DCS World Dedicated Server

Using the Dedicated server with the -w SERVER option successfully but it does not seem to be reading the serversettings.lua file for the server description (or ANYTHING for that matter the first time you run the option). And yes, we have a seperate serversettings.lua in each of the folders for the -w options. There is a description in the file, but nothing is displayed in the MP server list, it comes up blank.

I have seen no way to put in the server description in the WebGUI. Yes I know that we can put it in the Mission description, but that is a separate thing. We need to be able to have a server description modifiable via the WebGUI or at least have it read from the serversettings.lua.

Along with that, the PLAYER name for the server as well should be available for modification.

Interesting point Shahdoh. Would indeed be great if it was exposed to the webgui.

Did anyone manage to run a dedicated server "unstarted", as in staying in the stopped state without starting and running a map? :helpsmilie:

For me, once it has run any map, it will come up (start) and load the last map it ran automatically. I haven't found a way yet to bring up a server so that it's available on the web-interface but doesn't start running a map on it's own.

Best regards

no

What he said... No, I've even tried running it as a service, no joy...

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

@USSR_Rik there is an ETA or roadmap to remove Graphics DX11 requirments from standalone server?

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Along with that, the PLAYER name for the server as well should be available for modification.

Try this:

Issue: Server's player name is just 'player' and can't be changed

Hint: Create folder Scripts in server home folder: Saved Games\%DCS_Dedicated_Server%\Scripts

and create in that folder file dedicatedServer.lua

with text:

net.set_name('your desired server player name')
local res = net.start_server(serverSettings)
if res ~= 0 then
   log.write('Dedicated Server', log.DEBUG, 'Failed to start server with code: ', res)
end

Cheers

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Viff,

Thanks, that worked until we started using the "-w" option to have separate configurations for multiple servers. Now that there is a serversettings.lua in their own folder, the dedicatedserver.lua in scripts is no longer working.

Do we need to create a scripts folder inside the new configuration folder? (-w Server1 -> ..Saved Games\%DCS_Dedicated_Server%\Server1\Scripts???)

In any light, this would all be MUCH easier if these server settings where made available in the WebGui and then stored in the one place that makes sense, the serversettings.lua.

I have a total of 16 missions running on the Cold War server. So if I choose a mission using the web tool, it says "now running". The thing is, after that mission is over and the next mission is on, it still says "now running" next to the previous mission. Checked it out the next days and of course refreshed the web page multiple times and it's still stuck at the start mission.

Anyone having the same issue?

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I have a total of 16 missions running on the Cold War server. So if I choose a mission using the web tool, it says "now running". The thing is, after that mission is over and the next mission is on, it still says "now running" next to the previous mission. Checked it out the next days and of course refreshed the web page multiple times and it's still stuck at the start mission.

Anyone having the same issue?

S!

Are you calling up the next mission to run using "load mission" on triggers? The "end mission" will not work. Also, check the server advanced settings so it is set to "resume on load" and not "resume on manual". But there definitely is a long way still before the server tools are perfect.

Are you calling up the next mission to run using "load mission" on triggers? The "end mission" will not work. Also, check the server advanced settings so it is set to "resume on load" and not "resume on manual". But there definitely is a long way still before the server tools are perfect.

I'm aware of all these things, buddy. It's just stuck at the start mission. The web tool doesn't "know" that the server has rotated and changed the mission.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I'm aware of all these things, buddy. It's just stuck at the start mission. The web tool doesn't "know" that the server has rotated and changed the mission.

Can it be a browser problem? Try different browser apps.

Disable Auto Login

How can I disable the auto login so that I can change the DCS account that the server is running under?

Edit: Nevermind, Of course after searching all over I find it just after I post the question.

For anyone else searching for this answer. it's in options.lua located at \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Config\

Edited by Rennes

Did anyone manage to configure tacview on this new dedicated server?

I can not for the life of me find out where tacview stores it's configuration files.

This is a month old and I have not seen any information on this, so: has anyone managed to remove the playback limitation settings for tacview on the dedicated server by now? Thanks!

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

This is a month old and I have not seen any information on this, so: has anyone managed to remove the playback limitation settings for tacview on the dedicated server by now? Thanks!

I would like to know if there is a fix for Tacview delay as well. I had seen a script when the server first came out but it never worked for me

+1

I would also like to know if there is a fix for Tacview delay on the new dedicated server ?

Thank You.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

+1

I would also like to know if there is a fix for Tacview delay on the new dedicated server ?

Thank You.

For me, I had to run DCS without server argument once to configure graphically TacView.

Then, the configuration is stored in option.lua in SavedGames\dcsworld.openbeta\config

Here an extract from my configuration with only TacView part visible :

options = {
["VR"] = {
},
["difficulty"] = {
},
["format"] = 1,
["graphics"] = {
},
["miscellaneous"] = {
},
["plugins"] = {
	["CaptoGlove"] = {
	},
	["Su-25T"] = {
	},
	["TF-51D"] = {
	},
	["Tacview"] = {
		["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
		["tacviewClientTelemetryPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 0,
		["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
		["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,
		["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
		["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
		["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
		["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
	},
},
["sound"] = {
},
["views"] = {
},
}

I don't notice any difference with tacview than before the dedicated server mode

Isn't "["tacviewPlaybackDelay"]" the option that you are searching ?

Regards,

"Les pilotes du Fail" server administrator

Probably, didn't have that information yet, though - will look into my server later today!

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

For me, I had to run DCS without server argument once to configure graphically TacView.

So, there is no UI that I am aware of to the open beta standalone server, nor is there any argument to set or withdraw to start it WITH aforementioned UI.

Still, the options.lua is in the expected ..\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Config\ folder - it is pretty empty by default, but it HAS the plugins entry - so what you can do is simply copypaste the Tacview options from your client. This is my whole options.lua for the standalone server now, TacView now runs without the 10 min delay w/o issue

options = {
["graphics"] = {
	["height"] = 600,
	["visibRange"] = "High",
	["width"] = 800,
},
["miscellaneous"] = {
	["autologin"] = true,
},
["plugins"] = {
	["Tacview"] = {
		["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
		["tacviewClientTelemetryPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 1,
		["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
		["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,
		["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
		["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
		["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
		["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
	},
},
}

I’m using the standalone dedicated server on my server machine. I see my server, with the name I specified in serversettings, on the ED page. But when clicking it and opening the web GUI it says Server not responding. Both the game port (tcp/udp) and web port (tcp) have been forwarded. Same result when opening the local web GUI with the desktop icon. What could be wrong? Grateful for any help!

EDIT: Okay, it seems to be dead for everyone. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242513

Edited by Bankler

Has anyone heard anything about a dedicated server build for the stable version of DCS World?

+1

and is there an option to start the server multiple times? The command -w isnt working.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Any chance to open WebUI (Server control) from local CLIENT?

(NOT Local Web control on server machine and NOT Remote Web control via Login to DCS site)

Waiting for the return of: -TLP- -True LAN Play- Multiplayer without permanent internet connection to ED master-server. Plane wishlist: Antonov - AN-2

Hey All

I'm at a loss here trying to get this new Open Beta Dedicated Server running. I have Open Beta installed and have no problem running the 3 servers. For the life of me I can't get a server up using the Open Beta Dedicated Server.

I've read once you install and run the updater it will copy whatever files from the Open Beta install. Is that correct? because for me it simply not doing that.

A couple of questions

Would it be better to remove the open beta completely prior to installing the Open Beta Dedicated Server.

2. With the Webgui no working for the past couple of weeks now what are you doing to to create/update the serverSettings and options lua.

Thanks

Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]