RL Red Flag Info!

StrongHarm

This page includes recordings, frequencies, call signs, target coords, etc. for the real Red Flags 2002 through 2007. Awesome!

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I liked the Imax vid, too bad it had to be so chessily narrated. Should have had James Earl Jones or the ED version of Samuel L Jackson. Great insight into the red flag exercises though. Had no idea how many pilots and aircraft were invited.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Yeah I've seen the IMAX movie and coming from someone who was in the Air Force and crewed F-16's on a daily basis, I laugh so hard how cheesy and obviously fake some of the scenes are. Now I understand that to get actual video of some views that are CGI are almost impossible, but for me its the vibe that the film puts off, like they try too hard to make you believe those are actual real video recorded. At least 90 percent of the footage of the maintenance crew marshaling is so unbelievable and scripted. I know they are not actors and all, its just for me at least its just very hard to watch.

Edited by Scout

System Specs: MSI Big Bang Fuzion P55 1156, Intel Core i5-661 OC to 4.17GHz, EVGA GTX660TI 3GB, Corsair 750W PSU, 8 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC3 12800 1600MHz, Creative THX Quantum Wave True Studio, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Cooler, Saitek Pro Flight Yolk System, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, X52 Pro, TrackIR 5 with Pro Clip

Yeah I've seen the IMAX movie and coming from someone who was in the Air Force and crewed F-16's on a daily basis, I laugh so hard how cheesy and obviously fake some of the scenes are. Now I understand that to get actual video of some views that are CGI are almost impossible, but for me its the vibe that the film puts off, like they try too hard to make you believe those are actual real video recorded. At least 90 percent of the footage of the maintenance crew marshaling is so unbelievable and scripted. I know they are not actors and all, its just for me at least its just very hard to watch.

straight talk. Try Jetstream from Discovery Channel Canada.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's probably trying to stream it in your browser. Instead of left clicking the links, right click and choose "Save Link As" or "Save Target As", depending on the browser you're using.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Tomcat video was much better than that Imax film.

In the Imax video I was shocked that they called in A10s to combat the enemy Helo. Seemed odd considering no radar on A10s.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Tomcat video was much better than that Imax film.

In the Imax video I was shocked that they called in A10s to combat the enemy Helo. Seemed odd considering no radar on A10s.

A-10s bagged some Helis in gulf war 1, flying low and slow might make it easier against such a slow moving target. Most likely they were the closest asset at the time though.

This page includes recordings, frequencies, call signs, target coords, etc. for the real Red Flags 2002 through 2007. Awesome!

I was at a few of those Flags as an AWACS WD. That site is a little confused about some of the things they say, for example misunderstanding Callsigns or 3-1 Brevity term usage, i would be happy to answer questions that I can on here in regard to AWACS - Fighter ops or Red Flag in general.

• Like 1