UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

Hi folks,

Edit: Public beta here https://ultramfcd.com/

I've been developing a new mod for DCS which exports the A10's MFCDs without any configuration hassle at all. They also become clickable, sizeable and draggable. Have a look at the beta preview on YouTube:

Would anybody be up for helping out with a public beta in the near future?

Regards,

Baker

Edited by Sgt_Baker
  • Like 2

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks cool,

Im not sure I would use it for the A10-C as I already have Cougar mfd's on my screen.

Any chance of a KA-50 version as well?

That would be great.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Baker, that's a great and unusual mod. For long time I've not seen a mod like this.

Thank you and thanks your mind.

Keep good work.

Best wishes...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

wow - touchscreen abris will be awesome

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

@Sceptre: You make a good point. It's worth mentioning that the mod works both in fullscreen mode (MFCDs are constrained by whatever screen-space the game is running on) and windowed mode (you can drag them anywhere on your desktop space, and on to any screen you might have connected).

It's also worth mentioning that this isn't a "basic sceencap of exported displays", as is the case with certain other mods of this nature. You'll not have the annoyance of "phantom" MFCDs lurking somewhere just to tick you off.

B

The project's present state is this:

Everything you see in the YouTube video works reliably (i.e. it wasn't clever video editing). There are also various other features, such as positioning hotkeys, which aren't demonstrated. However, being a software developer who is often hired to make really slow stuff run really fast, I've been applying that particular brand of OCD to the mod since the video was recorded.

It now utilises about 25% of the resources (RAM, CPU etc) it did this time last week.

B

Nice! :thumbup:

Any chance you can include some of the other displays, e.g. RWR, CDU, CMSP ?

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Brilliant, looking forward to it.

Oh, btw, will there be an option to disable the touch control? It might get in the way a bit, if using Helios around the displays..?

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

There's always someone wanting more, isn't there (or less) :P

Additionally: There will be real-time exports to external touch-capable devices (iPad etc). The reason it's not in this release is entirely on account of that functionality not meeting our expectations where image quality and latency are concerned.

For us, a 200ms delay is unacceptable.

Looks good could be a replacement for Icemans EMC. thanks SGT.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

What a great mod! Anything to make exports easier is a bonus for all of us noobs.

I would be happy to partake in testing this.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

i7-8700K @ 5GHz || 32GB || GTX2080FTW || Win10 || HP Reverb || TMWH || Saitek Combat Pedals

JTF 501st

Hi Folks,

I was having a read about the LITENING Pod over here. Of particular note was the following paragraph:

"Rafael reports considerable demand for upgrades to previous generations of its best-selling targeting pod.

"The system is modular so we can upgrade it relatively easily with sensors and electronics," a source says.

One of the upgrades comes in the shape of a colour CCD sensor on the Litening. Ash says as more air forces upgrade fighter cockpit screens to digital colour, the need for a colour CCD sensor is obvious. "We will offer the new sensor at the end of 2014," Ash adds."

So without further ado, I'd like to introduce:

iDaoa8P.jpg

Which still retains its B&W IR mode:

9jHMAkP.jpg

...with both MFCDs running on my second desktop with DCS in windowed mode.

Regards,

Baker

so after updating i lost all of my exports once again.

I use 5 screens with helios ,3 of them being touch screens with 3 - 40 inch screens for the view and when an update breaks everything - I'm ready to break things and drink heavily!!!!!

This mod looks amazing with tons of potential.

I'm sitting here now festering and would love to test this out.

Yeah... that was one of my primary motivations for not stopping at "oooh look! Draggable displays!" and going down the full-fat zero configuration path. Being somebody who works with computers a lot, the last thing I want is to delve about deep in some lua files on the rare occasions I use the things for recreation (and everything has invariably updated over the top of this or that shiny setup).

Looks really cool mod for sure.

Does this mod only run in windowed state?

What kind of frame rates do you get with this setup?

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series