Super Carrier support

sthompson

Just tried it and all seems good. Great product!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I bought the Realistic ATC license, I'm still waiting on an email with the key. Been about 30 mins. The last one I bought was instant. Anyone else having this issue?

I got the same problem. I have the email of receipt for order only but no license key. Waiting over 1 hour.

Mine came through instantly with PayPal so no issues here

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

Yep, do make sure you have updated to the latest version of vaicom though

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I am getting nothing but grief with the SC plugin. My VAICOM works fine except for the SC commands where I get "awaiting additional input". Any ideas? Thanks!

You did check the SC box in the EX tab of the config window and go through the FINISH process to install the SC commands, i take it?

For anyone interested, I have made a simple set of kneeboard pages listing the extra VAICOM Real ATC commands and summarising how they are used in CASE I, II and III as per the DCS SC manual.

These summaries currently assume auto calls are on so doesn't cover all the commands if you have turned this option off.

Super Carrier VAICOM kneeboards.zip

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

For anyone interested, I have made a simple set of kneeboard pages listing the extra VAICOM Real ATC commands and summarising how they are used in CASE I, II and III as per the DCS SC manual.

These summaries currently assume auto calls are on so doesn't cover all the commands if you have turned this option off.

Nice one. Thanks @hornblower793

Yep, great stuff, very useful, thanks.

WB.

Any issues you find with them let me know and I will change them. Will also try and add in the 'auto calls' later

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

How can I rteplace my Keywords database?

I am on version 2.5.19 of Vaicom pro.

I have bought and validated the Realistic ATC licence. It shows on the List licences window.

I have performed the Keyword editor 'Finish' routine as per the manual page 36.

BUT only about 50% of the new Keywords listed on the manual page 70 appear in the Editor Keyword list.

The Kewords that are present work fine.

The ones that are missing don't work (e.g. Kiss Off, Ball, Hornet Ball, Needles , Overhead)

So doing the FINISH steps is never going to work if the Keywords are not in the database anyway.

Hence the question,, how can I get my Vaicom Keywords database updated to include all the new Realistic ATC keywords? With onlky a subset of them present its a waste of time trying to use them since DCS won't respond if the corerct commands are not entered in the expected sequence. A misisng keyword breaks the sequence, hence Supercarrier comms are unusable for me at the moment.

Suggest you reinstall, kiss off is defiantly present in my list of keywords

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

If the RELOAD button, on the Editor tab, is highlighted, give that a press.

That seems to update the count to match the new number of commands, so it could be that the indexing of the commands relies on that count being correct.

I'm not certain, but maybe worth a try????

Well dang salute keeps coming and going with me as being recognized by DCS.

It is always recognized appropriately in VA.

Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Have it also assigned to a button so I just use it when it fails using Vaicom.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well dang salute keeps coming and going with me as being recognized by DCS.

It is always recognized appropriately in VA.

Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Have it also assigned to a button so I just use it when it fails using Vaicom.

FWIW I don’t like saying “salute” to mimic physically saluting, preferring to press a button, it just feels odd. I only like to speak for comms and don’t want to use voice control where it doesn’t exist. Maybe I should put a button on my head :)

I was thinking of changing the recognition of salute to Ready or Launch. Admittedly not realistic either but would feel more immersive than saying what is a physical action. Can this be done, do I simply train ms speech that my pronunciation of salute is another word?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

You could always change it to “Present ARMS!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

FWIW I don’t like saying “salute” to mimic physically saluting, preferring to press a button, it just feels odd. I only like to speak for comms and don’t want to use voice control where it doesn’t exist. Maybe I should put a button on my head :)

I was thinking of changing the recognition of salute to Ready or Launch. Admittedly not realistic either but would feel more immersive than saying what is a physical action. Can this be done, do I simply train ms speech that my pronunciation of salute is another word?

Yeah good point, normally I only use my Vaicom for comms.

Think I will just continue to use the button I have assigned for it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah good point, normally I only use my Vaicom for comms.

Think I will just continue to use the button I have assigned for it.

I got the salute command to work a couple of times but no way near consistent, I will continue with the button for now also. Maybe a future update might help this out.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Does your VA log suggest that "salute" has been recognised with the right level of confidence, whether or not the command has any effect in DCS?

Just trying to figure out whether it is a speech recognition issue or an inconsistency within VP or DCS as to how the command is applied. The SC commands, in particular, do appear to be context sensitive, so that logic might be getting mixed up somewhere, if it is the latter.