A sneak peak of .. Leavu3

Here is something we in RvE have been working on the last month or so to improve the dcs FC home cockpit/avionics experience - mainly targeting the FC F-15 - partially compatible with other aircraft. Our first tool to release is Leavu3 - Perhaps some of you remember Leavu1 and 2 from about 5-6 years ago. Leavu is a generic external glass cockpit avionics tool for DCS with a pre-loaded MFD instrument.

kENM6rl.png

CEOjC3N.png

itHJ1om.png

uhIIeLS.png

hwrmWAo.png

(You will see more info once the game is running)

You can use secondary monitors, laptops, extra computers, or whatever you prefer to render the Leavu graphics, on mac, linux or windows:

HmKruEN.png

Leavu runs on ownship export.lua data - however the ownship export isn't perfect and leaks some information that shouldn't be available. In those situations Leavu tries its best to filter that out - but if you find something strange please do report a bug on the github issue tracker.

Below are two sneak peak videos of what we may at some point release in a more easy-to-use package.

Flame made a demo and instruction video - thanks flame:

For anyone that wants to help out beta test and suggest improvements for future versions, you're very welcome to fly with us in the RvE teamspeak - or just jump on to get help with setting up the leavu beta.

Virtually all of RvE know how to set it up, so if you like some help, again, just hop on our TS. See http://www.reservoirs-elite.com/ for details.

Configuration options with their default values can be seen here:

https://github.com/GiGurra/leavu3/blob/master/leavu3-cfg.json

https://github.com/GiGurra/dcs-remote2/blob/master/static-data.json

Keyboard input is automatically forwarded to all secondary computers from the game pc (for example I use a warthog with keybinding mapped for next/previous mfd page)

-----------------------

Download links can be found @ http://build.culvertsoft.se/dcs/

Very limited (and a bit outdated) documentation/instructions can be found Here and here - But you most likely will need to ask someone how to install and use it.

Leavu3 is available for developers to look at over @ https://github.com/GiGurra/leavu3

Leavu3 uses Dcs-remote 2 which is also available @ https://github.com/GiGurra/dcs-remote2

Both are available with the MIT license

----------------------

Report bugs ONLY @ the github issue tracker

- Bug reports in this forum thread will most likely go unnoticed.

-----------------------

I have some ideas to further increase the capability of leavu with awacs, ewr & gci integration - however that will require MP server-side code running (global exports) that exports and filters appropriate information. Such a project will be launched at some point in the future when we have our DCS server up and running.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 3

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently run both Leauv2 and CPT Z's F15 Helios profile with CPT Z's custom export file that contains some additional code at the end to accommodate Leavu2's code. Will I also be able to run both Helios and Leavu3 with one export file?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I currently run both Leauv2 and CPT Z's F15 Helios profile with CPT Z's custom export file that contains some additional code at the end to accommodate Leavu2's code. Will I also be able to run both Helios and Leavu3 with one export file?

Yup. Copy the dofile-line from leavu3's export.lua into your combined export.lua (and remove the leavu2 stuff).

Leavu3 should be better than leavu2 in all ways except rwr sound effect enhancements which arent in leavu3... yet..

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

OK Yoda, I p***ed my pants three times this morning with what this does. It's game changing and I will name my next dog Yoda after how goddamn awesome you are.

I see we use a common server for the datalink, will that software get released ever? I'd love to see Mirage support, but right now, if you never changed it again its the best thing released for DCS that I can remember.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hi Guys i wonder if you can help, i have got this awesome mod working but i cant seem to get this to appear over dcs (single monitor) i have to alt-tab.

does anyone know what i am doing wrong.

ps, thank you for this game changing mod, its EPIC

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Been trying to run it on a remote machine, but it keeps timing out on me.

Apr 07, 2016 2:18:52 PM se.gigurra.leavu3.DesktopMain$$anonfun$1 apply$mcV$sp

INFO: Starting leavu version: 254-0a6eb0572acf5457554f95855b52a3a37e7639ec

Apr 07, 2016 2:18:55 PM se.gigurra.leavu3.datamodel.Configuration$ readFromFile

INFO: Loading configuration file: leavu3-cfg.json

Apr 07, 2016 2:18:56 PM se.gigurra.leavu3.DesktopMain$ se$gigurra$leavu3$DesktopMain$$loadConfig

INFO: Config:

{"dcsRemoteAddress":"82.246.228.179","x":200,"keyBindings":{"OSB_3":"CONTROL SHIFT 3","OSB_19":"CONTROL ALT 9","OSB_12":"CONTROL ALT 2","OSB_11":"CONTROL ALT 1","OSB_16":"CONTROL ALT 6","OSB_7":"CONTROL SHIFT 7","PREV_QP":"CONTROL SHIFT LEFT","PLACE_ON_TOP":"CONTROL SHIFT HOME","OSB_6":"CONTROL SHIFT 6","OSB_15":"CONTROL ALT 5","OSB_1":"CONTROL SHIFT 1","OSB_5":"CONTROL SHIFT 5","OSB_0":"CONTROL SHIFT 0","OSB_14":"CONTROL ALT 4","OSB_10":"CONTROL ALT 0","OSB_18":"CONTROL ALT 8","OSB_2":"CONTROL SHIFT 2","OSB_13":"CONTROL ALT 3","PLACE_BELOW":"CONTROL SHIFT END","OSB_4":"CONTROL SHIFT 4","OSB_9":"CONTROL SHIFT 9","OSB_8":"CONTROL SHIFT 8","OSB_17":"CONTROL ALT 7","NEXT_QP":"CONTROL SHIFT RIGHT"},"dclt":false,"alwaysOnTop":false,"forceExit":false,"osbs":true,"symbolScale":1.25,"qps":["HSD","RWR","SMS","FCR","INF"],"y":200,"rwrSeparateSrTr":false,"noFocusOnClick":false,"dcsRemotePort":12340,"relayDlink":true,"hsd-heading":true,"height":1024,"hsd-modes":true,"borderless":false,"initialQp":0,"keyInputEnabled":true,"units":"imperial","vSyncEnabled":true,"keyBindingOffset":0,"gameDataFps":40,"title":"Leavu 3","aaSamples":4,"use3dBscope":true,"width":1024,"instrument":"se.gigurra.leavu3.mfd.Mfd","hsd-hsi":true,"slave-mode":false}

Apr 07, 2016 2:18:57 PM com.twitter.finagle.Init$$anonfun$1 apply$mcV$sp

INFO: Finagle version 6.31.0 (rev=50d3bb0eea5ad3ed332111d707184c80fed6a506) built at 20151203-164135

Apr 07, 2016 2:20:39 PM se.gigurra.leavu3.DesktopMain$ main

ERROR: Leavu 3 failed

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to communicate with dcs remote!

at se.gigurra.leavu3.interfaces.DcsRemote.initialDownloadConfig(DcsRemote.scala:96)

at se.gigurra.leavu3.interfaces.DcsRemote.<init>(DcsRemote.scala:24)

at se.gigurra.leavu3.interfaces.DcsRemote$.apply(DcsRemote.scala:18)

at se.gigurra.leavu3.interfaces.DcsRemote$.init(DcsRemote.scala:141)

at se.gigurra.leavu3.DesktopMain$$anonfun$1.apply$mcV$sp(DesktopMain.scala:27)

at se.gigurra.leavu3.DesktopMain$$anonfun$1.apply(DesktopMain.scala:18)

at se.gigurra.leavu3.DesktopMain$$anonfun$1.apply(DesktopMain.scala:18)

at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:192)

at se.gigurra.leavu3.DesktopMain$.main(DesktopMain.scala:18)

at se.gigurra.leavu3.DesktopMain.main(DesktopMain.scala)

Caused by: com.twitter.finagle.ChannelWriteException: org.jboss.netty.channel.ConnectTimeoutException: connection timed out: /82.246.228.179:12340

at com.twitter.finagle.NoStacktrace(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.jboss.netty.channel.ConnectTimeoutException: connection timed out: /82.246.228.179:12340

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.processConnectTimeout(NioClientBoss.java:139)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.process(NioClientBoss.java:83)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:337)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.run(NioClientBoss.java:42)

at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108)

at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Edited by TheSkipjack95

Been trying to run it on a remote machine, but it keeps timing out on me.

Did you specify the ip address of your game pc and have confirmed dcs remote running on your game pc? :)

OK Yoda, I p***ed my pants three times this morning with what this does. It's game changing and I will name my next dog Yoda after how goddamn awesome you are.

I see we use a common server for the datalink, will that software get released ever? I'd love to see Mirage support, but right now, if you never changed it again its the best thing released for DCS that I can remember.

It actually already is :pilotfly: . Dcs Remote without DCS IS the datalink server running on my cloud rented linux machine :)

Just put dcs remote on one additional machine (linux, mac or windows), configure it to not look for a dcs game instance (check dcs-remote-cfg.json) and change the static-data.json for your squad to that address.

• Like 1

Really awesome kit indeed Yoda!

I do wonder what string to put in the config file to bind an OSB to a joystick or USB controller. I'd like to have the inputs bound to my cougar MFDs. Is that doable? Would you happen to know what the string should look like and where the proper information for it could be found?

It works great. I have it on my main machine and another machine I use to remote use HELIOS. My resolution is 1920 by 1080. I have my TM MFDs attached to my lower touchscreen and the size for LEAVU3 is 411x411. At this resolution the fonts are very difficult to read. I know I can increase the size but I really like the sharp thinner smaller fonts. Awesome job!!!!!!! So thankful.

Really awesome kit indeed Yoda!

I do wonder what string to put in the config file to bind an OSB to a joystick or USB controller. I'd like to have the inputs bound to my cougar MFDs. Is that doable? Would you happen to know what the string should look like and where the proper information for it could be found?

Right now only very basic keyboard input is supported - so you need to make your cougar mfds output keyboard commands. Perhaps there is some software that can do this?

Integrating directx devices is outside the scope of leavu.

Hi Guys i wonder if you can help, i have got this awesome mod working but i cant seem to get this to appear over dcs (single monitor) i have to alt-tab.

does anyone know what i am doing wrong.

ps, thank you for this game changing mod, its EPIC

can anyone help me :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Will support be added to export this to Apple devices?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!