[NOT BUG] Engine is not starting

Vodka Meister

so as titled above the engine does not start. i know there was a problem with the battery a while ago but this is not it. and this problem is not fixed with changing spawn. even autostart doesnt start up the engine.its like the ground start button has no effect. i have tried to reinstalled DCS and cleared my saved games folder, it did not do anything. its been like this for me since the refueling probe was released. im playing on Stable please send help !!!

Edited by L0op8ack

so as titled above the engine does not start. i know there was a problem with the battery a while ago but this is not it. and this problem is not fixed with changing spawn. even autostart doesnt start up the engine.its like the ground start button has no effect. i have tried to reinstalled DCS and cleared my saved games folder, it did not do anything. its been like this for me since the refueling probe was released. im playing on Stable please send help !!!

MP or SP ?

Did you miss to uncage the thottle? Or like hamza_Khan said, are you pressing the button long enough? I just tested it in the latest OB(stable is the same version atm) and had no problem doing a cold start without ground power.

Could you post a track of your cold start attampt?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Also make sure your throttle is set to idle.

I noticed, after using my HOTAS for some years, that even when set to idle, ther was still a tiny imput from my throttle, so I could start no aicraft that required this.

Easy fixed by setting a small deadzone.

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Also make sure your throttle is set to idle.

I noticed, after using my HOTAS for some years, that even when set to idle, ther was still a tiny imput from my throttle, so I could start no aicraft that required this.

Easy fixed by setting a small deadzone.

this right here ^^ never occurred to me that that might be causing it as most other planes are just fine but yes this was the problem thank you so much <3