DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

India uses/used MiG-27s extensively.

Yeah but thats it IIRC. Not like a mig29 or 23 with a billion users.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Oh yeah, certainly limited in comparison. But considering it's basically a slightly faster Frogfoot sans the armor and usable gun I kinda understand why.

27 has the same armor bathtub as the frogfoot. And its like a supersonic 25T, not 25A. Because T never really existed in the airforce, 27 gives us a historically legitimate TV platform.

As for feasibility, I wonder why nobody says that in terms of avionics 23MLA opens the gate to 25PD :smilewink:

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

I can't see why the MiG-25 or MiG-31 are so popular in demands, as they are pure interceptors, not fighters and not at all for anything in ground.

Like we do not have the map sizes or the targets even for those, like U-2 flying at very high altitude or SR-71 trying to penetrate area....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I can't see why the MiG-25 or MiG-31 are so popular in demands

This sounded like a wife talking out her husband out of buying a muscle car.

Seriously, MiG-25 had the longest stick among red birds of its time. Keeping the blue side busy from afar giving the 21's a chance to bite.

Anyway 23 MLA is an excellent choice from any viewpoint.

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Seriously, MiG-25 had the longest stick among red birds of its time. Keeping the blue side busy from afar giving the 21's a chance to bite.

Both Mig 25 and 31 are in popular demand...

But surrounding the secrecy on both these planes. I highly doubt we'll see a full fledged module. The least they could give is an updated 3D model.

So...waiting for the Mig 23MLA...was hoping for an MLD...guess cant ask much, eh?

• Like 1

How to keep them busy, when they can just notch and chaff like nothing, and fly around the area waiting the 21's to come closer, while not a threat 25 would be useless at the range?

If you want to get close, you get close by notching and chaffing.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Oh yeah, certainly limited in comparison. But considering it's basically a slightly faster Frogfoot sans the armor and usable gun I kinda understand why.

Given the roles, a more apt comparison would be the Su-22 (export variant of Su-17) which was widely exported already, plus the MiG-27 was more expensive, I guess.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I can't see why the MiG-25 or MiG-31 are so popular in demands, as they are pure interceptors, not fighters and not at all for anything in ground.

Like we do not have the map sizes or the targets even for those, like U-2 flying at very high altitude or SR-71 trying to penetrate area....

The MiG-25 is a pretty iconic bird, I guess. Might as well ask yourself why people go completely bananas over the F-16.

I also don't get why so much request for the 25 or 31.

The 31 will never, in this DCS incarnation, be there, we all know why.

As for the 25, are you really interested in an interceptor that cannot pull more than 2.5g on a full load?

Yes it does mach 2.8 and shoots those big acrid missiles...but at who?

You will not get an teen fighter series with those and not even a hog.

All you could do would be to create missions to intercept B-52s.

After two runs you will get back to any other module.

A 23 would be much more interesting for the scenarios I prefer which are from the 70s to the 90s. (SARH missiles)

Or a Su-17, now that would be fun.

The mig-25 did plenty of air to air combat during the Iran-Iraq war and Desert Storm. It has plenty of a2a kills against F5s, F4s, supposedly Tomcats, and definitely one F18 to name a few.

And no, I do not care I can't pull more than 4g in it. I care about flying unique and challenging aircraft, and the Mig25 certainly qualifies for that.

Does anyone have a Mig-23 MLA manual translated to english that I could read though? Really looking forward to a mig? I assume the MLA's could only load a few FAB's for A-G as they're mainly interceptors?

Please visit this thread and add a plus 1 to show support for getting a full fidelity Su-17/20/22 in game https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220572

And unguided rockets. No idea about the GROM though.

Х-23 A-G guided missiles with Delta guidance pod. Its like Х-66 GROM but you can steer the hit mark and missile with hat switch, a progress compared to MiG-21 boresight guidance.

Edited by Кош

The mig-25 did plenty of air to air combat during the Iran-Iraq war and Desert Storm. It has plenty of a2a kills against F5s, F4s, supposedly Tomcats, and definitely one F18 to name a few.

And no, I do not care I can't pull more than 4g in it. I care about flying unique and challenging aircraft, and the Mig25 certainly qualifies for that.

Oh yeah...definitely.:thumbup:

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/iraqi-mig-25-foxbat-pilot-explains-how-he-was-able-to-shoot-down-lt-cdr-speichers-f-a-18-hornet-the-first-night-of-operation-desert-storm/

Why would someone not want such an iconic bird is something that i will never get.

Not to go of topic;

does anyone have any idea when we can expect some concrete news about MIG 23s development?

Edited by Void78

Here are the unique video of the MIG-25

MiG-25. Genetics of the Interceptor | review from EXPERT (have english subtitles)

Returning to the topic.. Any news about MIG-23MLA ?

Edited by strelok2014

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir

I also don't get why so much request for the 25 or 31.

The 31 will never, in this DCS incarnation, be there, we all know why.

As for the 25, are you really interested in an interceptor that cannot pull more than 2.5g on a full load?

Yes it does mach 2.8 and shoots those big acrid missiles...but at who?

You will not get an teen fighter series with those and not even a hog.

All you could do would be to create missions to intercept B-52s.

After two runs you will get back to any other module.

Funny thing - i thought the same about MiG-25.

After more PvP MP i have found out MiG-25PD would be very very dangerous due to it's speed and missiles, it's a brute force which is hard to counter. When there is a guy dashing on you more than Ma 2 at 50-60,000ft with big and powerfull SAHR/IR missiles there is not much you can do, it would be scarry.

After all MiG-25s proved to be much more dangerous to F-15s in air combat than MiG-29s in Gulf Wars.

Is the MiG23 MLA the next project for Razbam ?

Or just rumours ???

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5