DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Sorry if that has be clarified somewhere in this thread, but is Simple Radio a TS plugin or some kind of VOIP, which does not require TS to run?

Some parts of the Ciribobs post made me think that this is a kind of VOIP, which does not require TS to be connected to a certain server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Sorry if that has be clarified somewhere in this thread, but is Simple Radio a TS plugin or some kind of VOIP, which does not require TS to run?

Some parts of the Ciribobs post made me think that this is a kind of VOIP, which does not require TS to be connected to a certain server.

This is a standalone version, no TS required.

Sorry still away so I'll be brief!

It's a case of the more the better really, but as a minimum three would likely work in most cases. ATC would want to transmit on their UHF and VHF channel simultaneously, AWACS could be broadcasting on one channel (talking to one package/flight) up to 10 if they were broadcasting to everyone in the sky.

Yeah, Looney do you have any thoughts on how many radios you'd need to tx on at a time?

Great - 3 is probably doable without to much of an issue. Won't be for a while but I'll have a look when I'm back. Thanks!

Hi,

I just tried to run a server on a spare laptop I'm using but I'm unable to connect to it...

I've opened port 5010 and 5002 both UDP and TCP in my Cisco E2500 router. I'm then just running the SR-Server.exe file.

On the client side I've tried to connect to my IP address at home both with and without :5002

The server is at a laptop at home, while I've tried to connect from a computer at work.

Am I doing something wrong since it's not working?

I'd open a new thread for that as others will be more likely to see it and help. :)

@Ciribob

Regarding the Combined Arms Radio- yes the audio works great in preview and I can even be heard by aircraft, and talk and hear other CA players, but I cannot hear aircraft transmissions for some reason

What server are you on and what server settings are on? You can see the server settings once connected on the client window.

If either Spectator Audio is off and / or Coalition security is on you're transmissions won't be heard unless you join a slot. Try jumping into an actual slot with an aircraft or a dedicated GCI slot and then it should be fine :)

Mi8.

Moving the channel selector of the FM radio it does not work. Or I don't know how to do it.

Just to confirm you set this selector down first?

attachment.php?attachmentid=146383&d=1471196502

After that it should work but I'll double check when I'm back

SNAFU - Its a completely standalone voip system that integrates with the DCS Radios. No reliance on TS or any other software running or needing to be installed. Whats great is you can then use SRS alongside TS / Discord without issue :)

The first post of the entire thread will explain more I hope or there is a podcast by Ragtop that'll explain more (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2902450&postcount=229)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hello Ciribob, All

First of all, thank you for this awesome piece of code!

I installed it yesterday, and it works well, but i am experiencing FPS issues since the installation.

I have quite decent computer, and running at moderate graphics settings : The M2000 free flight mission, gave me before installation of SRS :

Vsync OFF : 140 fps / Vsync ON : Rock steady 60 fps

After the installation :

Vsync OFF : alternating between 64 - 65 fps / Vsync ON : 60 fps with frequent drops to 55fps.

This occurs even is the SRS client and/or server is not running.

Turning down the graphics settings does not change this limitation to 64-65 fps.

I found that if I rename the folder %USERPROFILE%/Saved Game/Scripts, the problem go away. Since I am not using any other scripts than SRS, I believe that SRS is the source of the problem.

I found that replacing in the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalon.lua line 64 :

SR.UDPLosReceiveSocket:settimeout(.0001)

by

SR.UDPLosReceiveSocket:settimeout(0)

the problem go away, and SRS seems to remain functional (had a quick test in multiplayer on the M2000, but need more testing though)

Do you think this change can have any undesirable side-effects (I am not familiar with UDP programming)?

Am I the only one with this issue?

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance!

Edited by Yann

Thank you for these first feedback

I'll try with the F15 in SP, when i get back home.

Also I forgot to mention that i use the last available release fo SRS with the new audio library.

More feedbacks are welcome :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc_neo viewpost.gif

Hey, i set up SRS yesterday and it looks quite the neat program. Today i noticed that the distinct transmission 'click' when pressing/releasing the ptt button is not audbile on most/all radios. I can hear it in the L-39 (only one radio), in the first AM G radio of the F-15 but not the other two radios, and in neither radio in the A-10c and SU-25T for instance. Any reason behind that or is something wrong with my installation?

By the way, i have addionally installed and set up the the 'auto connect promt' file on own pc from which i runs the server and dcs 1.5/2.0. I don't seem to get the auto connect promt myself. Does it work for external client connections only or should i get the promt as well if i forget to connect to my own server when i load up a dcs mission?

It sounds like you haven't actually turned on the mic click effects. Have a look under settings and turn them on (Tx/Rx Effects). The Mic click you're hearing in the L-39 is probably the actual in cockpit one from the module.

@Ciribob

....nah, that wasn't it. I had turned those effects on all along....what i failed to do, was to turn up the volume for the 2nd/3rd radio though, silly me, i know. Anyway, works like i should now. Thx for the support. Hope to put SRS through its paces this weekend with my brother.

@ Coug4r

Just made some test with the F15. FPS issue still here.

What fps are you getting with Vsync off. Because il you run below 64 fps you will not notice this fps limitation. Try to reduce graphics settings so as to obtain more that 65fps with vsync off.

@Ciribob

I think I have a beginning of explanation.

The Windows internal clock default resolution is 15.6ms which translates in... 64fps. Thus, my guess is that, if no data is received, the UDP timeout call the OS sleep function, which is not woken up before 15.6ms. No matter the 0.1ms argument. This limit the fps to 64fps.

If you can confirm that letting SR.UDPLosReceiveSocket:settimeout(0) has no side effects, I think I'll stick with that.

Regards

Edited by Yann

The R-828 works perfect with SR.

Push ACY button until the frequency changes every time you dial up/down the FM frequency selector.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

We are so impressed with SRS at RAF Air UK, that we have decided to use it for all operational flying.

This is definitely the best solution for radio comms simulation out there, and I hope ED adopt it and integrate it into DCS World.

Excellent work guys, once again, thanks for all the expertise and hard work put into it.

We are so impressed with SRS at RAF Air UK, that we have decided to use it for all operational flying.

This is definitely the best solution for radio comms simulation out there, and I hope ED adopt it and integrate it into DCS World.

Excellent work guys, once again, thanks for all the expertise and hard work put into it.

What exactly is "RAF Air UK" ? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

For me the only thing that needs to be improved is the audio mix distorsion when two bands are used at the same time while talking.

The rest is simply great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hello Ciribob, All

First of all, thank you for this awesome piece of code!

I installed it yesterday, and it works well, but i am experiencing FPS issues since the installation.

I have quite decent computer, and running at moderate graphics settings : The M2000 free flight mission, gave me before installation of SRS :

Vsync OFF : 140 fps / Vsync ON : Rock steady 60 fps

After the installation :

Vsync OFF : alternating between 64 - 65 fps / Vsync ON : 60 fps with frequent drops to 55fps.

This occurs even is the SRS client and/or server is not running.

Turning down the graphics settings does not change this limitation to 64-65 fps.

I found that if I rename the folder %USERPROFILE%/Saved Game/Scripts, the problem go away. Since I am not using any other scripts than SRS, I believe that SRS is the source of the problem.

I found that replacing in the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalon.lua line 64 :

SR.UDPLosReceiveSocket:settimeout(.0001)

by

SR.UDPLosReceiveSocket:settimeout(0)

the problem go away, and SRS seems to remain functional (had a quick test in multiplayer on the M2000, but need more testing though)

Do you think this change can have any undesirable side-effects (I am not familiar with UDP programming)?

Am I the only one with this issue?

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance!

Thats interesting! AFAIK setting it to 0 should do the exact opposite of that according to the docs and block for an infinite amount of time...!

Not checked yet but the test you can do is to go on a server with line of sight and distance turned on and fly into a valley and if you can't hear people you're good :)

The UDP listener is for the Line of Sight system I detailed earlier in this thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc_neo

....nah, that wasn't it. I had turned those effects on all along....what i failed to do, was to turn up the volume for the 2nd/3rd radio though, silly me, i know. Anyway, works like i should now. Thx for the support. Hope to put SRS through its paces this weekend with my brother.

Great! Glad its working :)

Thanks for the feedback, currently a team of 1 so thats great to hear :thumbup:

For me the only thing that needs to be improved is the audio mix distorsion when two bands are used at the same time while talking.

The rest is simply great.

Still working on it but brutal hours at work have reduced how much I can work at the minute to basically 5 minutes a day...

If you do have garbled audio when receiving multiple transmissions, please keep sending them in as if my rewrite of the audio processing doesnt work i'll need them to test other ideas

Sorry for the slow progress all!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Dont worry mate.

You are doing an incredible work. This piece of software is a game changer so take it easy. We have a working build so take your time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm getting crashes when clicking 'preview audio' or when connecting to a server (I've tried with loopback 127.0.0.1 as well as our clan server)

https://postimg.org/image/i6izb05qr/

I'm wondering if the code handles a user that has multiple sound devices (I have an external steinberg sound card for music, internal sound card for gaming) - my external is disabled when I try this.

I'm using 2 Channel 16 bit 44100Hz for playback quality on my internal.

I checked the client logs but nothing is recorded about any errors. Also it's latest version pulled from git.

**Resolved - did not have .net 4.6 installed **

Edited by Igneous01

Developer of Kaukasus Insurgency - a customizable Dynamic PvE Campaign with cloud hosting and stats tracking. (Alpha)

http://kaukasusinsurgency.com/

Audio Output Error

Hello guys

I am sorry if this has been discussed in the past, but i am encountering an issue when i trying to connect to the server.

I receive an "audio output error"

"Problem initializing audio output! Try a different Output device and please post your client log on the forums"

it says something about an "opus.dll" and i have tried to download the file, but still no success.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

matt

Clientlog.txt

"00:57:05 Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Common.UpdaterChecker+<CheckForUpdate>d__2 Running Latest Version: 1.2.8.1
00:57:06 Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.AudioManager Error starting audio Output - Quitting! Unable to load DLL 'opus.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
"

Hello guys

I am sorry if this has been discussed in the past, but i am encountering an issue when i trying to connect to the server.

I receive an "audio output error"

"Problem initializing audio output! Try a different Output device and please post your client log on the forums"

it says something about an "opus.dll" and i have tried to download the file, but still no success.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

matt

Clientlog.txt

"00:57:05 Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Common.UpdaterChecker+<CheckForUpdate>d__2 Running Latest Version: 1.2.8.1
00:57:06 Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.AudioManager Error starting audio Output - Quitting! Unable to load DLL 'opus.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
"

Opus.dll is included in the download for the release for both Old and new Audio api (https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest)

I'd try downloading the latest release again, extracting the zip and then running the installer again which should then install the scripts and copy the exes and dlls to your installation folder

Hope that helps! :)

Edited by Ciribob