104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

Welcome on board the USS Stennis!

zIjTiII.jpg

Public clients are now able to spawn from the USS Stennis and conduct carrier operations on the server, with one condition ... you have to be on SRS!

We have set up a Dedicated Carrier ATC Frequency, it is 140 AM. You will find this on Push Button 4 on your COMM 1 Radio.

Carrier TACANS

----------------------

USS Stennis - 74X

USS Washington - 73X

Carrier Tanker TACANS

-----------------------

Shell 1 S-3B - 21,000ft - 31X SHL - 231 AM

Shell 2 S-3B - 20,000ft - 32X SHL - 232 AM

Shell 3 KC-130 - 19,000ft - 33X SHL - 233 AM

Shell 4 KC-130 - 18,000ft - 34X SHL - 234 AM

Please make sure you get on SRS if you plan to go anywhere near the Carriers,

we will start kicking people for trapping without being on DCS Radio!

1zpNpH4.jpg

You can download and install SRS from here - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169387

If you have any problems setting it up we have a dedicated support channel on our teamspeak server called 'Help Setting up SRS'.

It contains a step by step guide in the channel description of how to install and configure SRS for use on the 104th server.

Welcome on board, be safe, S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

i've wondered for a while now why ED emphasizes "STENNIS"

why don't they just say "NIMITZ class carrier" and make the hull # like a "bort number" in the mission editor... able to be set in the mission editor

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to give a nod to the pilots on this server. I only saw one F-18 team kill in about 2 hours of play. Good to see people actually confirming before they shoot, even without IFF interrogation.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Great server! keep up the good work.

BTW I have a question regarding the use of AWACS on your server right now. Is it reliable? I normally play on the blue side on a F15C and when i request bogey dope i normally get what it seems to me ghost calls, like i get a BRAA call to my 2-3 oclock at 20 miles, i turn and seconds later i bogey dope again and the closest target is 80 miles ahead..., I dont know i have the impression that radio calls are a bit random. I know that its possible that the target disconnect or get shot down, but it seems that it happens a lot and i also checking the chat feed for events like shot downs and disconnections...

PD: I checking that the calls are for me, for example yesterday i was Colt1-1, so i did check out if they were towards me.

@falcon 120:

AWACS on both sides are placed rather far back, so besides kills, crashes & disconnects of your previously called closest bogey, they might have dropped from AWACS radar contact due to terrain masking.

Playing hide&seek in the hills of Oman peninsula is very popular for a/a fighters on 104th these days in that mission.

@Badlego:

Happened before occasionally, usually some script kiddo joins and drops a hacked nuclear weapon.

If 104th members are present, such a person is usually kicked and perma-banned right away.

Edited by Shadoga

Is the lack of some airfield icons a setting on the server "104th operation clean sweep" or is it a bug? I see it on one or two servers, others are fine, never in single player.

I've asked a few times in the server and people tell me it's a known bug, but I couldn't find any posts about it.

See screenshot

attachment.php?attachmentid=187805&d=1529266916

Is the lack of some airfield icons a setting on the server "104th operation clean sweep" or is it a bug? I see it on one or two servers, others are fine, never in single player.

I've asked a few times in the server and people tell me it's a known bug, but I couldn't find any posts about it.

See screenshot

It's an MP bug not only with the Persian Gulf map but also with the Caucasus map, hopefully ED is aware of this and can fix it soon.

are Mirages supposed to not be allowed to rearm at Khasab airfield or is this a bug?
No, they can only rearm in Iran.

Also that invulnerable predator drone in the Delta Papa grid area is incredibly annoying.

Thanks, your feedback will be noted in the Captains log.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not a fan of nighttime, looks very bad and kills the server pop.

I do understand why some servers don't set nighttime, or have server start/restart times coincide with before sunrise/after sunset, so it's a real shame when it's negated entirely; the AV-8B NA is fit for it, so I feel we Harrier drivers ought to get a look in for such operations on popular servers.

Occasional nighttime would get my vote, at least enough to run a sortie or two.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Do you guys still recommend using the autoexec file for all clients connecting to your server?

As our group grows, we are getting a large number of players on our flight nights and are looking for anyway to help some of the lag/disconnect issues.

Still relevant in 2.5?

Thanks!

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Do you guys still recommend using the autoexec file for all clients connecting to your server?

As our group grows, we are getting a large number of players on our flight nights and are looking for anyway to help some of the lag/disconnect issues.

Still relevant in 2.5?

Thanks!

Yes always it helps ALOT especially when the client counts go into the high numbers and when there's alot going on.

I do understand why some servers don't set nighttime, or have server start/restart times coincide with before sunrise/after sunset, so it's a real shame when it's negated entirely; the AV-8B NA is fit for it, so I feel we Harrier drivers ought to get a look in for such operations on popular servers.

Occasional nighttime would get my vote, at least enough to run a sortie or two.

The issue is with the transition from day time to night time. Currently there some major issues with the lighting the lower the sun gets in the sky.

At sunset there is a period of between 30-60 mins of intense darkness that drives off a lot of clients that have no NVGs.

About an hour after sunset the lighting starts to normalise and we no longer get that intense darkness.

We have also set the mission to a date that has a full moon so our night time ops are actually pretty great for visibility,

its just getting to that period one hour after sunset while keeping the server population up that is the struggle.

Last week we started the mission at 22:00 with the sun well done and the moon already high in the sky,

it made for some great sorties and even better landings at the boat.

Expect more of that coming this week!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3538008']The issue is with the transition from day time to night time. Currently there some major issues with the lighting the lower the sun gets in the sky.

At sunset there is a period of between 30-60 mins of intense darkness that drives off a lot of clients that have no NVGs.

About an hour after sunset the lighting starts to normalise and we no longer get that intense darkness.

We have also set the mission to a date that has a full moon so our night time ops are actually pretty great for visibility,

its just getting to that period one hour after sunset while keeping the server population up that is the struggle.

Last week we started the mission at 22:00 with the sun well done and the moon already high in the sky,

it made for some great sorties and even better landings at the boat.

Expect more of that coming this week!

Understood, and on the rendering engine change being recent hopefully we'll see some improvements soon regarding day/night transition.

Look forward to seeing the "balls-o'clock" recoveries, might jump in for some of those myself.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Yes always it helps ALOT especially when the client counts go into the high numbers and when there's alot going on.

Hey thanks for the reply!

Hope you don't mind if I pick your brain for a few.

How did you come up with those numbers for bandwidth? I don't want to just blindly copy what you guys are doing to help smooth out things (we are ~50-60 folks online at a time now when we have our flight nights), should we consider some bandwidth tests for down/up on the server itself and how we should have clients configured?

Not a network guy at all, so I'm a little dense. Apologies :)

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Hey thanks for the reply!

Hope you don't mind if I pick your brain for a few.

How did you come up with those numbers for bandwidth? I don't want to just blindly copy what you guys are doing to help smooth out things (we are ~50-60 folks online at a time now when we have our flight nights), should we consider some bandwidth tests for down/up on the server itself and how we should have clients configured?

Not a network guy at all, so I'm a little dense. Apologies :)

PM sent.

f4vSvGH.jpg

We are proud to announce that with permission from the VFA-113 we have introduced the LSO Mod on to our server

onboard the USS Stennis and USS Washington.

Sadly having the full mod package installed will fail Integrity Check however we have added the LSO part of the mod on to both carriers and Hornet pilots will now get LSO calls while recovering on the CASE 1.

You can click on the image above to download the mod and train using the LSO Plat CAM view.

You do NOT need to install the mod to have it work on our server however. All you have to do is fly the correct CASE 1 pattern and you will hear the LSO talking to you... and possibly the Air Boss telling you to depart and re-enter, watch out for those Airbuses cutting in line! :D

Thank you so much to JAR and everyone at the VFA-113 for this incredible mod!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey lads.

Heard you were going to add the Mirage back to Blue side in limited numbers. Can I put my opinion forward on why I think this is a wee bit of a bad idea?

Obviously if you disagree I wont be offended lol

As it stands we are just about holding our own and it's not a matter of what jets you have to fight against. It's simply a matter of numbers.

At the moment the Red's are fighting 10:1 and that's the hardest part TBH. It's not unusual for us to be taking off while our SAM are firing off from the Q. I'm not complaining I mean those 20 x F18 year old girls want blood and that's fine ;)

When your awacs has been shot down, they're circling like eagles and they have GCI (GO Blue Team!) it kinda makes the situation stale and puts people off joining RED.

Which is the norm in DCS multiplayer and why I fly RED, I like the challenge. So cool...

But...

If these guys want to fly Mirages then why not fly Red???

If you can answer me that, then hopefully I'll get it..

In my experience there are never more than 4xMirages flying at one time, if Blue gets them these guys will just join Blue and leave Red even more vulnerable. Add to that there is very seldom GCI on Red so the F5's will become useless Friendly Fire Machines lol

You guys on Blue have:

Carriers

2 x awacs

The numbers

GCI more often than Red

why make it harder for Red?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey lads.

Heard you were going to add the Mirage back to Blue side in limited numbers. Can I put my opinion forward on why I think this is a wee bit of a bad idea?

Obviously if you disagree I wont be offended lol

As it stands we are just about holding our own and it's not a matter of what jets you have to fight against. It's simply a matter of numbers.

At the moment the Red's are fighting 10:1 and that's the hardest part TBH. It's not unusual for us to be taking off while our SAM are firing off from the Q. I'm not complaining I mean those 20 x F18 year old girls want blood and that's fine ;)

When your awacs has been shot down, they're circling like eagles and they have GCI (GO Blue Team!) it kinda makes the situation stale and puts people off joining RED.

Which is the norm in DCS multiplayer and why I fly RED, I like the challenge. So cool...

But...

If these guys want to fly Mirages then why not fly Red???

If you can answer me that, then hopefully I'll get it..

In my experience there are never more than 4xMirages flying at one time, if Blue gets them these guys will just join Blue and leave Red even more vulnerable. Add to that there is very seldom GCI on Red so the F5's will become useless Friendly Fire Machines lol

You guys on Blue have:

Carriers

2 x awacs

The numbers

GCI more often than Red

why make it harder for Red?

A reason to fly mirage at blue is combined AG and AA. AG with mirage on red is boring, whereas blue mirages also must deal with f5 coming from Khasab. Red is outnumbered because of f18s and that doesnt really count as the f18 can be fought very well until it gets a proper radar stabilization and TWS mode...

I have to say I agree with comie1 about keeping the Mirage 2000C on Red. Right now the current setup makes the RWR really useful, props up numbers on REDFOR, and makes VID in all the non-radar/non-IFF aircraft actually doable.

If pilots absolutely have to fly blue they have a multitude of good platforms to choose from.