Dynamic weather (again)

J13 Serenity

Hello

I've read the manual, and several guides and forum discussions on this topic.

But yet, can anyone explain me how to reliably create a situation with IFR - Marginal VFR over a certain point, or at least 100x100 km region?

Most of the experiments end up with more or less same clouds with light showers, and very, very strong winds.

And is it possible to make morning fog to dissipate eventually?

You may get better results by editing the .miz file directly using something like text pad or notepad++ rather than using the mission editor in game. Editing the file directly it's possible to program weather pattern much larger than the actual game map, which is entirely realistic.

I've never done this myself but it's described in this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178451

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

It can't be done. There just isn't enough moisture in the air to make the kind of weather that you can get in static mode. Yes you can reduce temperature and pressure to form visible moisture but even at crazy low T and P you get moderate clouds. And it's a 50mph snow storm at that point.

...And is it possible to make morning fog to dissipate eventually?

So is there a way to dissipate the fog?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 1 month later...

Hate to dig it up again, but does anyone know if it's possible yet to go from good weather to bad weather? Last I tried, the consensus was it was only possible to begin with bad weather that eventually stabilized.

Also, I remember talk of dynamic weather not being synchronized in multiplayer. In other words, clouds for one player might be sky for another and vice versa. Any updates on these fronts, no pun intended—well, a little pun intended.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf