and new modules where latest is the F/A-18C.

But ED is still making money with KA-50, if they don't want to make money from it, pull it out of the store.

It is egg-chicken problem, someone needs to do something first to get others join.

So is it now that new customers should appear and buy the KA-50 to get ED to improve it....

Or is it now that ED should improve the KA-50 to get new customers that buy the KA-50 too among new modules?

The other is that there is just action that needs to be done by small group of people to show courage that older modules are taken care and maintained, even the A-10C has got fixes these days. And texture/3D model refreshment is just one of the easy things to show to customers "We care about you existing module owners and you new customers can know that we will improve our products".

IF the ED wants to discontinue KA-50, then label it so and pull out of store and just leave it to be activated by those who has now purchased it. Ain't that what people now really demand by saying "Don't improve it!"

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Waiting for Ka-52.

Hah. That would be the ultimate attack helicopter in DCS world for multiplayer if it would just possibly come out. All ground radars, air radars, new Shkval systems etc.

It would be like a combination of F/A-18C, F-14B and F-16C in one module for helicopter pilots. :D

I still take cockpit improvements to KA-50 as I can fly it alone and be the shark among preys.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

When people talk about DCS World, there are two typical modules that are mentioned quickly, KA-50 and A-10C.

That's because - despite a lot of newer modules - they are still the most complex and advanced ones (apart from f/a-18, which however is still largely work in progress).

Right now BS2 is 49.99, is what your getting right now worth 49.99? I couldn't answer that honestly because I haven't used it since the lighting and AP went to crap (around 2.2ish). Likely won't use it again until I see updates in the change log.

Personally I don't need it to be as "pretty" as new modules, but functional again would be good.

The black shark is a great module, but it's broken. As long as it's being sold on the store I would expect at least functionality updates to keep it operable in DCS. If not then it's a slap in the face, especially to those just buying it now.... at $50.

I still have hope for Ka-50.

Remember the previous state of Caucasus map's texture, and today ED has done excellent job on that map. Same way, I believe that ED will do an overhaul on Ka-50 soon. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

In the meanwhile, my suggestion for newer ka-50 virtual pilots is to fly it in DCS 1.5.8, if you want to fully appreciate what it has to offer. (I fly it in 2.5, cause I'm confident in ED updates, but I have already tasted what the real fully functional ka-50 is; and the same worths for a-10c); obviously the 1.5.8 ka-50 functionalities mixed with 2.5 forests of trees would be a dream...

Edited by nessuno0505

I still have hope for Ka-50.

Remember the previous state of Caucasus map's texture, and today ED has done excellent job on that map. Same way, I believe that ED will do an overhaul on Ka-50 soon. :)

I believe they will too. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I like a lot of you love the shark, was my first module, then the 10c, and still these days of DCS completely valid purchases.

if a first time buyer gets the 50 now god only knows what they will think and prob buy no more.

I feel as I have said the shark is dead, but I hope I'm saying that to make me feel all warm n fuzzy when they address a lot of its issues.

my major gripe is we never seem to hear from ed about the poor old girl.

not even worried about revamps, as well she is meant to be a rough diamond in a way, but please let us know a bit more of whats going on eh?

I would like to replay the ka-50 campaign but waiting for the updated cockpit. It would be really fun to fly with the updated map and tree collusion. Please ED give it some love.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Thank you for good news regarding the KA-50 update! It was what got me into DCS and still my favorite module.

i7 3930k @ 4.7GHz | GTX 980 Ti | 16GB G.Skill 2133 Quad Channel | Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Win7 ProX64 | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | CH Throttle | BenQ XL2730Z 1440p

KA50 is dead???

LOL

No it isn't. If you can't fly it without illuminated AP Channel buttons then I really don't know what to say.

They should be fixed sure... but DEAD???

LOL

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

haha, yea right, I didn't say anything about the lights. maybe read first, but anyway there are a lot more problems than just that that some, maybe not all have but are recurring amongst them, surely by reading my post you could see I love the shark and want it fixed, or you just trolling

I flew the Ka-50 in 2.5.2 last night - went fine except for the right engine fuel cut-off valve - was completely unable to move the lever - the cursor wasn't even changing when I hovered over the handle, or anywhere near it.

Restarted the mission and it worked as it should.

Apart from that, had no issues with the mechanics of the module (just the known gamma/graphics and the anti-collision light turning the cockpit into a disco, which it does with every module).

In the meanwhile, my suggestion for newer ka-50 virtual pilots is to fly it in DCS 1.5.8, if you want to fully appreciate what it has to offer.

Concur with this - I fly all combat missions in 1.5.8 due to poor VR in 2.5.2

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I would like to replay the ka-50 campaign but waiting for the updated cockpit...
Definitely I do the same. I'm excited to fly whole campaign and other missions with new cockpit. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I flew the Ka-50 in 2.5.2 last night - went fine except for the right engine fuel cut-off valve - was completely unable to move the lever - the cursor wasn't even changing when I hovered over the handle, or anywhere near it.

Restarted the mission and it worked as it should.

Apart from that, had no issues with the mechanics of the module (just the known gamma/graphics and the anti-collision light turning the cockpit into a disco, which it does with every module).

Concur with this - I fly all combat missions in 1.5.8 due to poor VR in 2.5.2

Well, I suggest to play ka-50 in 1.5.8 just for new players. For people Who already knows the ka-50 I suggest 2.5. I play in 2.5 and VR. Yes, a new / improved cockpit would be the best, but playing missions in the new caucasus using trees cover is a much more Amazing game than 1.5.8. If you already knows the heli and can manage the light buttons malfunction, my suggestion is to play 2.5 even in VR. I play almost only 2.5 open beta and manage my performance lowering PD.

Edited by nessuno0505

Waiting for Ka-52.
That probably won't happen in the next 15-20 years. The Ka-52 is one of the newest and most capable airframes in the russian air force, and with the russian administration having become more secretive in the past few years, the chance that any private firm will gain access to a Ka-52 in the next decade or so is practically zero.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Each AP is slaved to my warthog stick as well as the auto pilot emergency off button but the lack of instantaneous feedback from my APs lights is truly detrimental.

I would reckon I spend 3 - 5 seconds confirming my APs are on or off whilst maneuvering a tight mountainous firing position.

Gagging for the new pit!

Happy it is on the "to do list"!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

My AP lights are visible as ON/OFF, just the bright/dark is vice versa to as it was before. SSAA1.5x and MSAA2x.

In some stupid light conditions it's still hard to read, so it is in RL too sometimes.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X