What spots in Iran part of the PG terrain you do find the most interesting?

Gierasimov

Hi

I find flying in the area of Khasab the most interesting for the terrain shape, mountain detailed textures and variety of vegetation.

I tried to find nice places like that in the Iranian part of the terrain but so far only Bandar Abbas would be a matching detail.

Considering what I just said, do you have any other examples?

Thanks

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I am wondering, shouldnt there be snow in some part of moutains in Iran?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Interesting

That would be north part of Iran I think.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The mountains are superb in some areas, the way the tectonic plates have pushed the mountains inland to create lower narrower mountain ridges that create thin long deep hides for a chopper attack position. The larger, higher fully formed mountains behind the ridge line helps confuse radar and radar guided weapons.... I think I never felt so safe.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Really good ones pointed out here already and everyone's answer to this is going to be right.

For me, North of Lar the mountains and roads twist and turn quite a bit. Very nice.

I also really like Havadarya. The amount of stuff available from that runway is amazing. Ports, refineries, cities, towns, terrain features, ships, islands...

Also check out the Minhab dam.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Thanks!

Really good ones pointed out here already and everyone's answer to this is going to be right.

For me, North of Lar the mountains and roads twist and turn quite a bit. Very nice.

I also really like Havadarya. The amount of stuff available from that runway is amazing. Ports, refineries, cities, towns, terrain features, ships, islands...

Also check out the Minhab dam.

Yes, I did go to see the dam, but looks like this -

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220702

Probably depends on the season. Looks like some areas would be above 3km in the south-west/central parts of the country, south of Kerman - is that area included in the map?

Map:

http://www.maps-of-the-world.net/maps/maps-of-asia/maps-of-iran/detailed-physical-map-of-iran.jpg

For the highest peaks take your pick :smilewink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mountains_in_Iran

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

I've just seen one hill that had strands of snow. Don't think we got any snowcaps in this one sadly :cry:

So far what I've found somewhere west of the Lar airbase is my favourite. Lots of canyons, small mountains and very interesting shapes and formations of the terrain. Take a fast helicopter and go 50km west... big area to marvel at and explore.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS