F-14 May Development Update -- Campaigns & Content!

Cobra847

To me it looks like it's marketing. If you give early access to the guys who make regular videos, have regular followers then your product gets more exposure. More hype for the train. Nothing wrong with thst approach, and for me personally it's a nice "tide me over" to watch all of the videos made by these guys.

If I have to wait for a final month then the vids are a nice way to pass it!

Tell me Jar and company shouldn't get early access? Made a PLAT cam mod and has shown more than a few Hornet unit upstarts how to properly use the plane?

Tell me the "1 Min DCS" guy, Crash Laobi, who's video series has helped so many people quickly enjoy DCS products, doesn't deserve a whack at it, and maybe as a byproduct some 1 Min vids for this plane come out??

There's a reason why the people who received Hornet got it early. It wouldn't surprise me to see it happen again the same way, and I'm ok with that!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah! memories are awake ... that was my first contact with 'flight simulations'. The nice thing is that I have stored the original game as well as the NES with my parents in the attic.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

In the end I too held off on the Hornet. I almost did get it a week before its release, but life, expenses, etc, got in the way.

Now Im waiting for some more news on the F14. I will probably end up getting both at some point, but the Tomcat is the priority in my book.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

In the end I too held off on the Hornet. I almost did get it a week before its release, but life, expenses, etc, got in the way.

Now Im waiting for some more news on the F14. I will probably end up getting both at some point, but the Tomcat is the priority in my book.

same here. I almost bought it, especially after seeing all those carrier landing videos. Then I realized that once the Tomcat is out, it wouldn't get any flying time.

Now it's really time for HB to share some news about the Tomcat, the wait is becoming unbearable with all those Hornets buzzing around :D

Now it's really time for HB to share some news about the Tomcat, the wait is becoming unbearable with all those Hornets buzzing around :D

This. I’m desperate for news. Checking every day :) Anything will do just please let me have my fix

Checking the news every day, nothing new to report today ;)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

A question that i have in mind , when the Tomcat will be released the mirrors will be like in viggen? Meaning no mirrors,only grey ...i dont know how to call it...something grey anyway.

Considering they added realtime mirrors(didn't make it into yesterdays patch) for the Viggen i guess we can assume they add them also for the Tomcat. :)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Come on Heatblur , give us somehing at least one picture per month..is so hard to do it? If I remember right you promise us some videos at the end of may .

Actually they stated they were going dark for a few months as they finished up the Cat.