MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

Hello,

glad to hear that it works for you, thank you for your purchase and support !

Still working on improvements and fixes.

Regards,

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

OK, I'm having troubles getting desktop app to work. First of all, it completely fails at discovering the tablets and if I enter the IP manually, it gets forgotten the next time I launch the app.

Second of all, it keeps crashing and reloading to default state in the monitor editor

Are you planning to add the MiG-21 radar screen?

I will look if it is possible to export Mig-21 radar screen from DCS World, and if yes, I will add it to aInstruments

Edited by colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

OK, I'm having troubles getting desktop app to work. First of all, it completely fails at discovering the tablets and if I enter the IP manually, it gets forgotten the next time I launch the app.

Second of all, it keeps crashing and reloading to default state in the monitor editor

Thanx for feedback,

- please can you send me debug.txt and error.txt file to appsupport@lumatek.sk ?

I will try to fix it.

On the connection subject posted above, I found that if you enter the IP, s manually running as administrator it will sort of connect on the initial boot up of pc. Then restart the apps on tablets and run the pc program "not" in administrator mode that it will automatically discover the tablets in most cases.

sometimes you have to close apps on tablets and on the pc and start over. Once it does connect it works well. It is temperamental on connecting! But after a reboot you have to start over! FWIW

I hope I haven't confused anyone.

Asus G11CD I7-6700 3.4GHz, DDR4 32GB, GTX1660TI,1TB SSD, 55 inch Vizio 4K TV, Logitech X56 controllers, Logitech Rudder Pedals, TrackHat, DSD Series – FL2 Switch controller, Monect PC Remote, and AInstruments on Android tablets

Hi, here are some notes regarding aInstruments:

Admin mode should be used only if changing configuration of DCS World:

1. when you change instruments coordinates or monitor(s) configuration

2. when you need to export instruments (i.e. when you don't see instrument on monitor)

After change close aInstruments on desktop and run aInstruments in normal mode. Admin mode is not intended as play mode.

If you connect tablet(s) with desktop automatically:

1. make sure that desktop app and tablet app are closed (really closed not just minimized)

2. run app on tablet(s)

3. run desktop app

If you connect manually - then it is reversed !

1. make sure that desktop app and tablet app are closed (really closed not just minimized)

2. run desktop app

3. run app on tablet(s)

4. click from autodiscover to manual button on desktop fill IP address(es) of tablet(s) and click "Set IP"

Thanks, Colo, that makes more sense than what I was doing. Great clarification!

Asus G11CD I7-6700 3.4GHz, DDR4 32GB, GTX1660TI,1TB SSD, 55 inch Vizio 4K TV, Logitech X56 controllers, Logitech Rudder Pedals, TrackHat, DSD Series – FL2 Switch controller, Monect PC Remote, and AInstruments on Android tablets

Hi,

new version 1.9 is out (can take some time to be visible on Google Play):

- added rotation of single instruments top/left/right/down

- tuned visual area of all instruments

- fixed hornet AMPCD logic

- fixed hornet AMPCD buttons

- fixed non-working buttons after returning from CDU/Abris/ViggenNav

Please see manual page 4 for more info.

colo

Hello Colo,

I've just bought you application because it seems really interesting and I need a third MFD to manage the FA-18C AMPCD (I've got 2 Thrusmaster Cougar MFD)

There seems to be a problem because I can't install your application on my Android device (It is said that it is compatible with my device) It says that I must wait and that this application will be available soon. I hope it's only a transaction problem and that I will soon be able to use your great App :thumbup:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Hello PB0_CEF,

sorry for inconveniences.

I have checked your transactions -

1st payed at 6:11 PM - this one was successful

2nd payed at 6:17 PM - this one was declined

Please note that payment is fully managed by Google Play store, I have no influence on payment realization, i just see if it was successful.

Please try to restart your phone/tablet and try run app again.

You can refund app anytime within 2 hours time window.

If you have any difficulties to run app later, I can refund your transaction anytime, please just let me know.

Thank you !

Regards,

colo

I was able to load and launch aInstruments on my Android device today :)

I configured my monitor to have the FA-18C AMPCD on my second monitor : this works very well.

My problem is that my Android device is not showing this part of my 2nd monitor but stay on the upperleft of my first monitor so I'm not able to show my AMPCD on it :(

How can I tell to my android device to "look" at the good coordinates ? It is well detected by PC server...

An other problem I discovered :

If I close the PC server and open it (admin or not) again it is not anymore possible to find my android device :( (auto or manual with IP)

I have to delete ainstruments folder and then use cut/past the loaded version again then it discovered my android device. I tryed to open server before or after android device but no go ...

• 2 weeks later...

How can I tell to my android device to "look" at the good coordinates ? It is well detected by PC server...

Hello,

sorry for the delay,

I don't receive notice from this forum about new article in this thread as usually..

Android device doesn't look for specific coordinates - it just receives picture from aInstruments server(desktop) part.

So to adjust transferred picture coordinates, just set up X,Y, width, height coordinates in AMPCD fields on server(desktop) app and click "Save instruments position..."

If you have any troubles with setup, please just send me description of your monitor(s) setup and debug.txt file to appsupport@lumatek.sk and I will send you preconfigured config file.

Regards,

colo

An other problem I discovered :

If I close the PC server and open it (admin or not) again it is not anymore possible to find my android device :( (auto or manual with IP)

I have to delete ainstruments folder and then use cut/past the loaded version again then it discovered my android device. I tryed to open server before or after android device but no go ...

If you have dynamic DHCP IP address on your android device, then you must close android app (really close not just minimize) and then start aInstruments server again.

aInstrumenst server sends discovery packets, which android device catches.

If you have static IP address on Android device then, after closing and restarting aInstruments server, client should connect to server automatically.

Hi,

working hard to release 2.0 today / tommorrow

1. yes, you will be able to rotate UFC instrument

2. next version 2.1 will be focused on improving current functions and bugfix

Hi,

new version 2.0 is out - as always, download server part from lumatek.sk website and client part from Google play

Changelog:

- added Hornet and Harrier UFC

- added playscreen area config to desktop app

- improved keybinding warning messages

- improved picture quality for CDU and UFCs instruments

- fixed wrong instruments swiping on hornet

- fixed instrument export warning messages

- fixed maximum CDU height in GUI config

- fixed wrong labels placement in GUI config

Please note that if you want to use Hornet and Harrier UFC you must re-run aInstruments in admin mode and:

- push button "Export instruments..." to UFCs be visible on monitor(it take the same place as A-10 CDU)

- push button "Add keybindings..." to insert new UFCs keymappings into DCSworld

More info on manual pages 6,12 and 13.

As the code has bloated and more instruments and functions become available, the next version 2.1 will be focused on code tuning and bugfixing.

Thanx

colo

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell me how to configure this with 2 monitors?

I have tried the autoconfig, it detects both monitors, but says the play area is just the one from the main monitor (3440x1440) and it doesn't allow me to move the mfds to the secondary monitor.

I have tried manual but to no avail.

Hi

sorry for inconveniences

it doesn't allow me to move the mfds to the secondary monitor
please note that while dragging instruments to monitor they cannot touch each other - if yes, they return back

Please send me your monitors geometry - resolution and placement (left/right or top/bottom) to appsupport@lumatek.sk or here, and I will send you description how to fill resolutions.

regards,

colo

Hi,

new version 2.1 is out:

- added F-18 Hornet JDAM auto inserting coordinates from map for JDAM bombs on MDIs/AMPCD (manual pages 5-6)

- added possibility to specify map coordinates in config.txt file (see page 5)

- improved auto waypoint entering for F-18 (now on any MDIs/AMPCD)

- improved reliability of switching instruments rotation (slower but more reliable)

- improved reliability of AC switching (slower but more reliable)

- fix - auto waypoint not working in Nevada map

- fix - adding of waypoint not working on specific condition

- fix - not able to see Harrier MPCDs (buttons remapped - on desktop you must push "Add keybindings..." to remap buttons)

- fix - not able to switch to viggen

- fix - not showing name of the instrument after switching from/to UFC

- fix - sending of kneepad pages blocks server status window

- fix - A-10C CDU position shifted 10 pixels to left on screen (this is A10C module bug) - corrected by template

Here is video showing using aInstruments for entering coords for 4 JDAMs (you can turn on captions for info)

Edited by colo

Showing improved JDAM accuracy (direct hits) if precision GPS LAT/LON coordinates was entered - will be supported in aInstruments version 2.2

Hi,

new version 2.2 of aInstruments is out:

- added precision MGRS coordinates auto inserting for JDAM (see manual pages 5,6)

- added speed of dialing coordinates on UFC as parameter to config

- added view only mode (frameless) for MFCD/MPCD/MDI/AMPCD (see manual page 7)

- fixed network autodiscover with more than 1 NICs on some systems