USS Oak Hill Coming Soon!!

Frst things First...Outstanding Work! Thank you for doing this model any any others you decide to take on.

I noticed a couple of things that might need tuning...

1.) She seems to be riding high on the water. 5-6 feet maybe? Not Objectionable but noticeable when compared to photos.

2.) I'm missing textures for the Deck markings...Might just be me.

Thanks again for doing this. Looking forward to more!

Screen_200727_222607.thumb.png.14e9cea73adabc62d14eb6bd7606c3ae.png

Screen_200727_222022.thumb.png.2231f99fa481c867040c8f67de5cca3d.png

USS_Oak_Hill_LSD-51.thumb.jpg.5676143566d613562f5d33552f8ef555.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I am not holding my breath on that since its a RAZBAM ship and their ability to fix issues is slow at best.

AI has been improved and is being worked on...we have dedicated helicopter spots and the harriers now spawn on the Starboard rear where they should...

It's getting there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hey Admiral thanks for releasing this. Have it in the threat index, very much looking forward to getting the Littlebird operating off it.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Thanks Sierra for the update.. Only one other person mentiioned the textures missing. So i ballasted the ship down and addded the missing texture. I tested it already.. PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP of your files before replacing them with the updated .edm files..

I mostly spawned helicopters on the ship but the Harrier AI lands perfectly center on the ship..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ausg6y874bh9bw9/UPDATED%20OAK%20FILES.zip?dl=0

This is spectacular, thank you for sharing!

Messing around with it in the editor, I had a couple of observations.

1) Neither Phalanx can engage targets on the port side of the ship. I was able to get the forward Phalanx to turn left by pasting in the angles from the ED Arleigh Burke (120 to -120). The rear turret simply refuses to turn past 180 degrees, any value given greater than that simply reflects it back to the starboard side of the ship.

2) The aft SeaRAM mount doesn't seem to engage, it just rotates like a radar antenna.

3) Is there any reason that the SeaRAM launchers are configured to fire Sea Sparrows? RAM was added with the super carriers and AFAIK it's not blocked behind the content wall.

I'd like to reiterate I really appreciate taking the time and effort to make this.

Thanks for the observation near blind. Here's what i learned about DCS world. I can place 10 weapons on a ship but what i've found is some weapons will overide the others meaning.. Some may fire and some may not... I did notice that about the aft SeaSparrow,, the animation is correct but i may have to invert it... I will disable the fwd sea sparrow to see if i can get the Aft to work..

also, if you have small boats, aircraft and other ships attacking the ship.. it will definitely confuse the weapons and think that's a DCS Issue in regards to ships defense in the game..

So in regards to the Phalanx/CIWS... the forward is set at 0 and i set the Aft at 180. the other day what i found is they don't track as they should.. i wil play around them..

I tested the Arleigh Burke one day to see if it can defend itself properly and it couldn't so that told me ED doesnt' place a lot fo energy in the Ships as they do Aircraft.

Either way!! I will play around with the weapons tomorrow to see if i can get them up to speed. One thing i do also is look at the Arleigh and the Ticonderoga to see how their configuration is setup... So the numbers may be off a little.

Update coming soon! Thanks for insight!

The New Files did the trick Admiral! Thanks for the hard work.

Any Chance of getting the railings around the flight deck lowered to the down position?

5af5ca0212bae.image.thumb.jpg.37898510ad7e5398d936e953c855f4a6.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

I can wait for ya to do your magic sir.

Great work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Oak Hill Update with animated fences and updated .lua game file. Please test and let me know how it goes for you all.

I have worked and worked with the weapons in game. They are functioning better. I still have some work to do with them.

Replace the this file with your current file. I will animate the fences on the Oak without Flags soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/250yedorzwvalk5/UPDATED%20OAK%20FILES.zip?dl=0

Latest version works like a dream Admiral! Railings went down as soon as I spawned. I assume they stay up if no aircraft spawn?

Great work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Hey Admiral are you updating the main file as you make these changes as well? otherwise can I suggest linking the changes to the first post so we can keep track of whats changing.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Screen-200731-202922.png

Screen-200731-202932.png

couple shots in action

cw1.png

Thanks Guys! Good Point Shu! I can do that.. only thing i did with the main frame was animate the fences/flight deck nets, added the missing texture for the flight deck lines and animated the lua...

Today i will update the Original post with the latest version and make note of it.

USS Oak Hill Release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first Model but couldn't have been done with the assistance of Markindel, Hawkeye60, Joey45, Patrick and Silver Dragon. Hopefully, I included everyone. They all gave me the advice to make this possible. Thanks to you all!!

I'm still learning to model so this model isn't perfect by far. DCS World don't have enough ships for us Sailors so I will be adding more!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd4z16hggabw0yl/USS%20OAK%20DCS%20FILES.zip?dl=0

Updates to original files: Please replace the original EDM and texture files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/91e27apkcicajed/UPDATED%20Oak%20Files.zip?dl=0

kVJc3Q4P

47Mb9j1X

zVwKzy4z

SjSJ6gPh

Hi Admiral189 the Link is down. Please upload again.