Dead MiGs

Mike Busutil

While we wait for the LS MiG-21 I thought I would share some of my pictures I took of some dead Iraqi MiG's and other aircraft. I did a deployment in 2006 to Habbaniyah Iraq. (Approximately 10 miles west of Fallujah)

UbcYghJ.jpg

ujewZHU.jpg

f5G8gCu.jpg

oiO87GY.jpg

Bullet holes...

hNpCn3V.jpg

QhSmXwN.jpg

9p67BKy.jpg

Two seater

JlaxiHm.jpg

Front cockpit

DIqC3fI.jpg

GOGGEMx.jpg

xRY842E.jpg

lrwUJkS.jpg

wQmulVZ.jpg

87nBHKd.jpg

I took a mach gauge from this MiG-21 to bring home and have in my office. But when I left Iraq "they" told me I was not allowed to keep it as it was a "prize of war" or something like that. They kept it during my packout... Too bad because that would of been really cool to have.

78Gnyh2.jpg

Great pictures, I would've tried to snag a souvenir from one of them.

I took a mach gauge from the Black MiG-21 to bring home and have in my office. But when I left Iraq "they" told me I was not allowed to keep it as it was a "prize of war" or something like that. They kept it during my packout... Too bad because that would of been really cool to have.

There is something in these pictures that makes me go bit sad. Maybe its just to see fighter aircrafts in so bad shape just left to open for ever.

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beautiful pics but heartbreaking to see state those birds came to. The Vampire pic is amazing, bomb still attached - I assume it's a training round.

In the Tucson boneyard, just browsing the pics on google, look what I found:

They certainly look like F15s to me :cry:

1375824228_tucson-arizona-boneyard.jpg

Edited by stokerel

"ROSEBUD".

You owe me a new keyboard. :D

LOL I loved that one as well.

I took a mach gauge from the Black MiG-21 to bring home and have in my office. But when I left Iraq "they" told me I was not allowed to keep it as it was a "prize of war" or something like that. They kept it during my packout... Too bad because that would of been really cool to have.

WWII we had soldiers bringing back Lugers, these days you can't even bring home a fountain pen you found on the ground.:doh: It isn't like you were walking away with Babylonian pottery, shame they didn't let you keep the gauge.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

WWII we had soldiers bringing back Lugers, these days you can't even bring home a fountain pen you found on the ground.:doh: It isn't like you were walking away with Babylonian pottery, shame they didn't let you keep the gauge.

In Vietnam, I've read at least one account of how official regulations allowed anything up to an SKS rifle to be sent home by mail.

someone cut a canopy section and ship it back to me on a palet? lol..

So when I fly DCS MIG-21 I can sit in the mig pit complete with closing canopy,:music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Get hooked up with some local, I doubt he'd mind making a hundred bucks (probably a months worth of salary) or so by dismantling part of what he considers to be trash in his backyard. :P

Haukka81,

Wanna see something real sad....look this up....Images for air force boneyard Tucson .

All our tax dollars and if you want something there you have to buy it...nothing is given away....errr except to movie studios.

Lazduc

There's a few latex'd F-16's in there that were destined for NZ back in early 2000. But we put a woman in charge of the country and that was that really.

Sad

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908