[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, while flying mission 10 of the campaign, I tried to enter the waypoint altitudes manually during startup. One of the waypoints required 26000 feet, but if I tried to input that number into the PCN it didn't take. I tried with 25000 and it went throught alright. I then went back to try some other values, even 25001 is rejected, as is the equivalent altitude in meters. So it seems 25000 feet is a hard maximum for PCN altitude inputs. Is this correct?

Today, while flying mission 10 of the campaign, I tried to enter the waypoint altitudes manually during startup. One of the waypoints required 26000 feet, but if I tried to input that number into the PCN it didn't take. I tried with 25000 and it went throught alright. I then went back to try some other values, even 25001 is rejected, as is the equivalent altitude in meters. So it seems 25000 feet is a hard maximum for PCN altitude inputs. Is this correct?

Yes, waypoint altitude are supposed to be topographical altitude, not your flight plan altitude. You have to handle that yourself.

In western Europe, no topographical altitude is above 25 000ft.

I wonder though if Indian Mirage 2000H got a custom INS with higher limit ? :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yes, waypoint altitude are supposed to be topographical altitude, not your flight plan altitude. You have to handle that yourself.

In western Europe, no topographical altitude is above 25 000ft.

Alright, that makes perfect sense. The campaign mission briefings repeatedly instruct you to manually input waypoint altitudes into the PCN, though. Maybe something to reconsider :)

yes, i have the same problem. And i can´t enter correctly numbers in the align system.

Entering numbers into INS should still be the same as before and AFAIK it has worked perfectly well for a long time now. What problem are you having, exactly? Maybe I can help out.

I have noticed quite a few times that the relative velocity indication in both HUD and VTH is wrong. It's most obvious when flying formation with another aircraft while the radar displays something like "-100VR"

Yes, this does happen when you fly close and the contact is locked in TWS.

The bug is that the radar should switch to STT when too close.:smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

The bug was on the JF-17 side, it's radar signal strength parameter was too high.

"Was" ? For me on the 6th of january the bug is still there.

Although your explanation is consistent with the bug but I don't have this bug with other jets (FC3, F5E, F14...).

Is it reported and about to be fixed ?

Hi everyone, quick question, when using INS bombing mode, you should be able to press and hold the trigger once the horizontal bar appears on the hud.

Then the bomb should release automatically when the bar reach the flying path marker. It works well when using CCRP.

Problem is when using INS mode, once the horizontal bar appears the bombs released as soon as I press the trigger.

I cannot hold it for it to climb and auto release.

Thanks for your help.

Problem is when using INS mode, once the horizontal bar appears the bombs released as soon as I press the trigger.

A known (long standing) issue when using INS mode, the work around is to press the trigger when the CCRP release cue reaches the flight path marker.

Original bug reports are in the "Resolved Bugs" section:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184971

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3106199#post3106199

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

IF TDC Center is a "made up game function" to center the TDC cursor on the radar display, but in the real jet this function does not exist, then WHAT does the push in function of the TDC stick actually do in the real jet instead? If it toggles STT and TWS, then what does CS8 do in the real jet, because it's redundant?

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I just took the Mirage for a spin after having not flown it in over a year and playing with the INS mode selector I noticed severe frame drops in all modes except L/G and a short freeze happens every time when I change the mode. Never had such issues in the past :huh:

Anyway, each his own, this function is important to me.

It shouldn't matter anyways how important this function is to someone. It's a function that is there and hence it should work properly.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not certain if this is a bug, a feature, or a bugged feature, or a French thing.

Right, so I am a fan of one pass haul ass, air-ground in AAA and SHORAD SAM environment. Come in at 520 knots, ECM ON, flares popping,fire off all rockets , drop all bombs, go balls out at full mil power, out of IR SHORAD, then go full really balls out in burner NOE out of threat area.

This works great with 2 X SNEB pods. Select RK3, radar ON when target in sight. Hold down button, wait until woushing stops, signaling all rounds expended. All good.

Well not with 4 pods. Fire control expends either outer or inner pods, but leave other 2 pods unexpended. Requiring 2nd pass, which is a grave sin, in Strike Pilot religion.

Really there should be a 'vomit' fire control AG mode for guns and rockets. Where armed rockets and guns fire at same time, using rocket AG sight, and all rocket rounds are expended. With guns and rockets firing as long as fire button is held down.

This was one of lessons learned, from 6 Day War. IDF MirageIII, Voudour, would rocket and strafe simultaneously , when attacking Egyptian airfields.

The unofficial DCS: A-4E mod has this feature. Turn on Guns, set rockets. Sight set for rockets. Within 1800 feet, press fire and hold it down. Skyhawk just looses rockets and shells.

DSC: F-5E sort has this. Turn on gun, set rockets, set sight depr for rockets. Within 1800-1500 feet, slant range, fire rockets, as soon as rockets are expended hold down fire cannon. So in one pass both rockets and guns.

I tried this, in Mirage. But cycling to AG guns, after rockets expended at attack speed of 500 knots, takes too long. Plus gotta watch that radar altitude caret. Target fixation is a real threat.

The unofficial DCS: A-4E mod has this feature. Turn on Guns, set rockets. Sight set for rockets. Within 1800 feet, press fire and hold it down. Skyhawk just looses rockets and shells.

DSC: F-5E sort has this. Turn on gun, set rockets, set sight depr for rockets. Within 1800-1500 feet, slant range, fire rockets, as soon as rockets are expended hold down fire cannon. So in one pass both rockets and guns.

I tried this, in Mirage. But cycling to AG guns, after rockets expended at attack speed of 500 knots, takes too long. Plus gotta watch that radar altitude caret. Target fixation is a real threat.

Each aircraft his own. You have only one trigger to shoot both weapons, so you can only shot one type at a time with the Mirage. You also have to select one type at a time on PCA.

So it's AG gun or rockets.

I just tried. To fire 4 pods at once:

- PCA select RK3 then on upper line both INT + EXT

- PPA switch from PAR to TOT (push button on the low right).

But there is a bug: RK3 should not appear on the left window of PCA. When no Magic, this one is left empty. So RK3 should be on the second window from the left.

Sorry, Rift S screenshot, I was testing Modicap headphones at the same time.

Aviation-PHOTO-TIR-EN-SALVE-ROQUETTES-68-MM.jpg

Screen_200112_040647.thumb.png.b1c5913eb364d595d23ace5970eb2d00.png

Screen_200112_040710.thumb.png.010ca4041099570fdd7607952e85d2df.png

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

Hello,

Here is a small bug that I have noticed everytime: when I reach my Bingo fuel, the Bingo light on the alarm panel lights up but it should light the amber warning repeater after 30" with the associated amber alarm sound.

Also, there is supposed to be a "glou-glou" sound when I reach the bingo fuel.

Both of these sounds are missing for me.

Did you also notice this?

Thanks!

Hello,

In the cockpit I have two knobs on the radar panel that are marked with "Radar illumination switch" and "Radar contrast switch".

I think that in the real airplane these are switches to select the radar frequency logic, in order to avoid jamming each other within a flight if radar frequencies are too close.

Thanks

Hello,

Here is a small bug that I have noticed everytime: when I reach my Bingo fuel, the Bingo light on the alarm panel lights up but it should light the amber warning repeater after 30" with the associated amber alarm sound.

Also, there is supposed to be a "glou-glou" sound when I reach the bingo fuel.

Both of these sounds are missing for me.

Did you also notice this?

Thanks!

From where are you getting this information ?

From what I know, the bingo warning does not work the same way as any other warning, but I might be wrong :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I tried it in the plane once during a visit.

When you go on the test position, indicated fuel on the detot is decreasing and fuel lights are on. When you reach around 1400 kg you can hear the "glou glou" sound associated to bingo warning.

Regarding the alarm panel, it also works as any amber light and should have its warning sound... as any amber alarm...

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.