fences and walls stop tanks since 2.5.5

Auntystatic

Tanks can no longer crash through fences and walls they have to go around since last update 2.5.5, this was on Persian gulf map, I will test the other maps later.

edit: in caucuses tanks can still go through fences.

They have also been stopped by small bushes, small trees and lamp posts which they should just be able to smash down really :cry:

Edited by Auntystatic
  • Like 2

Tanks can no longer crash through fences and walls they have to go around since last update 2.5.5, this was on Persian gulf map, I will test the other maps later.

edit: in caucuses tanks can still go through fences.

They have also been stopped by small bushes, small trees and lamp posts which they should just be able to smash down really :cry:

Yep just confirmed this, recorded TRACK ATTACHED

Tried to punch thru brick wall , nope, took control of tank in CA and fired several rounds at wall ...... and it caught fire?????

pg_tank_wall_bug.zip

• Like 1

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

it is directive from high command for ground forces to not do any colateral damage.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 2 years later...

Just brought the Syria and Gulf maps for my combined arms and I am gutted that tanks can not knock down trees or walls. if my tank clips 1 leaf from a tree it stops the tank dead in its tracks so this make moving through Orchards or Olive groves pointless. Please reduce the hit boxes to a thin line up the trunk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My DCS World

Yeah I don't think any of the maps have damage models for ground vehicles, but they absolutely should. I am hoping that this is one of the things on the to-do-list.

And it makes me wonder how much this issue contributes/plays into the various path-finding issues that exist. Most armored vehicles, both WWII and modern, could knock down even large trees, or smash through wood/brick homes. If this was modeled in DCS World, then you would think that path-finding would be simplified somewhat as they would have to reroute around fewer objects. 

• Like 2

It is a real shame as I do not know anyone who can drive in a city with out hitting something and stopping them dead. I do not care if just for starters they removed all hitboxes from trees and bushes at least we could make decent tank battles that are not just in an open desert so you do not have to worry abut hitting anything

• Thanks 1

My DCS World

20 hours ago, HideousAssassin said:

It is a real shame as I do not know anyone who can drive in a city with out hitting something and stopping them dead. I do not care if just for starters they removed all hitboxes from trees and bushes at least we could make decent tank battles that are not just in an open desert so you do not have to worry abut hitting anything

I am not really sure what the problem is because I noticed that I can drive right through some trees/bushes/buildings, while others I can't. The shame is the Normandy map just got an update for tree visuals not long ago, but nothing in terms of its interaction with ground vehicles. Things like grown blast effects/explosions and trees/buildings falling over/crumbling when hit by a 40 ton armored vehicle need to be reviewed.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...