DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

worst update I've ever seen

2.5.6 .... what a load of junk!!!!

It's totally broken my install.

Startup time has quadrupled and it immediatly hangs upon getting to the title screen. Task manager reports the process is suspended. Tried repair and cleanup...didn't fix anything.

Did ED even do any testing on this before they pushed it out the door? I see loads of issues with steam users, missing dll files and crashes on startup.

How do I even roll back to the previous version, which was at least stable?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else play with the new SSLR option yet? Looks like it improves the lighting in some ways. Kills VR performance however.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

I seem to be getting the same performance, did a quick free flight in the A10c on PG and getting a steady 45 in VR. I did turn on SSLR to see what it did and took a 33% hit on FPS down to 30. I also did a free flight in the HUEY on Caucuasus and a train in the distance looked funny. I closed my right eye and it disappeared closed my left eye and it was back again. The world did seem to be a lot clearer and brighter so I am happy with the new 2.5.6.

I have noticed it takes a lot longer to start up, and Task manager saying DCS is not responding, just wait it out and it starts OK.

Edited by Bearskin

GigabyteZ390, 9900K, RTX2080, 32 gig RAM,TM Warthog, Cessna Pro Pedals, Pico 4

Kaspersky has had issues with dcs in the past

we have an FAQ here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/authorization/

hope it helps

Thanks. Didn't find anything in there.. :cry:

I submitted the file to Kaspersky's Virtual VirusDesk and there scan found no threats. So, I added it to my AV Exclusions and will hope for the best.

I always have a Monthly and Weekly System backup anyhow, so if something goes wrong I'm probably ok.

It's up and running fine now.

Cheers!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Same. Not sure what to do. :mad:

Is anybody else running Kaspersky and not having this flagged as a virus?

Exact same problem! I deleted the download folder and am actually retrying. Lasts a decade today to get it dowloaded.

Edit: Switched off Kaspersky for now!

Edited by xoxen
Additional information!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Stuck on Terrain Graphics Init:97,Caucasus.ng5 (Also Nevada , PG)

Won't start.. No Anti Virus BTW!

EDIT: Opening an existing mission fixed it! Create New Mission was problematic. Now works both ways!

Edited by Ryback

Oh my word started this update process over 2 hours ago, just came back in and see it is still downloading - appears to be around 70%...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

What is the new SSLR graphic option for?

Screen Space Local Reflections

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Is the update even out for the steam version of DCS?

Modules-

UH-1H | F/a-18C | Ka-50 | A-10C | AV-8B | Spitfire Ix | F- 14B | Su - 27 |

Hardware-

| Windows 10 | R5-3600 | Gigabyte Rtx 2060 | 16GB RAM |

| Logitech X56 | Oculus Rift S |

Is the update even out for the steam version of DCS?

Its rolled back do to many bugs in the update.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

In the new release today it listed the fa18, su33, and supercarrier as the last chance to buy before the price goes up. These appear to be 99 dollars in the store, what are they talking about last chance to save? Was this not 60 dollars just a week or two ago?

Its rolled back do to many bugs in the update.

Ahh, that explains why I started the update and came back three hours later to it only being about 35% completed despite it saying it would take just under two hours lol. I must've come back after it had finished updating and already started to revert.

Also explains why there was no TPOD on station 4 available for the Hornet :smilewink:

I was wondering what was wrong lol

A long dowload but, first impressions are that im very happy with 2.5.6. Actually delighted. I have the night (i would say again but its never worked in the 2 years ive been playing) and its beautiful. The PG map is especially stunning after dark.

There are a few things such as the cutting off of the water reflections around the canopy framing and screen edges and perhaps a little too much of a hard edge around the illuminated areas but nothing more and nothing jarring. Oh and the moon is still too far away in my 2D mid FOV world.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Players on stable be like this today :

tenor.gif

But really, hope this is cleared up soon, or itll be a loooong weekend for some folks! Good luck, ED. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Lot's of equine dental work being inspected methinks...

Pretty common in these halls... twi-notbad.png

..and the gift horse is yet to arrive smile.gif

Guess I'm the one waiting most for an equine module... icon_redface.gif

Kaspersky

There were days when this was good. Way in the past. Go and settle with Windows Defender if you just need an AV without any fancy bloatware stuff.

45,523.0 MBytes. That's a lot of nibbles.

What in tarnation is up with your install that it has to fetch ~45 Gigs? Mine, with all maps, is getting 15,213.1 MB.

Wow, the world is so much brighter now, had to set gamma from 1.9 to 1.5. Now I can see stars with my VR thumbup.gif

Then you can see more in VR than I do IRL... princess_luna.png

Yep, my download speed is pretty bad too. Funny enough, my upload speed is far more healthy :/

Just another usual day in Torrent Land... ajmug.png

Now at ~80%... having some great time with the Cake Princess meanwhile princess_celestia.png

Hope I'll not run into any major issues... but following this thread I can sense a hotfix coming next week icon_smile.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Pretty common in these halls... twi-notbad.png

Guess I'm the one waiting most for an equine module... icon_redface.gif

There were days when this was good. Way in the past. Go and settle with Windows Defender if you just need an AV without any fancy bloatware stuff.

What in tarnation is up with your install that it has to fetch ~45 Gigs? Mine, with all maps, is getting 15,213.1 MB.

Then you can see more in VR than I do IRL... princess_luna.png

Just another usual day in Torrent Land... ajmug.png

Now at ~80%... having some great time with the Cake Princess meanwhile princess_celestia.png

Hope I'll not run into any major issues... but following this thread I can sense a hotfix coming next week icon_smile.gif

Use the HTTP download rather than torrent. Torrent is crap. Much faster with HTTP. My DL was also 31 gigs.

I also see stars, any many of them...... gamma at 1.5

Thanks ED for the new update. Plenty of kinks to work out still, but it’s a good start!

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Players on stable be like this today :

tenor.gif

But really, hope this is cleared up soon, or itll be a loooong weekend for some folks! Good luck, ED. :)

I LOLed...

Yeah, lets hope its a work-weekend in mother Russia...

I get the very distinct impression that this was once again pushed out undercooked to satisfy the torch and pitchfork crowd.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well done ED. Light is a great improvement.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I get the very distinct impression that this was once again pushed out undercooked to satisfy the torch and pitchfork crowd.

A very good possibility. I have no problem waiting longer for patches and updates, as long as it means giving the team the time they need to get (mostly) everything sorted out.

People are just too impatient sometimes.