VMFA-251 is standing back up.

tlhaskell

With the release of the Hornet VMFA-251 will be re-activated. Website is under construction. http://Www.vmfa251.com.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The air battle is not necessarily won at the time of the battle. The winner may have been determined by the amount of time, energy, thought and training an individual has previously accomplished in an effort to increase his ability as a fighter pilot." ~ Pappy Boyington

With the release of the Hornet VMFA-251 will be re-activated. Website is under construction. http://Www.vmfa251.com.

Forum, teamspeak and simple radio servers will be going up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The air battle is not necessarily won at the time of the battle. The winner may have been determined by the amount of time, energy, thought and training an individual has previously accomplished in an effort to increase his ability as a fighter pilot." ~ Pappy Boyington

I am a former pilot for the Marine Corps and will be teaching actual Marine tactics. This is more than just a show up and fly squadron. If you want to really learn how the military works , this is the squadron for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

24867_1392149773400_7073405_n.jpg?oh=631d6f3fa0b47c9693a7a1be1438e206&oe=5B19AF9C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a Forward Air Controller with 2nd Battalion 8th Marines

24867_1392163773750_6283987_n.jpg?oh=107a8b9c32dc6e23e90ae1aa1539cbdd&oe=5AD8BC92

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just noticed this post. Did the forum actually go up? It still seems to be behind the "coming soon" banner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It was still being worked on last night.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum is up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Starting ground school for the F/A-18C. If you are looking to join a new squadron and get in during the formation, I hope you will stop by our forum and maybe even join us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whoa how did I miss this? This is still going right?

No internet issues

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whoa how did I miss this? This is still going right?

Hey stop by Vmfa251.com

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I went to your website and tried to register but kept getting

You did not pass the security check. Please try again.

So I will submit my intro here:

Randall MacDonald here. AKA =Mac=. I've been flying sims since LoMac. I've been with two virtual squadrons over the years, the last one was the 104th. It's been a few years since I've flown in a squadron setting; I usually practice on the Aerobatics Online server. While I have everything that flies from Eagle Dynamics, I am most comfortable in Western aircraft. I am adept at getting the F-15C on and off the runways, the P-51D (well, most of the time), I have managed a few carrier landings with the Harrier, but I am most at home in an unarmed Huey. Because I fly lone wolf most of the time, my comms and nav abilities are limited to spelling them.

I am an ex Navy ('71 to '74) squid so I understand, generally, how flight deck operations go. I did a year in Iceland with the VP squadrons (they had a nice volcano when I was there!) I spent a month or so off the East Coast aboard CVA-59 on carrier quals for VF-74 (as a yellow shirt as well as training for a red one) before their Med cruise in '74. At NAS Oceana, I also trained as a Grape.

In real life, I am a recently retired professional precision driver and live near Toronto, Ontario, in the great State of Canada! I am an avid sailor with a 26-foot sloop that I dance in Lake Ontario's waters with whenever winter's ice melts.

I have a gaming machine (besides this house server) with : P9x79 Deluxe, Intel i7 3820, 4.6 GHz stable, Corsair H80 hydro cooler, G-Skill 32GB DDR3-2133, GeForce GTX 1060 8GB, Kingston 120GB SSD, Crucial 256GB SSD, (edit: I forget the brand of a new 500GB SSD dedicated to DCS 2.5) CoolMaster 1.2kW PSU, Samsung 27", Samsung 4K, APC 1200 UPS, Logitech G-15, G-13, G27 car wheel, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Logitech Z5500, TrackIR 4, (1TB, 2TB, 3TB and 2x 4TB) ext HD. Oh, and I also have a 1080p HDMI pass through DVR recording onto a 1TB portable SSD.

Recently, I registered and flew with a formal online competition in an F-5 but completely embarrassed myself with it. I had never heard of Simple Radio so spent most of my time trying to say my name rather than even finding the bandits I knew were coming for me. In essence, I was blind, deaf, and dumb (in both senses of that word.) That said, I am very willing (eager!) to learn new things.

I understand some BFM, know how to spell Tacan, know enough AAR to keep from hitting the tanker often, and (seriously) will do my best to act professional. Being retired, I can make it to flights whenever. For the first few flight hours, though, I will be heavily dependent on an IP.

If you have a slot available and are willing to put up with my lack of skills, I would love to join your crew as a Harrier student pilot and (when it gets an early release) as a Hornet driver trainee.

Cordially Yours,

=Mac=

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I went to your website and tried to register but kept getting

You did not pass the security check. Please try again.

So I will submit my intro here:

Randall MacDonald here. AKA =Mac=. I've been flying sims since LoMac. I've been with two virtual squadrons over the years, the last one was the 104th. It's been a few years since I've flown in a squadron setting; I usually practice on the Aerobatics Online server. While I have everything that flies from Eagle Dynamics, I am most comfortable in Western aircraft. I am adept at getting the F-15C on and off the runways, the P-51D (well, most of the time), I have managed a few carrier landings with the Harrier, but I am most at home in an unarmed Huey. Because I fly lone wolf most of the time, my comms and nav abilities are limited to spelling them.

I am an ex Navy ('71 to '74) squid so I understand, generally, how flight deck operations go. I did a year in Iceland with the VP squadrons (they had a nice volcano when I was there!) I spent a month or so off the East Coast aboard CVA-59 on carrier quals for VF-74 (as a yellow shirt as well as training for a red one) before their Med cruise in '74. At NAS Oceana, I also trained as a Grape.

In real life, I am a recently retired professional precision driver and live near Toronto, Ontario, in the great State of Canada! I am an avid sailor with a 26-foot sloop that I dance in Lake Ontario's waters with whenever winter's ice melts.

I have a gaming machine (besides this house server) with : P9x79 Deluxe, Intel i7 3820, 4.6 GHz stable, Corsair H80 hydro cooler, G-Skill 32GB DDR3-2133, GeForce GTX 1060 8GB, Kingston 120GB SSD, Crucial 256GB SSD, (edit: I forget the brand of a new 500GB SSD dedicated to DCS 2.5) CoolMaster 1.2kW PSU, Samsung 27", Samsung 4K, APC 1200 UPS, Logitech G-15, G-13, G27 car wheel, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Logitech Z5500, TrackIR 4, (1TB, 2TB, 3TB and 2x 4TB) ext HD. Oh, and I also have a 1080p HDMI pass through DVR recording onto a 1TB portable SSD.

Recently, I registered and flew with a formal online competition in an F-5 but completely embarrassed myself with it. I had never heard of Simple Radio so spent most of my time trying to say my name rather than even finding the bandits I knew were coming for me. In essence, I was blind, deaf, and dumb (in both senses of that word.) That said, I am very willing (eager!) to learn new things.

I understand some BFM, know how to spell Tacan, know enough AAR to keep from hitting the tanker often, and (seriously) will do my best to act professional. Being retired, I can make it to flights whenever. For the first few flight hours, though, I will be heavily dependent on an IP.

If you have a slot available and are willing to put up with my lack of skills, I would love to join your crew as a Harrier student pilot and (when it gets an early release) as a Hornet driver trainee.

Cordially Yours,

=Mac=

Hey Mac,

We can get you added. Tonight about 6:30 or tomorrow click on the teamspeak status box on our web site. The password is Thunderbolts. We will assist you then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

I didn't make it back in time for 1830 this evening so I will try to connect tomorrow.

Not to worry: I read the posts here and know you all are just getting things going.

I'll head to Teamspeak tomorrow.

Mac

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Their still on

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]