Time acceleration status or slow motion speed?

bofhlusr

Pressing the left Alt-z key places the plane in slow motion mode. Left Ctrl-z accelerates the game speed and left Shift-z places it in normal mode.

How does one tell the status of the game speed (not the speed of the plane).

Also, left Shift-Ctrl-Pause puts the plane in Active Pause (an oxymoron for sure). Is there a video somewhere demonstrating the effect of Active Pause? Thanks.

• Like 1

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

It worked. Thanks.

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

On the bottom right of the info bar next to the current time (in sim) you will see red numbers showing the simulation rate.

Active pause freezes the position of your aircraft, but allows you to continue using systems and controls in the cockpit.

Also, everything else around you will work (AI units and such)

• 2 years later...
12 minutes ago, jackd said:

time acceleration ... cannot find it in controls, what is it called there?

PS is it's presence plane model related?

No, should be a general function. 

It's usually LCtrl+Y (or Z depending on your keyboard layout) 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jackd said:

Nope, cannot find it, just got the latest update BTW ...

Nut what is it called officially in DCS, and where in what folder .. f.i. Systems, General ?

It's under GUI layer. And you can find the GUI layer in the list where you select the aircraft, or in this case GUI layer.

AHA Thanks, that's an eye opener LoL ... Now i try to find a general Autopilot or Autolevel mode for a loaded Spitfire mission, guess it's not there?

I keep ditching this spit in to the drink when i switch to map (F10) view.

Edited by jackd