[UH-01] - Immersive crew status mod

Just a small mod that hides the Crewstatus overlay and places a little card on the center pedestol with the crew status on it.

(Crew station)
(Rules of Engagement)
(Burst length)        (Ammo status)

--installation--

1) Make backup of your "dcs/mods/aircraft/uh-01"-folder

2) extract the zip into "dcs/mods/aircraft/uh-01/"-folder

3) DONE

--Mod version--22.01.2017--

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0WafwTWChLITXo1OTVSSXVYekk

--Update 27.03.2017--

NVG fix

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0WafwTWChLIWDNFV0FQZzBiNTQ

uh01_mod_pic.thumb.png.42c1554d9ed51282bfeb4e380d876268.png

Edited by Nero.ger
  • Like 2

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Very nice!

Thank you!

:thumbup:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Turned all my mods off in ovGME (installed this one right to the game as instructed) and I got a green light on the IC so yeah I'd say it passes. I'd like to figure out what the path would be from the _mods folder of ovGME to the mods folder in the game so I could turn it on and off..but in VR I doubt I would, at least I can see whats going on now.

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

If you are in VR this is a must have. Vive here. I got a few Rift VR guys that could test it out as well.

Now work on the clickable F menu's I know at one point they did work. If I can call up the radio's and click them instead of lifting my VR to see the keyboard that would be awesome.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

glad it worked in VR, because i have no way to test it. :)

The mod is depent on the original Crew window working. i made the original invisible but its still "there" because i have to grab the data from it.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Turned all my mods off in ovGME (installed this one right to the game as instructed) and I got a green light on the IC so yeah I'd say it passes.

Thank you for the answer Blackwolf. Thank you too Nero, I'm definitely adding this to my mod list.

BK. This deserves to be on the BSD ovGME repository, don't you think? Would be useful to all our VR pilots.

what?:huh:

if you want to include it in a package or something, go ahead :)

just link this thread in the package in case i need to update something

Yeah Bad, after using it with the mission we flew I can say its worth adding it to the must have mods for our VR pilots, or anyone who wants it.

@ Nero the repository is our squads ovGME list of mods we use. We can keep it up to date if a mod has been updated so everyone is current on the mods.

oh one thing Nero the card acts as its lit up when flying at night, bad for NVG,is there a way to turn it down so you could read it with NVG's on?

Edited by 20thBG_Blackwolf

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

• 1 month later...

--Update: 27.03.2017--

'fixed' the problem that it was unreadable with NVG on.

and by fixed i mean its a bodge-job. i hi-jacked the 'Chaff Mode Switch' to hide/show a dark overlay so its not overly bright with NVG.

the Plus is that you can decide if you want to be NVG friendly or you want to peek under your NVGs to read it :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0WafwTWChLIWDNFV0FQZzBiNTQ

uh01_nv_fix.png.194fa2e43d214e52cc016032092d8a5e.png

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I have rather recently started to use this mod and I like it a lot! Thanks Nero.ger!

But after updating to 1.5.8.12265 open beta from 1.5.7 I run into problems. My throttle got some strange behavior, reported here.

It turned out to be this mod causing it. I used it before without any issues, for instance a couple of days ago I played the UN campaign mission 6 'Patrols', where you are supposed to liftoff/land without governor. With this mod it worked flawlessly in 1.5.7. After the update the same mission can't be run as intended, since my throttle doesn't work. With this mod disabled it works in 1.5.8.

Symptom:

I can see the throttle in the cockpit move with my hotas throttle, but the engine does not respond. Its flyable due to the governor. If I disable the governor engine speed up to max with no possibility to decrees it. I have also tried with PageUP/DOWN and mouse with same result.

Hope you can find whatever causing it, I would really like to continue use this mod.

BR

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

i am pretty sure its because of the original device.lua and device_init.lua got some changes in them

try putting this at the end of the device_init.lua

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."POSTIT_MOD/POSTIT_MOD_device_init.lua")

and this at the end of the devices.lua

devices["POSTIT_MOD"]				= counter()

with the rest of the mod files obviously installed.

oh and make backups of both files so you spare yourself the time repairing again.

i dont have the uh01 in the openbeta right now, so this is more or less guesswork