microhelis.de simulation controllers review and discussion

Great to hear from ya Yogi. Glad I waited.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news Bad! What do you think of them so far?

I have to figure out the mounting of the cyclic base. I assume you have to give those roll axis springs some compression but I am not sure how much. I couldn't find a drill template on yogi's website.

It also means the have t rebuild my current pit which is gonna take me offline BSD for some time this summer.

sorry bad.

I have to figure out the mounting of the cyclic base. I assume you have to give those roll axis springs some compression but I am not sure how much. I couldn't find a drill template on yogi's website.

here is the drill template, next days I add an template in the shop too. (edit: done :music_whistling:)

Cyclic-mount1.pdf

Cyclic-mount1.thumb.PNG.3e82573ee842d2d7044351ff90c8726d.PNG

If someone will use the printed PDF to lay it directly to the floor, please print it without any resizing on a DIN A4 sheet of paper.

The springs ....

Before I changed to my FTR prototype I used the springs with a middle compression. They will not center absolutely even with the max compression. Around the center position the forces cancel each approximately. As we learned in the FTR thread there are no centering forces in a hydraulic system without trim-function, so the springs should be removed.:music_whistling:

Edited by yogi149

regards / gruesse yogi

Hi,

does it help?

Yogi, could you add anchoring points for the dampers to the diagram, or a footprint of the mount so we can determine if there is adequate space under sim floor.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

What is maximum length and width?

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi Bad,

for my EC-120 simpit I used an additional plate from 6mm aluminum.

Cyclic-mount-ec-120.thumb.PNG.03a4bb4d3cc4a377692a6e935829359e.PNG

For this I could make a round hole in my floor an use 6 M5 screws for the 2 clamps.

I can send you an UH specific clamp

Cyclic-floor-clamp.thumb.PNG.6b9c0d09314decf83e05ae9ab6339ce2.PNG

regards / gruesse yogi

Bad, normal installation is to fix the ends of the dampers so they are at mid travel with the stick centered.

Got that. But can you give me a ballpark figure on the dimensions so I can determine if will fit in in the floor of my sim. 3/4 inch deck.

JUST CHOPPERS

BTW. Great to see Yogi back in the game.

JUST CHOPPERS

Got that. But can you give me a ballpark figure on the dimensions so I can determine if will fit in in the floor of my sim. 3/4 inch deck.

I mounted mine closer to the stick base to intentionally decrease travel so my stick wouldn't hit my main console or my other... delicate components. =P

This simply due to the physical space available in my replica pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Hi,

perhaps this pictures help a little more.

[ATTACH]164857[/ATTACH]

these measurements are for mounting under the floor.

the black dimension are in "mm" the red in "inch".

All dimensions are taken from the theoretical center of the cyclic.

I try to add a floor clamp for mounting in a single hole. The damper socket will be fastened direct to the bottom part of the clamp.

I have to make it the same way for my FTR system, because I need a specified position for it.:music_whistling:

BTW: are the "inch" measurements readable in this form or should they be in decimal too?:helpsmilie:

351850114_Cyclic-mount-underfloor.thumb.PNG.51812b8110be2ffee0a7c152832b5599.PNG

regards / gruesse yogi

Hi,

perhaps this pictures help a little more.

[ATTACH]164857[/ATTACH]

these measurements are for mounting under the floor.

the black dimension are in "mm" the red in "inch".

All dimensions are taken from the theoretical center of the cyclic.

I try to add a floor clamp for mounting in a single hole. The damper socket will be fastened direct to the bottom part of the clamp.

I have to make it the same way for my FTR system, because I need a specified position for it.:music_whistling:

BTW: are the "inch" measurements readable in this form or should they be in decimal too?:helpsmilie:

PERFECT!

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi

here is the reason, why it makes differences for the mounting:

1468397981_Cyclic-mount-underfloor-2.thumb.PNG.34c17f7b49d069c71c15665af6d2c267.PNG

left side is similar the version I use for my pit.

The socket for pitch-axis is mount on the upper edge of the floor.

The sockets for the damper are mount under the floor.

The circle describes the point for the damper traveled half way.

In my pit they were not connected with the clamp, this would be a possible mount kit for the UH version.

767253265_Cyclic-mount-underfloor-3.thumb.PNG.14668a08b2e0304239682241d2dc2a27.PNG

with these clamps you only need a single, but big, hole in the floor. All fasteners uses the clamps.

On the other way I can make a template or even an aluminum plate for screw the whole unit under the floor.

regards / gruesse yogi

Hi,

here is the design for a "special" mount.:music_whistling:

[ATTACH]165056[/ATTACH]

:pilotfly:

That will work out fine. Thank you.

JUST CHOPPERS