DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

I got SR to work yesterday, but today, when I run the standalone client, no windows open up. Rather, I just get the windows "thinking" spinning circle forever, and I get 3 processes in the task manager SR-RadioClient.exe. Screenshot attached. None of these three can be force stopped, and I have to restart my computer to shut them down.

Z7gyzJ8.jpg

I can open up overlay, but no radios are working, given 0.0.0 freq and "no radio tag" because the client is obviously not running correctly to allow me to enter an IP.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times. No change. I have checked the export.lua file on each install. I have made sure appropriate files are in scripts folder under saved games. I can't figure this out. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

I'm having a similar issue with being able to open overlay and Sr but trying to connect to the server it'll load then go right back to connect button. Only tried on blue flag as I didn't have much time. So maybe bf hasn't updated to 1.1

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Hi Ciribob,

I have a slight issue with my X-52 buttons. Part of it likely because keyboard (hotkey) has been disabled for SR as input device, if I got it right.

ON SR Control page, if I try to assign any joystick button, that has also keyboard input mapped to it, SR won't set it. But if I delete the keyboard mapping from that joystick button in the Saitek mapping program, SR still won't accept it at next try, like that stick button would have been disabled for good by the SR program for ever having mapped a keyboard input to it. The actual problem is, now in order to use SR I can't "clean" any more my joystick buttons, that I ever pressed at SR Control page with keyboard inputs behind them.

Great stuff nontheless!!!

THX

Hi Ciribob,

I have a slight issue with my X-52 buttons. Part of it likely because keyboard (hotkey) has been disabled for SR as input device, if I got it right.

ON SR Control page, if I try to assign any joystick button, that has also keyboard input mapped to it, SR won't set it. But if I delete the keyboard mapping from that joystick button in the Saitek mapping program, SR still won't accept it at next try, like that stick button would have been disabled for good by the SR program for ever having mapped a keyboard input to it. The actual problem is, now in order to use SR I can't "clean" any more my joystick buttons, that I ever pressed at SR Control page with keyboard inputs behind them.

Great stuff nontheless!!!

THX

The x52 and x55 are very frustrating to work with :( . The x55 actually does the opposite in that you have to bind a keyboard key or it won't appear as a joystick input to the simpleradio....

As I said to someone else earlier, I'd just bind the ptt for now as then you only lose one button.

I'm still working on bring keyboard back but no matter what I do dcs seems to eat all the key presses and I can't see what's pressed, bit I'll keep at it.

I'd also try restarting SimpleRadio when you change a setting in the joystick program as it may pick it up then?

Sorry for the trouble, I'll keep working on it.

I got SR to work yesterday, but today, when I run the standalone client, no windows open up. Rather, I just get the windows "thinking" spinning circle forever, and I get 3 processes in the task manager SR-RadioClient.exe. Screenshot attached. None of these three can be force stopped, and I have to restart my computer to shut them down.

Z7gyzJ8.jpg

I can open up overlay, but no radios are working, given 0.0.0 freq and "no radio tag" because the client is obviously not running correctly to allow me to enter an IP.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times. No change. I have checked the export.lua file on each install. I have made sure appropriate files are in scripts folder under saved games. I can't figure this out. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

They're all using almost no ram so none of my code even ran I'm guessing.

What windows are you on and are you up to date with all the service packs?

I'm having a similar issue with being able to open overlay and Sr but trying to connect to the server it'll load then go right back to connect button. Only tried on blue flag as I didn't have much time. So maybe bf hasn't updated to 1.1

BlueFlag SimpleRadio IP has changed. Check the http://gadget-buddyspike.rhcloud.com page for Radio IP :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

The x52 and x55 are very frustrating to work with :( . The x55 actually does the opposite in that you have to bind a keyboard key or it won't appear as a joystick input to the simpleradio....

As I said to someone else earlier, I'd just bind the ptt for now as then you only lose one button.

I'd also try restarting SimpleRadio when you change a setting in the joystick program as it may pick it up then?

Sorry for the trouble, I'll keep working on it.

Thanks! Unfortunately I not only loose one button, but for SR already I lost every button that I tried once WITH keyboard mapping behind, no matter how many times I restarted SR as I tried, or if I removed keyboard mapping from the Joystick button after the first unsuccessfull try. That button will never ever be recognised again by SR. TeamSpeak recognise such button as for instance "Button 23 + Ctrl + A", or "Button 23" after removing keyboard mapping from that button afterwards, so it looks like SR "blacklists" forever every button that was ever pressed w/ keyboard mapping behind it. Not complaining, just asking. ;)

Thanks! Unfortunately I not only loose one button, but for SR already I lost every button that I tried once WITH keyboard mapping behind, no matter how many times I restarted SR as I tried, or if I removed keyboard mapping from the Joystick button after the first unsuccessfull try. That button will never ever be recognised again by SR. TeamSpeak recognise such button as for instance "Button 23 + Ctrl + A", or "Button 23" after removing keyboard mapping from that button afterwards, so it looks like SR "blacklists" forever every button that was ever pressed w/ keyboard mapping behind it. Not complaining, just asking. ;)

Wow... Thats very odd!!!

The code literally just checks if buttons are pressed or not, no automated blacklisting. Did you try restarting your PC to clear it?

Might also be worth pressing Clear on all the bindings (even if they're not assigned) to double check there is nothing left over.

Got some good news with the Keyboard though.... I just put back in my original code, and ran the SR-Client.exe as ADMINISTRATOR and then it all worked... Really wish I'd tried that before :(

I'll double check this afternoon and post a release here for testing before doing a proper release to see if it works for all the X-52 and X-55 users.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Thanks cri didn't see that. Much appreciated.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

@razor.

To avoid problems with the SST and the X52 (pro in my case) I've made a "clean profile" deleting all modes in the SST.

This profile allows me to use all the buttons as "directX" buttons.

Thanks, but how can I make SR "forget" which buttons did I ever pressed with some keyboard command mapped? Try it: map a Joy button with any keypress in SST, and then try to assign this joy button in SR Control page. Probably you won't be able. Then delete key mapping from the Joystick button, and try assign the same button now without mapped key command again. Please feedback if you could, to know if it's only my system behaving oddly.

And how can I erase the "blacklist"?

I understand what you're seeing but there isnt a blacklist in SimpleRadio, promise :)

That'll be caused by some odd interaction between the X-52 Software and the PCs DirectX.

SimpleRadio just stores assigned keybinds here in the registry as well as some other settings:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone

You can delete all the entries in that folder if you like but no where is a blacklist created. Pressing clear will clear the registry entry for that key as well as you'll see the key go from something to blank.

I'll do a build shortly and post here for X52/X55 people to try that enables keyboard input again. Just make sure you right click and run as administrator!

Okay, i've installed it to try it out on Blueflag but nothing works. Do i need to open something before launching the game? The Overlay doesn't show up. What i'm doing is opening the client and connecting to the Radio server, opening the overlay and then connecting to the server. I'm testing on the SU-27 aircraft but all leds are orange, i don't get frequencies on the overlay. Nothing.

Sure, I'm just joking, no worries... :thumbup:

Ah Gotcha! :thumbup:

Try this version it has Keyboard support and forces itself to run as admin so it can hear the DCS key-presses. It does actually check for a certain device outputting a keyboard command so not sure if it'll help.

In theory you can plug in a second keyboard and the key presses in SimpleRadio would actually only work from that if thats what you used to assign it!

SR-ClientRadio- Keyboard Support.zip

Okay, i've installed it to try it out on Blueflag but nothing works. Do i need to open something before launching the game? The Overlay doesn't show up. What i'm doing is opening the client and connecting to the Radio server, opening the overlay and then connecting to the server. I'm testing on the SU-27 aircraft but all leds are orange, i don't get frequencies on the overlay. Nothing.

I'd first check your local installation is correct by Running the server on your local PC (just run don't worry about ports)

Use your client to connect to the local sever by using 127.0.0.1 as the IP

Load up a single player mission and jump in whatever aircraft you like. A non fc3 is a better test though.

Press bound ptt and you should see the overlay radio frequency go white for your selected radio. Selected one has a green dot. You should also see correct radio frequencies. If not it points to the export.lua being the issue.

Your export.lua in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts should have the line:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

and nothing else in it unless you're using Helios or Butt Kicker or TacView.

PM me if that doesnt work.

Have you also checked out the install / overview video to see where everything goes?

Also check here for the BlueFlag Radio IP http://gadget-buddyspike.rhcloud.com/

Its currently 89.163.173.82 which is different to what it was before.

Ah Gotcha! :thumbup:

Try this version it has Keyboard support and forces itself to run as admin so it can hear the DCS key-presses.

Yeeeessss!!! This one did it! Thanks a million, for the X-52 users ! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just out of curiosity...Is there a Linux version of the server?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.