Upgrade the A10c?

Neil Gardner

The DCS simulation of the A10C is undoubtably one of the finest achievements in desktop military flight simulation. I hope it stays up there as the scope of what can be done in a PC simulator increases. Will there be, for example, any restructuring as a result of what has been learnt from the development of the Hornet? I’m just hoping that as time goes on the A10c continues to benefit from the fruits of expanding simulation technologies.

Thanks

Neil.

Higher resolution cockpit and Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) would be really nice and not to hard to implement for ED.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

It would be great to see some things remastered in the A-10 such as new cockpit textures, and perhaps a revisit or implementation of some systems after gathering experience from F-18 development.

Much to my sorrow, I highly doubt we will see any sort of capability changes or implementations of things such as the APKWS, Scorpion HMD, ARC-210, etc. This would require a newer suite A-10 than we currently have, which to my understanding, would ultimately require a new contract with the Air Force.

I think the community would be largely behind an upgrade to DCS: A-10C, even if it was sort of an entirely new module. I'd pay the full price of a new module to receive a more modern A-10C. We're missing out on a lot of goodies.

I reckon new cockpit textures will probably happen. A later suite, thus capability additions? Sorry, don't think it'll happen.

I reckon new cockpit textures will probably happen.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153303

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

It really could use a new 3D model and new textures to get it at the same level as the F/A-18C.

A newer suite is for me less important.

Now I fly with my own texture mod (see signature or go to http://www.476vfightergroup.com/showthread.php?5905-HOG-pit).

Edited by Bummer

I see this has been pointed out by a number of people in the context of enquirying after updates to a number if different models, but I would just like to add my own comment; I would be willing to pay for a good upgrade. Just about all of us in this community are enthusiasts and it seems to me there are very few of us that are not appreciative enough of what developers do that they wouldn’t pay for important upgrades. We appreciate that ED and 3rd party developers have to make a living, that they are business’ and it is in all our interests to keep them going. So to developers I say: have a poll if you need reassurance, but I think you’ll find that when if comes to our beautiful models, if we’ve got the money we’ll pay for them to be kept up to scratch.

I see this has been pointed out by a number of people in the context of enquirying after updates to a number if different models, but I would just like to add my own comment; I would be willing to pay for a good upgrade. Just about all of us in this community are enthusiasts and it seems to me there are very few of us that are not appreciative enough of what developers do that they wouldn’t pay for important upgrades. We appreciate that ED and 3rd party developers have to make a living, that they are business’ and it is in all our interests to keep them going. So to developers I say: have a poll if you need reassurance, but I think you’ll find that when if comes to our beautiful models, if we’ve got the money we’ll pay for them to be kept up to scratch.

As was mentioned above, there's more to upgrading the A-10C than just new art and / or tweaking the 1s and 0s.

ED is bound by contractual obligations vis a vis what they were able to allow to go public. It's possible that they either can't get permission to release anything newer or perhaps they feel it wouldn't be cost effective to have to jump through the required hoops to re-open the agreement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

It's possible that they either can't get permission to release anything newer or perhaps they feel it wouldn't be cost effective to have to jump through the required hoops to re-open the agreement.

This. I think they could possibly re-open the agreement to develop a newer A-10C, but I think the latter of your statements is most accurate.

Perhaps if the community continually expressed serious interest and willingness to pay for a newer A-10C suite.. Damn it.. I'm dreaming again.

It really could use a new 3D model and new textures to get it at the same level as the F\A-18C.

A newer suite is for me less important.

This. Plus I hope ED will reconsider the post stall behavior of the A-10C, among very few other flight characteristics that need tweaking. Before we ask for a new A-10 version guys, we should instead hope for a remastered, current version of the A-10C first.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

I'm just happy that we have a -C model Hawg, it's amazing how they were allowed to publish a game with such advanced material at the time (one of the most advanced aircraft on the inside for the time). 10 years ago most A-10's were still A models, think about that.

Weapons and avionics expansion pack;

Brimstone missile, JHMQS, Evolved JDAM (V) laser augmented GPS weapon, GBU-39 SDB

Match aircraft lights to RW

Lots of incorrect stuff in your post, not sure where you're getting your data from.

Brimstone: not on the A-10C

JHMQS: Nope, it's HMCS on the A-10C and it's completely different than whats on other fighters.

Evolved JDAM (V) laser augmented GPS weapon: I guess you mean GBU-54?

GBU-39 SDB: not on the A-10C

And what do you mean match aircraft lights to RW?

I'd love, and happily pay, for a suite 7 plus (or later) version of the A-10C but I highly doubt we'll ever see it.

Weapons and avionics expansion pack;

Brimstone missile, JHMQS, Evolved JDAM (V) laser augmented GPS weapon, GBU-39 SDB

Match aircraft lights to RW

Lots of incorrect stuff in your post, not sure where you're getting your data from.

Brimstone: not on the A-10C

JHMQS: Nope, it's HMCS on the A-10C and it's completely different than whats on other fighters.

Evolved JDAM (V) laser augmented GPS weapon: I guess you mean GBU-54?

GBU-39 SDB: not on the A-10C

Thanks for the clarifications Snoopy.

After all these years I still enjoy seeing the comparison of those who think they know something with those who actually do.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I do not want an a-10c "upgraded", i.e. with new features.

But I ask for an a-10c that is fully developed to work well in the 2.5, especially now that we have a release version. I.e. better textures for the cockpit (or at least a better colors and shadows appearance, just like it was in 1.5.8 - now it is worst); all bugs corrected (CDU pages, night lighting, mavericks and so on). And I'd like to have all this things at least simultaneously with the new maps and planes, and not new products first and corrections of old ones like a-10c later.

Edited by nessuno0505

I think ED will take care off all the graphic issues related to the switch to 2.5 and in the next months we can enjoy all the modules as they should be :pilotfly:

But I would like to see an graphic update of the A-10 to match the newer modules.

That would be really awesome:thumbup:

kind regards

Bender_39

Just in case ED are listening - another vote here for some A-10C love. PBR textures, a HUD rescale (so I don't break my neck on gun runs in VR) and maybe a pilot body. I'm not greedy.

It's still undoubtedly one of the best modules we have and I'd be willing to pay to support an A-10C 2018 update.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Position Change for the Cockpit has been changed to the correct position internally IIRC, NineLine pointed that out in the VR Section.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I do not want an a-10c "upgraded", i.e. with new features.

But I ask for an a-10c that is fully developed to work well in the 2.5, especially now that we have a release version. I.e. better textures for the cockpit (or at least a better colors and shadows appearance, just like it was in 1.5.8 - now it is worst); all bugs corrected (CDU pages, night lighting, mavericks and so on). And I'd like to have all this things at least simultaneously with the new maps and planes, and not new products first and corrections of old ones like a-10c later.

Agree 100%

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]