HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Anywhere to buy it in Europe yet ?

The UK.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On the two HP official stores I could buy from:

- the german one has sold out, unknown new delivery times (no shit! The price for the consumer version was 499€ in here smile.gif)

- the Italian indicates 3-4 weeks for the consumer version @599€ and 1-2 weeks for the Pro version @640€, but one cannot pre-order either

https://store.hp.com/ItalyStore/Merch/Search.aspx?q=reverb

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

The mailman just dropped the box at my home in the Netherlands. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I wanted folks to see that humongous cable (the Pro has a second cable for a backpack) that comes with the Reverb. The long cable maybe is half a meter longer than the Lenovo cable - plenty long. I think I could tow a car behind my F-350 with that thing. :P I suggest attaching it to the back of your seat somehow so that there is little weight pulling on the headset. I really like the leather face padding on the Pro. While there is no 90 degree flip-up like the Lenovo headset the earphones articulate out and the headband does rotate about 45 degrees. Once I got the hang of it the headset is easy to put on with glasses.

A couple of screenshots I took this morning just in SP below with the Reverb and my posted settings above. The second biggest thing I am noticing pushing the SS to SteamVR besides a performance and efficiency boost (CPU/GPU usage) is the lack of any shaking/stuttering/juddering (whatever the right term is for it). It's glass smooth which makes for a much more pleasant experience IMO. Please don't get rid of SteamVR. :music_whistling:

HP is making everyone sign for the delivery in the US.

Be careful. That could almost be construed as an unboxing post. Some people, actually not that many are against such posts. To pass the new Reverb Posting (Quality Commission Reform) Regulations 2019, you need at least two pages of factual bullet points.

Note: Any references to emotion, either expressed, implied or construed are to removed from such posts as these are unhelpful and wasteful.

The Quality Commission reserves the right to adjudicate as to whether any particular bullet point is valid, helpful or fit for purpose.

As for me, thanks for your post, it helps make a sometimes dry forum a little more vibrant.

5IeojAL.png

xZyV3VB.png

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

This should be published IMO. Nice work. The why this was working so well eluded me a bit. :thumbup:

So what if SteamVR goes away?

Just like with the native resolution, WMR is also fairly confusing when it comes to the forms of reprojection it uses. Here's my findings (I'll do a copy/paste rather than offsite link, as I think that is politer here and I've already type it :) ) :

"If a game can reach around 55 to 60 fps the WMR with the default.vrsettings set to ‘auto’ will use something called ‘motion temporal reprojection’, which is the Microsoft clone of ‘Async Space Warp’ (ASW) on the Oculus side. It looks ahead/behind frames with GPU geometry to work out an in-between frame that’s pretty convincing. This allows the trees to appear smooth at 90 Hz in the headset, but DCS needs to reach about 60 fps.

If a game only reaches about 45 fps or less then WMR falls back to ‘asynchronous rotional reprojection’, which is what the old ‘Async Time Warp’ (ATW) used to be on Oculus, i.e. ok for moving your head around, but bad at predicting things moving outside the cockpit. When you see the cockpit moving ok but the trees to the side ‘jumping’ in WMR then it’s using reprojection but falling back to what it can do.

I didn’t realize before why it falls back to the older algorithm like that, but does explain what people see.

It’s also why DCS will just stick at 45 fps even if motion reprojection is not set to ‘auto’ in that config file or everything is left as defaults - it’s because it defaults to the old ‘asynch rotational reprojection’ by default unless the ASW equivalent is enabled or the app is reaching 90 fps.

It will be interesting if the DCS VR optimizations allow more people to get to 60 fps with more settings maxed out. In my experiments with the WMR reprojection, the ‘motion temporal reprojection’ is very good, i.e. very smooth sideways trees.

REF: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/using-steamvr-with-windows-mixed-reality#enabling-motion-reprojection-for-steamvr-apps 2

Oh, plus should say. You can turn things on and off in the SteamVR settings stuff for the Valve ‘motion reprojection’ and all those things, then it’ll be completely ignored by the WMR headset. If you see any difference using those settings then it must be a placebo, as the reprojection steps only happen on the Microsoft driver side using its own rules/steps mentioned above I believe.

I think the resolution / super sampling percentage value is probably the only setting from SteamVR that is read, everything else is probably on the Windows WMR side of things.

It seems the best ‘tuning’ algorithm for WMR and using reprojection in DCS would be:

Go to the default.vsettings file and comment out (using //) the motion line, i.e. turn it OFF.

Test DCS with your settings. Adjust them so you get to 55 to 60 fps with the resolution / super sampling you want.

Go back to default.vrsettings and uncomment the line (remove the //) so it says “motionReprojectionMode” : “auto”, in there.

That way you’ll get smooth tree sideways and reprojection working properly. The things I didn’t realize before were:

WMR always has some form of motion reprojection on, it’s just the simpler ‘rotational’ type (where looking sideways causes judders for example) if it can’t make some headroom over 45 fps (it seems typically you need 55 to 60 fps to be safe).

The fancy ‘motion vector’ reprojection is very good, but needs to be turned on in that file. Once on then you’re only ever going to see either 45 or 90 in the fps read-out. Turning it off is useful to adjust detail settings.

WMR is like archaeology on how it works underneath. I half expect to find a stick of a certain length that’s going to refract the sun’s rays over a temple map through a jewel, so we can find out how to do nicer anti aliasing one day…;) "

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Well I am glad I held off buying a 2080Ti....NVidia just announced new unlocked 2080Ti SUPER. This will go well with my new Reverb :-)

9900K @ 5GHz, 16Gb DDR4 @ 4000Mhz C17, Samsung 970 Pro M2 x 2, GTX Titan X (Pascal), EVGA 1000w PSU, HP Reverb pro.

I wanted folks to see that humongous cable (the Pro has a second cable for a backpack) that comes with the Reverb. The long cable maybe is half a meter longer than the Lenovo cable - plenty long. I think I could tow a car behind my F-350 with that thing. I suggest attaching it to the back of your seat somehow so that there is little weight pulling on the headset. I really like the leather face padding on the Pro. While there is no 90 degree flip-up like the Lenovo headset the earphones articulate out and the headband does rotate about 45 degrees. Once I got the hang of it the headset is easy to put on with glasses.

A couple of screenshots I took this morning just in SP below with the Reverb and my posted settings above. The second biggest thing I am noticing pushing the SS to SteamVR besides a performance and efficiency boost (CPU/GPU usage) is the lack of any shaking/stuttering/juddering (whatever the right term is for it). It's glass smooth which makes for a much more pleasant experience IMO. Please don't get rid of SteamVR. :music_whistling:

HP is making everyone sign for the delivery in the US.

5IeojAL.png

xZyV3VB.png

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for posting the graphics settings for DCS. I feel much more comfortable now trying to get the Reverb with my 1080ti. I'll most likely use your settings, thanks!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Well I am glad I held off buying a 2080Ti....NVidia just announced new unlocked 2080Ti SUPER. This will go well with my new Reverb :-)
Yea this one will probably be about $1800 or more lol.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I hope not. I can remember when the top cards used to be about $400 in the 90's. The indication from NVIDIA is the same or very slightly higher price than the current ones across the RTX line since they are starting to discount them. I think June 21st is the release date for the Super's. Might be a good time to pick up a 2080 or 2080 Ti on a discount if one's card is below about a 1080 Ti and looking at a Reverb.

Yea this one will probably be about $1800 or more lol.

Edited by Secoda

I hope not. I can remember when the top cards used to be about $400 in the 90's. The indication from NVIDIA is the same or very slightly higher price than the current ones across the RTX line since they are starting to discount them. I think June 21st is the release date for the Super's. Might be a good time to pick up a 2080 or 2080 Ti on a discount if one's card is below about a 1080 Ti and looking at a Reverb.
Yea I am wondering how much the price will drop for the 2080Ti's. Probably $100 only. Unless the super turns out to be more than just an unlocked chip and ends up being more like the rtx version of the titan.

Your 2080 is similar to my 1080ti so I think I will be okay with the Reverb. But if the super is really worth it and they don't screw around and release another Ti model in the next coming months, I may go for that.

Although they are announcing the super on 6/21 and it will have a delayed release anyway so if anyone wants one they will have to continue waiting. Chances that I find a Reverb in the US by 6/21 is slim.

I'd wait for the super reviews anyway. I remember I had a 2080ti ordered already but before it shipped the reviews came out and I wasn't surprised much so I cancelled it.

Help needed. The reverb is in. The drivers setup the headset, but steamvr or DCS doesn't recognize the reverb. What am i doing wrong? Thanks

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Help needed. The reverb is in. The drivers setup the headset, but steamvr or DCS doesn't recognize the reverb. What am i doing wrong? Thanks

Have you downloaded and installed "WMR for Steam VR" from the Steam store? You need that for Steam VR to recognize your Reverb.

System: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z170 S Motherboard | Gigabyte RTX2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) @ 3200 MHz | Corsair RMi Series RM650i | DCS Installation Drive: 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | HP Reverb Pro

Sim Controls: VKB Gunfighter MkIII MCG Pro | LH VKB Kosmosima | Pro Flight Trainer Helicopter Collective | VPC Mongoos MT-50 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | 2 X Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | 2 X Elgato Stream Decks (15 Keys)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got it guys. Yes i come from oculus. Did i know! Thanks. I followed this vid and BAM! :D

So today's the day for the BLT preorders anyone actually hear anything?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just a theory but with ref back to here, could it just be the case that your 'motionReprojectionMode' is set to 'auto' and then it's doing enough work to get to vector reprojection and then idling a bit?

If you aren't at 90 Hz then it will try to make a timing for a frame in the next 11ms slot, so that means you could be comfortable doing 55 to 65 fps, making a frame and then shows you locked to 45 fps (with reprojection showing you 90 Hz refreshes).

If you turn off motionReprojectionMode (just comment it out etc) then does your framerate vary and the CPU/GPU work more but your frames vary as well?

PS For getting what is bound in VR in a bit more detail, fpsVR is quite good. Info on that here.

Thanks for the response FF. I'll get the fpsVR and see what else I can see.

I think you may be right - the card knows it won't make 90hz so it jumps down and idles while using the repro. Did a bit more testing in the same mission, I can get 70-90 FPS in that mission without repro on. I think repro in Auto will kick in if there is even the slightest whiff the frames will not stay above 60 hehe. I'll test a bit more tonight with MSI and possibly fpsVR on to see what is going on.

And for those who want WMR native, I'd agree with Seconda - things are pretty stable with SteamVR right now. I kinda don't want that to go away...

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

So today's the day for the BLT preorders anyone actually hear anything?

Not me but I did notice they pushed back the Cali warehouse to 7-15 .....So that blows :huh:

;

;

;

Edited by Hellcat

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Not me but I did notice they pushed back the Cali warehouse to 7-15 .....So that blows :huh:

;

;

;

The other warehouses now show 6/21... Original estimate was 6/12

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Unfortunately I would like to order from a retailer here in US where I can easily return if I need to.

Microsoft and Microcenter are right where I live but neither of them have any listings of the Reverb at all. I guess stores are not going to publicly sell the pro version until later.

The other warehouses now show 6/21... Original estimate was 6/12

I know I got an email awhile ago saying the 12th was still expected then the changed the site to 21 but I never got an email stating such....so who knows

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I know I got an email awhile ago saying the 12th was still expected then the changed the site to 21 but I never got an email stating such....so who knows

Same here. I don't think it matters if the warehouse is close to you, they said the items will be shipped in the order they received purchases as stock comes in. "Orders are filled in the sequence received regardless of warehouse location."

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Someone has problem with Reverb and... Windows update 1903:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/43948-reverb-new-offering-from-hp/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-783907 .

Did You notice it too?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Exactly my experience with Pimax 5K+. I could not figure what makes the image so 'flat' firstly despite the higher resolution and FOV. It is like you are not really in a cockpit but rather looking at a huge LCD screen with a 3D image on it.

Yes, exactly that!

the reverb and the pimax have less stereo coverage of the screens. the pimax because of extra fov and the reverb because the screens chosen are small.

its the overlapping image in stereoscopic that gives the 3d effect.

and in the reverb and pimax you get less of it than say the rift cv-1.

why it may feel flat and you cannot explain it.

Edited by Quadg

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.