NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Hi heclak. I started from a airport runway so will try from catapult instead.

Cheers

You shouldn't have that problem if you started from an airport runway too. Hmm.. seems like we need some investigating. But its probably an issue with the game engine rather than the module though. We never had this issue before the version of DCS world that broke the SFM physics.

I would be interested to what sounds we can get! Are you on discord? It would be easier to discuss details there.

-------- I do have a Discord. PM me the details if you wish.

I don’t believe the code has been written for exporting yet. I’ll need to find the time to get around to that. I’ll add that to the issue tracker.

-------- I appreciate your efforts. I will not be at the point to actually use it for quite some time.

I’m curious what connection does the radar use and if the internal display still works. It might be more interesting if the original display can be used.

-------- I series of terminals but I suspect this tube would require too much work to convert. I was just going to rob the superimposed glass and bezel then stick in front of a small LCD screen.

For the Export: i got it the simple way.

i have defined the right and left MFD from the A10 that works with the most planes.

for the a4

add this line:

try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

here: Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C\Cockpit\Scripts\RADAR\Indicator\init.lua

before the last one. ( startup_print("radar HUD: load end") )

made a lua for monitor setup:

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 0;
    y = 1250;
    width = 550;
    height = 550;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 730;
    y = 1250;
    width = 550;
    height = 550;
}

the valves are mine may not work for you

I will give this a shot when I have time. Thank you for sharing.

You shouldn't have that problem if you started from an airport runway too. Hmm.. seems like we need some investigating. But its probably an issue with the game engine rather than the module though. We never had this issue before the version of DCS world that broke the SFM physics.

I'm finding that the Skyhawk can land and take off from a runway fine ( not sure if airstarting is an issue there, haven't tried it )

With the Stennis though, if you take off from the carrier and attempt a landing it explodes as soon as it touches the deck.

This is 2.5 stable, latest update.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

I'm finding that the Skyhawk can land and take off from a runway fine ( not sure if airstarting is an issue there, haven't tried it )

With the Stennis though, if you take off from the carrier and attempt a landing it explodes as soon as it touches the deck.

This is 2.5 stable, latest update.

I just tested a catapult launch then carrier landing in the latest open beta. It's currently on the same version number as stable. No issues with the landing. I trapped with a descent of -1000 feet per minute. Maybe you're landing too hard?

I just tested a catapult launch then carrier landing in the latest open beta. It's currently on the same version number as stable. No issues with the landing. I trapped with a descent of -1000 feet per minute. Maybe you're landing too hard?

Thanks for that, maybe I am landing too hard then ? I'll persevere and see what happens :)

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Is there an easy way to find user made missions for this great mod? Maybe a A-4E-C mission thread somewhere that I couldn't find?

I tried the user files section on the official ED website, but as they don't accept this as an official 3rd party addon (yet), unfortunately it's not possible to filter on the Skyhawk

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Is there an easy way to find user made missions for this great mod? Maybe a A-4E-C mission thread somewhere that I couldn't find?

I tried the user files section on the official ED website, but as they don't accept this as an official 3rd party addon (yet), unfortunately it's not possible to filter on the Skyhawk

It isn’t ideal but under the “unit” filter select “other”. That’s where all the A-4 missions are (mixed in with some other missions that weren’t labeled correctly).

Great job, heclak! :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Are exterior lights working at the moment? I could swear I've seen them before but went to do some night flying in the Skyhawk and couldn't get exterior lights to come on at all via key presses or cockpit clicks.

Edit: I'm guessing they're not. In a group, I see 2 using the red strobe, but no other exteriors.

Edited by AesclepiusCrow

Are exterior lights working at the moment? I could swear I've seen them before but went to do some night flying in the Skyhawk and couldn't get exterior lights to come on at all via key presses or cockpit clicks.

Edit: I'm guessing they're not. In a group, I see 2 using the red strobe, but no other exteriors.

The lights should be working. Some lights like the anti-collision are a bit dim in v1.3 at the moment. Make sure the master exterior light switch is on.

Thanks for that, maybe I am landing too hard then ? I'll persevere and see what happens :)

I've had this issue too. I've been putting it on the deck very gently, and I always explode.

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.

Very, very good module. Thank you for your work. Too bad you're not collecting donations. I was especially pleased with the elaborate lighting. Not all paid modules have such lighting. I have questions, if you don't mind, could you tell where I can change the brightness of the lighting ( in what file to look for?) Sorry for my English. Thanks and good luck)

Very, very good module. Thank you for your work. Too bad you're not collecting donations. I was especially pleased with the elaborate lighting. Not all paid modules have such lighting. I have questions, if you don't mind, could you tell where I can change the brightness of the lighting ( in what file to look for?) Sorry for my English. Thanks and good luck)

What brightness changes are you looking to do? Not all brightness changes can be done.

Is there a specific place to post concerning liveries?

Are you looking to ask questions or post your liveries? If you’re looking for a discussion, we’re available on this thread. We don’t have a dedication forum section so it’s an all-in-one thread. Or else we’re available on the discord group.

Hi guys,

searching is quite something in those 150 pages. I am wondering ... is the ADF tracking implemented? I found the switch on the right panel and the channel would not go lower than 220. But even there I was not able to figure it out.

I know the radio does not work due to API limitation, but does it include the ADF?

Edited by Frag

Are you looking to ask questions or post your liveries? If you’re looking for a discussion, we’re available on this thread. We don’t have a dedication forum section so it’s an all-in-one thread. Or else we’re available on the discord group.

I wish we had a dedicated livery section. The Skyhawk liveries are scattered all over the DCS User Files, and are difficult to search for since one creator will tag his "A-4-E," another will tag "A-4E," and another will tag "A-4E-C." Searching for them is a pain. It would be nice to have the liveries centralized.