Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

Mirage guide INS procedure updated today.

Thanks for all

I7 6700K @4,6 Ghz//32GB RAM @2666 Mh//MSI GTX 1080//OCULUS RIFT+touch//HOTAS Warthog//MFD Cougar//CH PRO Pedals//Windows 10 64 bits

F-16//F/A-18//F-14//M-2000C//Gazelle SA 432//F-5E Tiger//Mig-21 and others not used :pilotfly:

Thx Chuck like always! Any news about Hornet? :)

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Harrier Manual updated to include AGM-65E Maverick (LMAV) procedure

Merci Chuck, good job :thumbup:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Thanks Shack's

Currently learning it myself... if there is too much missing or WIP stuff, doing a guide on the Harrier may provide negative training, I may have to wait a bit more. We'll see.

Think, when we have to work full time, you have to read hundreds of modules manual pages before you can fly. It's almost impossible when we have thirteen or fourteen modules like me.

You are the person who makes it so easy.

Thanks Shuck's

JB:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

Think, when we have to work full time, you have to read hundreds of modules manual pages before you can fly. It's almost impossible when we have thirteen or fourteen modules like me.

You are the person who makes it so easy.

Thanks Shuck's

JB:book:

Seriously! I've only mapped some things to my warthog and taken it up a couple of times over the PG map as I'm waiting on Chucks' fantastic guide to help me get started with this bird... Don't know what I'd do without you Chuck!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Great job on the Harrier Guide.

������������������������������������������������

Thanks for your dedication.

It makes the learning curve shallower, but personally, I find your guides invaluable for a refresh on a aircraft I haven't flown for a while.

The DEMONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to Heaven for the climate,Hell for the company

Check us out on page 23 in the squadron directory, on the multiplayer forum and send me a private message.

Seriously! I've only mapped some things to my warthog and taken it up a couple of times over the PG map as I'm waiting on Chucks' fantastic guide to help me get started with this bird... Don't know what I'd do without you Chuck!

Same here! The guides are Essential! :thumbup:

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hornet guide is out! Just like always, please send me any mistakes or corrections that need to be made.

F/A-18C Hornet

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q2vH0WLm5mdu2U3GX8AkB1z6iIP-I_sF

Last updated: 09/06/2018

Thank you very much!

New stuff to read :smartass:

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hornet guide is out! Just like always, please send me any mistakes or corrections that need to be made.

F/A-18C Hornet

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q2vH0WLm5mdu2U3GX8AkB1z6iIP-I_sF

Last updated: 09/06/2018

Part 6, Page 92, Step 13:

"Set velocity vector and keep it there. Keep velocity vector on the crotch." This is called Spotting The Deck, and it should not be done. Your path should only be controlled by your initial position at the start, ball, AoA, and lineup. You should not reference or aim for any part of the boat with the VV, that's deck-spotting and as A.E.W said in one of his videos, a dangerous habit.

Page 97, that Plat cam is not the same as the LSO cam. LSOs dont use the plat cam for reference.

As/If I find more, I will post here. In any case, thanks for the guide Chuck!

Screen_Shot_2018-06-09_at_10.26.12_PM.png

This is inaccurate, the vvi should be lined up with the crotch of the ship if and only if the approach turn is done correctly. It should only be there briefly and shouldn’t be referenced after rolling wings level, you should only reference the meatball, your line up and your aoa using the ebracket. In an ideal circumstance the vvi will slowly move from the crotch to the middle of the deck as you approach, but holding it at the crotch will only end up with you not gonna paying attention to the more important things I listed. If you must reference the vvi or happen to look at it during the groove, only reference that it is 3 to 3.5 degrees down from the horizon.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Page 15 - I think the big RESET button is the FCS (Flight Control System) Reset button, not for ECS (Enviroment Control System).

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I am having some issues printing pages of the F18 guide. No matter what I do, some of the left side is omitted. Any suggestions?

Problem solved, Unchecked choose paper source by PDF page size.

Edited by sobe
Problem solved, Unchecked choose paper source by PDF page size.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hi Chuck, really enjoying your great guides!

Page 6 in the Viggen guide: Some descriptions for the throttle key assignments are missing (probably the graphics are not visible in the PDF). Any chances for updating them? Would be greatly appreciated!

thanks again Chuck, cant believe i just checked today for the first time for your tutorial on the FA-18C and its already here!!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks for the corrections, everyone. I did a first correction pass I've uploaded a new revision as of 11/06/2018. If you take the document from Mudspike, make sure you clear your history and cache to have the new version available.

Typos corrected, updated RWR section, corrected Carrier Landing procedure, other stuff here and there.

Thanks for the corrections, everyone. I did a first correction pass I've uploaded a new revision as of 11/06/2018. If you take the document from Mudspike, make sure you clear your history and cache to have the new version available.

Typos corrected, updated RWR section, corrected Carrier Landing procedure, other stuff here and there.

Cool! Looking really good already.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks

Thank you very much Chuck

For a person with little time and short memory like me, your guide and instructions are all we need to enjoy this magnificent flight simulator that I always dreamed about.All the best for you bro.

JB:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.