A-10C after 2.5.5. update.

Arink429

Thank you!! I may now diminish into the west. I thought I was taking crazy pills with everyone focusing on the audio, and here I was absolutely certain that this is not the same plane I was flying yesterday.

I can finally have an AOA around 10° without stalling immediately. This really should be a bigger deal, and I really want patch notes on what they did to it.

Has anyone found any documented evidence of this? Im reading of opinions confident it has changed and others saying no difference. Its a little hard to believe they would have intentionally altered the flight model without any mention of it, BUT we've seen lots of unintended changes so its believable.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Also getting random "pull up, pull up" warnings and GCAS brake X... and no I am not flying towards terrain when I get this :P just normal level flight around 2000'

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Don’t care for the new engine sound. I’ve heard vacuum cleaners with more balls.

Feels maybe like there’s even a little less thrust than their used to be. In 2.5.4, with our usual range load out (70% fuel, TACTS Pod, TGP, 2XTAGMs, 4 X BDU-50s), I could climb at 10 degrees to 8000’ and not have to lower the nose until I reached 8000’ at around 210kts. Now I have to lower the nose to five degrees passing through 6000’ to maintain 200kts.

It’s DCS where the only constant is change...

<shrug>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Anybody with messed up controls? I had lots of duplicates.Axis was inverted for vertical slew Weird thing is after i deleted the config folder still was inverted.I don't use target software btw.

Happens quite a bit with upgrades. The duplicate assignments I mean.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I've been flying A10 for a long time. Normal targeting by TGP. Then the MAV camera is guided to the chosen target (China Forwart Long). The camera is blocking but I do not want to react after pressing TMS Forward. There is no blinking "+". A dozen or so approaches at different heights and without results.

I’ve had this happen before the last Open Beta update. The fix for me was to go to select another weapon, then reselect the MAV, TMS forward, and then it fired.

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

I've just tried using AGM-65D, GBU-12 and CBU-105, using the same sequence of commands as I did for years, and all work fine.

As to the axis bindings duplicated after update, I got rid of that problem a while ago through a simple edit of the files "default.lua", "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua" and "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua".

I did this for all aircraft I use. (not for the sleepers).

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Snoopy..........Keep in mind a pilot will be wearing a helmet. How did you simulate that when recording it with a mic?

You do not. You can either wing it by applying a lowpass filter or measure the attenuation of the helmet with an artificial head microphone. You can then convolve the unattenuated audio with the transfer function you measured to get the attenuated audio.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Is it just me, or did they buff the GAU-8, or change the damage model? I haven't flown the A-10C much for a while, but yesterday I took it for a spin and ran down at a MBT and did 50% damage with 1 burst. Normally I would do something like 10%. Next two bursts were about 25% damage each. Was I just on target, or has something maybe improved?

Is it just me, or did they buff the GAU-8, or change the damage model? I haven't flown the A-10C much for a while, but yesterday I took it for a spin and ran down at a MBT and did 50% damage with 1 burst. Normally I would do something like 10%. Next two bursts were about 25% damage each. Was I just on target, or has something maybe improved?

Also totally anecdotal, but I did two staffing runs last night and was surprised how much damage was done. Seemed much more like what you see in youtube videos.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Also totally anecdotal, but I did two staffing runs last night and was surprised how much damage was done. Seemed much more like what you see in youtube videos.

That’s good to know. I’ve avoided strafing tanks in the past for that very reason!

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

I sure HOPE they fixed it, this has been a sore point for a long time. I have seen dozens of A-10 strafing runs and the impacts are much more concentrated than what we get in the sim, and they are devastating, even against tanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind