DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread

FSFIan

You need to post the entire sketch in order to see where the problem is.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

NVG with DCS-BIOS

Hi all,

Is DCS-BIOS capable of controlling the Night Vision Goggles in DCS? I'd like to connect an on/off switch as well as a rotary encoder or potentiometer for the gain level. I can't seem to find any code relating to NVG function in the DCS-BIOS control reference however.

Cheers!

DCS-BIOS NVG

Hi CptClownfish,

For which DCS module are you trying to implement this?

Mole

Hi all,

Is DCS-BIOS capable of controlling the Night Vision Goggles in DCS? I'd like to connect an on/off switch as well as a rotary encoder or potentiometer for the gain level. I can't seem to find any code relating to NVG function in the DCS-BIOS control reference however.

Cheers!

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

@rocketeer which plane?

Edit: If you mean the A-10C because they are not programmed in the Clickable.lua.

i try something maybe it works

Edit2:

They are not clickable so not programmed, i have added the lights in our File - only thing i can do

Edited by BlackLibrary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi guys , i'm beguinner with arduino , i 'm working on an F14 simpit.

I managed to gets some leds lighting like Hooks and SW cool.

But now i would like to light a leds when flaps are down. But on F14 it's a mechanical FLAG.

o the DCS BIOS library provide this code line :

DcsBios::ServoOutput pltFlapsInd(0x13c0, PIN, 544, 2400);

what do i ve to do to convert it to a led ? instead of servo out put ?

regards

guillaume

I must be dumb..... i am working with an Arduino UNO board and, arduino DCS-BIOS lib version 0.2.18 i had the code sort of working, minus the LED, updated to the new version and now i get the error:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\cdful\Documents\Arduino\libraries\dcs-bios-arduino-library-0.2.18\src/DcsBios.h:109:0,

from C:\Users\cdful\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_26096\MasterCaution.ino:5:

C:\Users\cdful\Documents\Arduino\libraries\dcs-bios-arduino-library-0.2.18\src/internal/Switches.h:6:26: fatal error: SwitchMatrix.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with

"Show verbose output during compilation"

option enabled in File -> Preferences.

any ideas?

Basic joystick (pitch/roll) function in DCS-BIOS

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out where I find the the basic pitch/roll functionality in DCS-BIOS. I cannot see this function anywhere in the reference files. Can this only be controlled by an external joystick or can it be mapped in DCS-BIOS somewhere?

Thanks!

I must be dumb..... i am working with an Arduino UNO board and, arduino DCS-BIOS lib version 0.2.18 i had the code sort of working, minus the LED, updated to the new version and now i get the error:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\cdful\Documents\Arduino\libraries\dcs-bios-arduino-library-0.2.18\src/DcsBios.h:109:0,

from C:\Users\cdful\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_26096\MasterCaution.ino:5:

C:\Users\cdful\Documents\Arduino\libraries\dcs-bios-arduino-library-0.2.18\src/internal/Switches.h:6:26: fatal error: SwitchMatrix.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with

"Show verbose output during compilation"

option enabled in File -> Preferences.

any ideas?

Hi fullwoody,

Please check the first line in this post; https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=240525

You need to include the SwitchMatrix.h or exclude it from your sketch

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out where I find the the basic pitch/roll functionality in DCS-BIOS. I cannot see this function anywhere in the reference files. Can this only be controlled by an external joystick or can it be mapped in DCS-BIOS somewhere?

Thanks!

I seem to recall Ian (father of DCS-BIOS) stating that he did not think DCS-BIOS was fast enough for flight controls. The only place I have found a reference for it (in the A-10C) is in this file ;

mainpanel_init.lua

Located here;

..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts

But it looks like just the animation.

Cheers

Hans

I seem to recall Ian (father of DCS-BIOS) stating that he did not think DCS-BIOS was fast enough for flight controls. The only place I have found a reference for it (in the A-10C) is in this file ;

Located here;

But it looks like just the animation.

Cheers

Hans

Many thanks Hans! That solves the mystery :thumbup:

Roel

Thanks for the info. i was able to get it to upload... however the issue i see now is that DCS-BIOS seems to lose sync with the position of the switch... and it shows multiple iterations of a switch position.

FLAP_MODE 0

FLAP_MODE 2

FLAP_MODE 0

FLAP_MODE 2

FLAP_MODE 1

FLAP_MODE 0

This was one click of the switch from center to One position.

FLAP_MODE 1

FLAP_MODE 2

Above is back to center

FLAP_MODE 1

FLAP_MODE 2

To the other position.

it seems to be very inconsistent with toggle switches, it is not specific to a line of code, this is straight from the serial monitor. The switch is configured with one leg to pin 12, the center to ground and the other leg to pin 9. ive tried different types of 3Pos toggle with no difference in results.

Thanks for the info. i was able to get it to upload... however the issue i see now is that DCS-BIOS seems to lose sync with the position of the switch... and it shows multiple iterations of a switch position.

FLAP_MODE 0

FLAP_MODE 2

FLAP_MODE 0

FLAP_MODE 2

FLAP_MODE 1

FLAP_MODE 0

FLAP_MODE 1

FLAP_MODE 2

Above is back to center

FLAP_MODE 1

FLAP_MODE 2

To the other position.

it seems to be very inconsistent with toggle switches, it is not specific to a line of code, this is straight from the serial monitor. The switch is configured with one leg to pin 12, the center to ground and the other leg to pin 9. ive tried different types of 3Pos toggle with no difference in results.

I may just be bouncing of the toggle switch but it surprices me that the first runs through all three states.

Please include your code and what module you are working on. Thanks

Cheers

Hans

Edited by Hansolo

This maybe a grounding issue where your input pins are floating. You grabbing hold of the switch grounds it temporarily. Can you confirm your centre pin ground is connected to the Arduino's ground?

cheers

John

FLAP_MODE 0

FLAP_MODE 2

FLAP_MODE 0

FLAP_MODE 2

FLAP_MODE 1

FLAP_MODE 0

FLAP_MODE 1

FLAP_MODE 2

Above is back to center

FLAP_MODE 1

FLAP_MODE 2

To the other position.

Hi DCS-BIOS Gurus!

I have been fiddling with my pit, now that Summer has started to fade and the days are getting shorter....

I have still failed to get a RS485 network working, and now, even my serial coded modules are causing me strife!

I have checked my Sketches and they compile/load without complaint. My ARC-9/15 Sketch which Hansolo helped with does the following now, (it used to work...). I run it, and after 3 seconds it just stalls. I can see from the lines that it is reading correct outputs from the hardware. But it also seems to interact with DCS correctly, just for a very short time.

I have tried adding a 12v power supply to the Mega, no difference. The Mega is plugged into a USB extension port, but even when I tried it directly into the PC, same problem. Its like a syncing issue or a timing issue....

Any ideas/solutions gratefully received. This issue may even be contributing to my inability to get the network running.

Thanks in advanmce,

Mole

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

bsd sig 2021.jpg

Hello,

You just need a relay and you can run a lot of things with an Arduino.

A seat with tactile feedback is a must-have item. Get one of those -and- add vibrations wherever you think you want them. I like every surface I touch in the pit to be vibrating in some way. Bass shaker's can also help.

Hi Mole,

Have you tried to load the sketch unto another board. It could be that the Arduino is failing. Just guessing here.

Cheers

Hans

Thanks Hans,

On holiday until Tuesday so will check when I get back.

Mole

bsd sig 2021.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to wire up a couple of rotary encoders to control the Comm1 and Comm2 knobs on the F/A-18 (and AV8BNA) UFC.

The ones I have in my bits drawer were a couple of KY-040 encoders but these appear to be triggering the channel change 4 times per detent (is the code actually firing with each of the individual changes per encoder pulse ?)

Has anyone encountered and solved this problem ? Or am I better off ditching these encoders and getting something better - which case what part suggestions do people have ?

Cheers

EDIT -- Forget all about that, I just found the stepsPerDetent_ parameter in Encoders.h and the fact it defaults to 1. Sorry about that.

Edited by Matchstick

Can anyone tell me if the state of the CAP buttons in the RIO pit of the F14B are exported? They can be illuminated with a green arrow, and I don't see an obvious function in DCS-BIOS that captures this state. The LED function just fires when the button is pressed, and the button LED states are not necessarily related to the button being pressed.

Edited by electricaltill