VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

Thanks for that, good to know I'm not alone. Any indication of this being an item that is worked on?

Seems like that has been going on for a while, I would have hoped they would get that taken care of quickly.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else experiencing incorrect input from the MCG buttons after computer restart, requiring one or multiple restarts of the Blackbox to get correct button readouts?

Yep, I have to restart through the software multiple times to get rid of a bunch of fake keypresses every now and then.

VKB has been really silent for the past month or so... it's strange.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

So, I've got all my new controls ordered, and a nagging issue in the back of my mind just popped into the front.

So, I've got the MCG Pro/Gunfighter on the way. My original intent had been to use the 8" extension sold on the VKB site when it becomes available, but realised suddenly that with a truly floor mounted unit... 8" ain't gonna be enough. So, I'm currently looking at either having to build a platform for it to sit on, or figuring out how to extend more than 8".

The longer the stick, obviously, the greater risk of signal degradation. Plus there's the issue of whether the 8" extension was ever intended to have further extensions put to it, and the associated possibility of wiring, etc.

Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations for this situation? My seat has one of those drop in center mounts, which was cool and all, but it's really in the way when you're trying to get in/out the seat and I was hoping to be able to floor mount it so I'd have more freedom of movement.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations for this situation?

I was hoping to be able to floor mount it so I'd have more freedom of movement.

There's lots of ways to handle this. Some people get desk clamps. I decided to homebrew this up, it's just 90mm pvc tubing bolted to a sheet of mdf, with tube caps on each end. I ended up adding two brackets for a little bit extra support, which I found I needed with a couple springs on each axis. It's very stable, and with your feet on the pedals it's not going anywhere. It's cheap, easy to make and does the job for me.

https://imgur.com/RRdPC5D

Edited by SneakyBastd

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

• 2 weeks later...

I've given up waiting for VKB to respond. It's been weeks....

So, is the current beta firmware with improved folding trigger support good enough to use right now? Or does it have problems that make it not worth bothering with?

Thanks.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

What is going on over there at VKB? No new firmware version in ages and no new news on some of their products.

I emailed them because I had placed an order a couple of weeks ago on an in stock item and hadn’t heard anything. I got a response that they had just moved their offices and were just now getting back up to speed.

I have a questioning if the warthog grip can be used with the gunfighter2 pro base?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Yes, inside Cougar grip are the same kind of Shift Register PCB with CD4021B used in Warthog (you can use Cougar grip in Warthog base).

The electronic adapter in VKB kit is for translate the serial protocol coming from Cougar/Warthog grip in "VKB protocol". :)

Just pay attention in VKB page that are adapter for the various "flavors" of VKB connectors - until now VKB produced 3 joystick bases and 2 grips, but 4 types of connectors. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

What is going on over there at VKB? No new firmware version in ages and no new news on some of their products.

I remember seeing reports of buttons getting messed up on the MCG grips at times, where some would always appear pressed. No new firmware comment above kind of jogged my memory, as I would assume that would require a firmware update to fix.

Anyone know if this issue ever got resolved?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Look at VKB Technical Support Forum give a good picture of problems/solutions users are facing.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25&sid=3fbb6d0f6160e06f2c96ce330ac109be

Firmware/software are constantly updated - but mostly still in Beta versions posted in a difficult to understand topic - without data, change log, and files available only in "Cloud's".

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908

Yes, inside Cougar grip are the same kind of Shift Register PCB with CD4021B used in Warthog (you can use Cougar grip in Warthog base).

The electronic adapter in VKB kit is for translate the serial protocol coming from Cougar/Warthog grip in "VKB protocol". :)

Just pay attention in VKB page that are adapter for the various "flavors" of VKB connectors - until now VKB produced 3 joystick bases and 2 grips, but 4 types of connectors. :D

Many thanks for your response.

Does the warthog twist adapter require a vkb base or will it work with the tm base?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

BlacleyCole,

VKB teaser a twist (rudder) for their MCG grip only - and say that this will be not compatible with their own KG-12A grip, neither say nothing about be compatible with Warthog grip - apparently both grips has no space for fix the twist mechanism. Is what is know about for a while.

BTW - Thrustmaster Warthog base electronics has no place for extra axes, so no way to put twist, brake lever or mini-stick in Warthog grip (neither this grip IRL has this kind of things).

BTW - Thrustmaster Warthog base electronics has no place for extra axes, so no way to put twist, brake lever or mini-stick in Warthog grip (neither this grip IRL has this kind of things).

I presume that TM shifted the philosophy to individual USB devices which can be unified via TARGET rather than to limit themselves to like e.g. on TM Cougar design which connected the throttle and the rudder unit to the PCB in the stick and then was limited to 8 axis per USB device or so (which wasn't enough for TM Cougar if the rudder was connected).

In theory, VKB could make a more universal twist adapter (if there would be some modular design with adapters for mounting it to different sticks and a hole for a pass-through cable connecting the grip to the base) with a separate USB connection, rather than integrating it with the electronics in the stick.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

"Grip fastener" is the two part pieces that keep grip attached to base connector and are fastened together with the Allen head bolt, making pressure against the base connector.

All VKB removable grips use this "fastener", see in this video ~0:10.

I presume that TM shifted the philosophy to individual USB devices which can be unified via TARGET rather than to limit themselves to like e.g. on TM Cougar design which connected the throttle and the rudder unit to the PCB in the stick and then was limited to 8 axis per USB device or so (which wasn't enough for TM Cougar if the rudder was connected).

In theory, VKB could make a more universal twist adapter (if there would be some modular design with adapters for mounting it to different sticks and a hole for a pass-through cable connecting the grip to the base) with a separate USB connection, rather than integrating it with the electronics in the stick.

I like this idea because I’m a diabetic with neurotrophic condition in my feet and lately hands so being able to twist the grip actually works better for me than pedals. I have a vkb gladiator and it was my travel stick since my rift and laptop travel with me normally but the throttle is too small to be used in VR I’m wanting to mount my tm wh grip on a vkb gf2 base and use The throttle until vkb releases theirs then I’ll re evaluate and use the better of the two which for me might be the vkb since it’s switches aren’t remapped and tucked. Under the grip.

So that makes me go back to my original idea of getting the gf2pro and mcg pro when they are avail. The and hope the twist adapter will make it soon.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB