Regnad A10C DCSBios Cockpit WIP

Regnad517

OK, long time coming but can finally start to document some of this. Big thanks to Ian, Hans, and others that have helped me tremendously with some of the coding. You guys kept me going!! This community is indeed special and appreciated by me.

So, backstory. A friend of mine has gone through multiple setups and never was quite satisfied. The most recent was a 9 screen touchpanel setup fully run with helios. It was close but still wasn't right. Then we read here about DCS-Bios and it changed our world. Next thing we are purchasing a CNC Machine, bunch of arduinos, already had a 3d printer, etc... with the goal to build everything ourselves from scratch. My buddy is the engineer and I'm the computer nerd so we work well together.

We decided to split the cockpit into 3 sections basically, left, center, and right running a master Mega for each

So we are 90% done with the right panel. Some quick pics

IMG_2439.jpg IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

As you can see they are coming out beautifully. Right now they are just placed in there for pics. When I say from scratch, he even made his own PCB boards with the CNC machine. Front plates are white plastic painted black and then CNC engraved. Each individual section is run from a slave arduino such as ILS, Tacan, Caution Panel, etc...

Here are some individuals

IMG_2408.jpg IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg IMG_2346.jpg

I will be adding code for each panel we used as well as I build this thread. Might help someone else and will at least be a backup for me:doh:

I was told today actually that a few of the faceplates were actually purchased from pcflights.com so thought I would mention that.

Edited by Regnad517

That looks awesome, well done!

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• 1 month later...

Haha, so due to some bad lag and hit or miss responsiveness, we scrapped the master/slave setup and decided to mount a USB hub in each console and then assigned the com ports accordingly. Took 17 com ports but seems to be much better than our master/slave setup. Having some 4K resolution issues at the moment so we are going to alter setup and run Helios from a separate machine. Will have some new pics and updates in the next weeks.