FAQ Updates and Discussion

NineLine

I have heard there will be hangar space in the Nimitz eventually, so logically there must also be working elevators too.

0:25 sec. Old video.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0:25 sec. Old video.

Whoa. I never saw this vid before. I see the animations for the elevators are there, but this vid is kinda old. Need some official word from the ED Team for confirmation. Thanks for the vid link BTW.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Thanks for the pilot body! A personal wish : is it possible to have an option without the left hand ? Because it prevents clicking the buttons on the left panel (bms has a legs only pilot option) (OT would like to see this option also for the Mirage, which has a very functional on hand radar control panel under throttle). The ideal solution would be of course , if the left hand could act as a mouse cursor when the mouse is over the panel , mimicking the real life physical movement. But i don't know if it's technically possible to do this animation.

Thanks for the pilot body! A personal wish ...

I think the difficulty in that lies in the different dimensions of all cockpits, meaning you'd have to model it for each aircraft individually.

I'd much rather see some sort of 'flashlight x-ray' where your cursor just makes the pilot body transparent wherever you're pointing.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

I'd much rather see some sort of 'flashlight x-ray' where your cursor just makes the pilot body transparent wherever you're pointing.

+1 :thumbup:

That would help a lot, especially in VR.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Will the water on the canopy produce the optical illusion related to refraction?

-Rain on the windscreen can create an illusion of being at a higher altitude due to the horizon appearing lower than it is

-This can result in flying a lower approach than is desired

===

Don't move this question to the Reality/Chit-Chat forum: it will hurt my feelings again.

Why does this question belong in the F/A-18C thread? Because it's the only place where water-on-the-canopy feature is currently discussed.

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the FM, is there noticeable inertia / drift when turning / rolling the aircraft or the plane fly's more '' on rails''?

On this video, it seems that the plane / flight path marker drifts to the (right) side while rolling out (3:09 - 3:12)

Edited by jaguara5

Hey I got a question.

Do you see how when he turns his head right to check his six, the view snaps to the side of the seat, simulating how you would really turn around to look.

Is this a new feature ? I really like it ! Instead of just rotating the view around an axis as it is now

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Hey I got a question.

Do you see how when he turns his head right to check his six, the view snaps to the side of the seat, simulating how you would really turn around to look.

Is this a new feature ? I really like it ! Instead of just rotating the view around an axis as it is now

Peter P's neck mod has had this modeled since 2012 :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116&highlight=peter+neck

Super simple mod, one of the last pages has the updated files including the Harrier, etc.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hmm, my DCS does that without any mods.

Not in VR of course, there you have to really move to check your six.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I know that Once the F/A-18C releases it releases to open beta and once it is ok with no major problems how long does it take to get to the stable version on 2.5

Anyone remember how long it was before the Harrier moved to stable from open beta? I can't remember any major bugs that had to be squashed before it was introduced to stable so that might give the timetable from bug-free to stable, I think it was (an actual) two weeks funnily enough.

I don't suggest making any plans. I think ED were optimistic that DCS 2.5 was free of major bugs when it came to open beta and it wound up being three months. If it takes longer than you're prepared to wait and you don't want a second DCS install, you can always look up the guide for converting a stable install to open beta.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Anyone remember how long it was before the Harrier moved to stable from open beta? I can't remember any major bugs that had to be squashed before it was introduced to stable so that might give the timetable from bug-free to stable, I think it was (an actual) two weeks funnily enough.

I think it was the week after wasn't it? Maybe 2. It was quick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like we'll get the Hornet in the next 2 weeks - given that the Persian Gulf map will arrive after the Hornet, and both are appearing before the end of the month according to this video just released by Wags.

Great news indeed!

Looks like we'll get the Hornet in the next 2 weeks - given that the Persian Gulf map will arrive after the Hornet, and both are appearing before the end of the month according to this video just released by Wags.

Great news indeed!

This makes sense, too. Get the Press Releases out a couple weeks before the main release to consumers. SO PUMPED!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197186

2018-03-08

Q: Will interactive training missions be included?

A: Yes, the following free lessons are planned for the Early Access:

1- Introduction and Basic Controls

2- Cold Start

3- Airfield Taxi and Takeoff

4- TACAN Navigation

5- Waypoint Navigation

6- VFR Airfield Landing

7- IFR Airfield Landing

8- Air-to-Air Radar Overview

9- Aerial Refueling

10- Carrier Takeoff

11- Case I and II Carrier Landing

12- Air-to-Air Gun

13- AIM-9

14- AIM-7

15- AG Gun and Rockets

16- Unguided Bombs

17- Defensive Systems

Training mission in Caucasus map or Persian Gulf map? Thank You!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815