Is Panavia Tornado still on Razbams radar?

Jaktaz

Btw, I will give +1 rep for the first one who can figure out where this picture has been taken ;)

Hmm, luckily, I think I know it. :)

That pic is a German Tornado ECR on the anti-ISIS campaign, it was taken in Incirlik-Turkey.

• Like 2

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, luckily, I think I know it. :)

That pic is a German Tornado ECR on the anti-ISIS campaign, it was taken in Incirlik-Turkey.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if that is a ECR or IDS Tornado, but it is indeed participating in the anti-ISIS campaign and the picture was taken at Incirlik as you correctly pointed out. +1 Rep for you Sir :thumbup:

For anyone who wants to campare the map from the Tornado cockpit with google maps, here are the coordinates: 37.000456, 35.423597 ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess we will rather get a GR.1 than a GR.4 ;)

Personally I would prefer an ASSTA3 Tornado IDS :D

27994642315_682e282e66_o.jpg

Tornado IDS (ASSTA3) WSO-cockpit

JDMRQP

What is the censored part of that picture? :censored:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Polychop is interested in doing a Tornado IDS, which I believe is a GR.1 that might have been upgraded by the Germans in their own way, which would be awesome. Razbam would probably do a British GR.1-4, which would also be awesome. I just hope at least one of them really commit to it.

A Tornado ECR would be great, we really miss a high-performance SEAD aircraft in DCS. Sure, that would mean the need to also simulate the AGM-88 and the relative avionics.

The F-16 sim has some pretty in-depth and well-educated guesswork on that matter.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

what's wrong with VEAO ?

they're doing EF2000...

And I haven't got high hopes for that.

Their only piece of work we have, the Hawk, is the only metric of their ability.

The Hawk is by far the worst DCS module out in terms of quality and frequency of updates.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Their only piece of work we have, the Hawk, is the only metric of their ability.

The Hawk is by far the worst DCS module out in terms of quality and frequency of updates.

Just because the Hawk isn't the best module ever in DCS you think the rest of their modules will also be bad?

I don't know if VEAO made any aircraft for any game but if it's their first than perhaps they've learned a lot more to it.

So no need to be on the negative side for future modules.

Just because the Hawk isn't the best module ever in DCS you think the rest of their modules will also be bad?

I don't know if VEAO made any aircraft for any game but if it's their first than perhaps they've learned a lot more to it.

So no need to be on the negative side for future modules.

It's not that it's not the best module ever. It's just so horrible and it was sold as if it were a finished product. Which it still isn't, and then they moved on to other projects instead of fixing their mess.

I'd rather err on the side of caution than get excited for something they make until I start seeing quality I've come to expect from DCS modules.

I must clarify, my issue isn't that it's the best ever and I didn't say that. My issue is that there's no ambiguity about the worst module out at the moment in terms of cosmetic appearance and performance as a simulated aircraft.

Edited by OperatorJack

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know this is off topic but... I see both sides and to be honest Id rather not expect anything and be pleasantly surprised. It dose not affect me and theirs nothing but benefits to be had by just trying. The whole "They have one unfinished module" argument is a little..pretentious...Polychop have one aircraft, leatherneck, RAZBAM and Aviodev. They may not have made a smash entrance into DCS like Leathernecks Mig-21BIS but I am sure they are aware of the good and the bad. If there is one thing DCS could use more of is devs. This is an extremely passionate community and as such we have nothing but the highest expectations of developers to earn out hard earned $. We are a tough bunch to please :D. As for the Tornado (and basically any other wish list post)....yes...just...hell yes, any version!

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

I have to reluctantly agree with the operator here. Reluctantly, because I dont like to talk bad about people trying to work hard and do a job I couldnt do myself.

What concerns me about VEAO is that they have the worst rated module in the game and, at the same time, the biggest list of projects... In addition, they want to do the Typhoon... a very new plane which is mostly still a secret.

That says to me that they have a serious issue with understanding the scope of the job they embarked on, and some bad decision making.

• Like 1

That says to me that they have a serious issue with understanding the scope of the job they embarked on, and some bad decision making.

Exactly this, nothing against them as people, but as a studio they don't seem to always make the best decisions

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't forget the C-101

Please remember. They're holding back the P40 to not enter the same realm of dissatisfaction the hawk created among users. It's not easy developing something. I have high hopes for the P40 and for the future VEAO has in contributing content.

Understatement of the century.

Gods knows I've tried... :helpsmilie: