MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

Hi

new version 1.7 is out (may take some time to be visible on Google Play)

Changelog:

- added SAMs threat pages (list between SAMs, sort them and access info subpages) Please see more info in manual on page 4

- added version check match between PC and Android app

- fixed crash when instruments buttons were pressed without connection

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aInstruments 1.8 preview

Hi

showing upcoming version 1.8 - autotransfer of map object coordinates into current Hornet waypoint

Just stop mouse over object on map and tap on tablet (you will be switched back to cockpit

and coordinates with elevation will be inserted into current waypoint selected on Hornet AMPCD)

Imperial and metric coordinates supported.

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Hello ! Thanks ! Really nice !

May it be possible to have multiple folder for kneeboard ? One for each plane ? Should allow to have specific kneeboard :)

Also, do you know when you'll be able to authorize 2xMFD side by side in landscape mode ?

Thanks !

Have a nice day.

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

Hallo and thanx for feedback !

here is roadmap for upcoming two weeks:

1. in version 1.8 - autotransfer of map object coordinates into current Hornet waypoint

2. in version 1.9 - side by side 2 MFCDs (it's currently in half stage of implementation - it requires changes on client and server, because of tagging frames (to differentiate which MFD is left/right when sending from desktop to tablet), also requires changes of logic between instruments swapping)

After that, probably in version 2.0 - Hornet UFC

Have a nice day !

colo

May it be possible to have multiple folder for kneeboard ? One for each plane ? Should allow to have specific kneeboard :)

Yes, upgrade of kneepad logic is planned,

kneepad pages will be automatically extracted from DCS profile on per-AC basis

(so no copy from DCS profile to aInstruments folder will be required)

Will be implemented after 1.9 or 2.0

Hi,

sorry no trial is available.

Currently only basic kneepad is implemented (i.e. you copy your kneeboard image pages to subfolder of desktop part of app) and then if you double tap on tablet, these pages are displayed on tablet and you can swipe left/right between them.

Advanced kneepad with different AC support with auto extract from DCS is planned in version 1.9 or 2.0 (will be released till end of February)

After that (also in February) I plan to publish video which will show all features of aInstruments.

Today/tomorrow version 1.8 will be released with 2 new features:

- automatic transfer of coordinates from map to hornet waypoint via UFC

- dual MFCD support for A10C, Hornet and Harrier

colo

As you are looking at kneepads, could you implement some sort of sections? Like a section for airport charts, aircraft specfic, air charts, mission specific, user specofic. Also it may be worth seeing if you can use the updated airport charts that lotatc makes use of.

Yes, i can implement sorting/categorization of pages.

Can you please provide me more info or link to "lotatc updated airport charts" ?

I will look at it.

Hi,

new version 1.8 is out (may take some time to be visible on Google Play)

- added dual mfcd/mdi/mpcd support for A-10C, F/A-18C Hornet, AV-8B Harrier

- added automatic waypoint adding for Hornet, created from map coordinates

Please see updated manual - page numbers 4 and 5

Thanx

colo

yes i will implement it also for Harrier to the end of February

Current roadmap:

- single instrument orientation changing (portrait/landscape)

- auto waypoint entry from map for Harrier via UFC

- UFC for Hornet

yes i will implement it also for Harrier to the end of February

Current roadmap:

- single instrument orientation changing (portrait/landscape)

- auto waypoint entry from map for Harrier via UFC

- UFC for Hornet

Hello Colo ! Just tried this update and I have a problem. The screen on the tablet is flickering and do not display the MFDs data. I can only see my "view" (which is moving with my head).

Also, when checking the dual MFD checkbox, nothing change on the table (only 1 MFD art).

I have no error and config file seems good.

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

Hello

it seems that you not copy config.txt from older version

to new version on desktop - so coordinates of instruments

doesn't match.

Hello,

thank you for feedback

Currently I am implementing single instrument rotation with another method

so I will test it also as alternative rotation method for dual mode which should works also on older tablets

Hello,

Installed yesterday, running with 3 monitors and 2 tablets both Android 5. Works well. Took a test flight with AV8BNA and managed to slew TV and TPOD and use MFD buttons AOK. Thanks for all your hard work!

Asus G11CD I7-6700 3.4GHz, DDR4 32GB, GTX1660TI,1TB SSD, 55 inch Vizio 4K TV, Logitech X56 controllers, Logitech Rudder Pedals, TrackHat, DSD Series – FL2 Switch controller, Monect PC Remote, and AInstruments on Android tablets