Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Hello, I can not convert my pdf files, I have this error message:

---------------------------

Conversion Failed

Ghostscript could not be started with error:

System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.

à System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

à System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

à Ghostscript.NET.Viewer.GhostscriptViewerPdfFormatHandler.StdOutput(String message)

à Ghostscript.NET.Viewer.GhostscriptViewerStdIOHandler.StdOut(String output)

à Ghostscript.NET.GhostscriptStdIO.gs_std_out(IntPtr handle, IntPtr pointer, Int32 count)

à Ghostscript.NET.Interpreter.GhostscriptInterpreter.Run(String str)

à Ghostscript.NET.Viewer.GhostscriptViewerPdfFormatHandler.Open(String filePath)

à Ghostscript.NET.Viewer.GhostscriptViewer.Open()

à Ghostscript.NET.Rasterizer.GhostscriptRasterizer.Open(String path, GhostscriptVersionInfo versionInfo, Boolean dllFromMemory)

à KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.StartConversion(ObservableCollection`1 fileList)

I use the last version.

If you 'alt-tab' when it hangs does an error pop-up?

No

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Positions problems uh-1

Hello

I fly in Vr on Rift (2160x1200) and I really need it ...... This apps is fantastic !!!!

it looks very simple and yet i m tears hair ..... :(

I can not get the tablet I want and when I get there it is not

Thanks !!

jheC.jpg

jhel.jpg

jhet.jpg

Yep, I saw the same thing, in fact, two issue for me:

- The positioning system is random, we have to wait some restart for the new position be taken in account, and the general profil doesn't work for me, only aircraft customized profil works (and randomly).

- In VR, If you place the kneebord at the bottom, she's cutted (as you can see above)

Edited by guimcdo

Have you selected it using the Systray icon?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

No, I never used it that way before, I will give it a try, I normally load it up, make the changes and close it.

Edit: Thanks Snacko that worked, didn't realize I had to run it in the background now.

Edited by Rowan

Hello, i have a problem, when i launch the program i have this error message :

Use Ctrl + C to copy this error and e-mail it to s13solutions@gmail.com :

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Kneeboard_orig' est refusé.

à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

à System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)

à System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)

à KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.CreateDefaultGroups()

à KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.Initilization()

à KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel..ctor()

à KneeboardBuilder.Views.MainView..ctor()

OK

Hello, i have a problem, when i launch the program i have this error message :

Use Ctrl + C to copy this error and e-mail it to s13solutions@gmail.com :

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Kneeboard_orig' est refusé.

à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

à System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)

à System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)

à KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.CreateDefaultGroups()

à KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.Initilization()

à KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel..ctor()

à KneeboardBuilder.Views.MainView..ctor()

OK

Try running Kneeboard Builder as an administrator.

Hi,

Kneeboard is no longer displayed in VR with the Huey, except VR it works.

On my other airplanes it works very well in VR.

I deleted Kneeboard Builder, reinstalled an old version, negative result, made the update, negative result.

Yet it worked great before, problems started the other day when I did some positioning tests on the Huey.

Thank

Edited by Marc_63

i7 6700K OC @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus Z170-A, 32 Go Ram, MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, XSPC Water Cooling, W10 64

Oculus Rift CV1, Hotas Warthog, MFG Rudder.

I TRY TO IMPORT THE DCS CHUCKS GUIDE OF F18 AND I HAVE THIS ERROR,I HAVE THE OPEN BETA AND I RAN ADMINISTRATOR.

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WITH THIS APPLICATION. I RAN THE OPEN BETA AND I FLAG IT AND PUT THE FOLDER,ALSO THE SAVED GAMES FOLDER IS CORRECT.

THANKS.

642268381_Screenshot-11_06_201823_18_11.thumb.jpg.f39527ac0598f18c112ad86da33161c1.jpg

1186510290_Screenshot-11_06_201823_18_45.thumb.jpg.ab3da3339701a093fade9b9b843f3783.jpg

Edited by Lorenzo.D

I am trying to add the Dynamic Mission Briefing and Dynamic Persian Gulf Beacons to an F/A-18C custom kneeboard, but the pages are showing up blank/transparent in the mission with just the border visible. Any idea how to fix this? I am new to KBB and this is a new install on 2.5 OpenBeta.

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

Can I share my kneeboards with a few friends?

I haven't made any yet but wanted to know if/when I do, can I share the kneeboards with a few friends and could they install them without having the kneeboard builder? Or if they install the kneeboard build can I share the file I made and it's easier for them to install it? Just trying to make it easier to help a few guys out as between the 3 of us we are delegating different duties to learn the sim quicker. :thumbup:

Thanks,

Dave

I haven't made any yet but wanted to know if/when I do, can I share the kneeboards with a few friends and could they install them without having the kneeboard builder?

The utility is used to create, from a pdf file, the aircraft’s kneeboard folder with the proper .png pages, you can just zip this resulting folder (located on saved games/dcs/kneeboard) and send it to your friends ... they wont need the utility, since they would already have the results, they only need to unzip it on the proper location within their pc’s

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The utility is used to create, from a pdf file, the aircraft’s kneeboard folder with the proper .png pages, you can just zip this resulting folder (located on saved games/dcs/kneeboard) and send it to your friends ... they wont need the utility, since they would already have the results, they only need to unzip it on the proper location within their pc’s

Ok, great. Thanks for the info. Now I can get to work. :thumbup:

Dave

It is possible to remove the maps themselves but I have not found a way to remove the blank kneeboard pages that remain. If you don't mind having 4 or 5 blank pages in your kneeboard I can let you know how to do it.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but removing

\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\device\init.lua

leaves me with one blank page. (or in another mission a map with WP0?).

If your method is different, please could you let me know what it is? I was tinkering with the above file, but there was no way I could stop that one page from appearing.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Ctrl+C does not work.

I was getting a null error when trying to assign the kneeboard from the Systray and after months of this working just fine, I started getting the error. So, I updated and now get this error just trying to run it.. Running it as admin does not help..

GDPwAgx.png

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download