Chuck's F-5E3 Tiger II Guide

Charly_Owl

Thanks! :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My hero! ;) Thanks for all you do for the community, Chuck, really appreciated.:beer:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Fantastic. Downloaded and will print off.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Chuck, thanks for all your good guides, and this one too. :)

One comment about mapping: It is very important that you have the aileron limiter mapped on the joystick too.

I found it by chance: I noticed that when I moved my WT stick sideways, the F-5 stick stopped midway.

That is the physical aileron limiter in function in the F-5.

Apparently in the F-5 it is a sort of detent where you need to excert extra force to exceed it.

Belsimtek has apparently implemented this function on FFB sticks, but on non-FFB you need to push the button to access full aileron deflection.

So, very important for full maneouverability.

(And btw, if you thought she was rolling fast before, just try with aileron limiter off.. ;) :D )

Another suggestion for throttle mapping is to put the flaps switch below the speed brake and then you could put the Chute handle on the China hat for example.

Actually Belsimtek is working on implementing 3-way switch functionality for the WT speed brake, flaps swithces and flaps lever, to mimic the RL functionality in F-5. :)

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Very good job once more ! I quickly scroll at your guide and one picture jump into my face:

Page 43, it's the authorized configurations for a F-5A not an E-3 (you can find it in the full F-5E flight manual).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Good job , merci beaucoup :thumbup:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Excellent job as always, been looking forward to this. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Chuck never disappoints.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Thanks! Appreciate your guides!

<S>

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

One comment about mapping: It is very important that you have the aileron limiter mapped on the joystick too.

I found it by chance: I noticed that when I moved my WT stick sideways, the F-5 stick stopped midway.

That is the physical aileron limiter in function in the F-5.

Apparently in the F-5 it is a sort of detent where you need to excert extra force to exceed it.

Belsimtek has apparently implemented this function on FFB sticks, but on non-FFB you need to push the button to access full aileron deflection.

So, very important for full maneouverability.

(And btw, if you thought she was rolling fast before, just try with aileron limiter off.. ;) :D )

The question should be: are you supposed to turn that aileron limiter off during flight? Was it used by pilots at all? Because a switch is there doesn't mean it should necessarily be used... it could be an emergency switch for all we know.