MiG-19P Farmer "B" Status

Zeus67

As long as you tune the radio of the MiG-21 to the same frequency as the MiG-19, you won't have any problems.

Really? And what if they have different radio systems that work on different frequencies? How will they tune to the same frequency? Hence my question...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

As long as its better usable than the one from the mig15 i am happy. Operating the mig15 radio while you are flying around is such a pita. :)

I could only find this picture of the RSIU-4V. But for me it looks like you can't choose frequencies on your own. So i assume there will be hardcoded channel frequencies like with the mig21. Hopefully we will get the same frequencies for the same channels in the same era aircraft. :)

0563_p_R-801_popis__.jpg

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

for me it looks like you can't choose frequencies on your own. So i assume there will be hardcoded channel frequencies like with the mig21. Hopefully we will get the same frequencies for the same channels in the same era aircraft.

The DCS MiG-21 radio is a piece of fantasy, but the RSIU-4V can take up to 6 predetermined frequencies from a total of 601 out of the 100-150Mhz range. It is comparable to the stepped frequency approach of the MiG-15's RSI-6, but instead of having to manually select the correct frequency, the RSIU-4 can save 6 frequencies. It also has an "intermediate frequency" within the MiG-15 bandwidth, but I don't have sufficient knowledge about radios to know what that means in practice.

The DCS MiG-21 radio is a piece of fantasy, but the RSIU-4V can take up to 6 predetermined frequencies from a total of 601 out of the 100-150Mhz range. It is comparable to the stepped frequency approach of the MiG-15's RSI-6, but instead of having to manually select the correct frequency, the RSIU-4 can save 6 frequencies. It also has an "intermediate frequency" within the MiG-15 bandwidth, but I don't have sufficient knowledge about radios to know what that means in practice.

That's interesting, so anything in the 200-299Mhz band is off-limits?

Edited by Auditor

• 2 weeks later...
Status don’t seem to progress much lately, is it still up to date?

The thread is barely a month old, cut them some slack.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

The thread is barely a month old, cut them some slack.

The OP has been edited 1.5 weeks ago - I suppose that's when it has been updated (couldn't really count on that though). Consider that in the 2010's many software teams have been working in 2 week iterations internally - ie. they don't necessarily even assess the progress of their tasks in any way more often than that. Interestingly the release cycle in DCS is also 2 weeks (at the minimum). And also that the median module takes what, perhaps 3 or 4 years to develop if not longer? If you are a customer in DCS you need a lot of patience.

It's interesting to see RAZBAM stepping up its act, at least they aim to have very good communications with the player base. Will see how the interaction with the community develops, at least this level of transparency is beyond the norm for DCS. I know a bunch of players are taking note and following closely what RAZBAM is doing currently.

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

New updates on first post.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

New updates on first post.

Awesome thanks! :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Very much appreciated! I can only repeat myself and express my gratitude on how you guys keep us always up to date with any information regarding the MiG-19. If you do that with all the future modules as well, then well... no words :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

New updates folks.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

New updates folks.

"Canopy frosting over if cockpit temperature too low."

That sounds interesting, is this a graphical effect of the canopy glass becoming more opaque over time?

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52