Potentiometer and Leobodnar BU0836X

Hi,

I try to find some answers on the forum but nothing clear.

Here is my problem: i bought Leobodnar BU0836X, all is fine with push buttons, but when i try to use pot i don't know how to set DCS world controller other than axis.

For example, i use M2000 on DCS, i'm able to set emergency throttle, but when i try to set all potentiometers of the lights panel i can't find how to do. There is 2 separate commands, one for increase and one for decrease, bindable on push buttons.

Someone know how to do this tricks?

thx for help ;)

Hi,

I try to find some answers on the forum but nothing clear.

Here is my problem: i bought Leobodnar BU0836X, all is fine with push buttons, but when i try to use pot i don't know how to set DCS world controller other than axis.

For example, i use M2000 on DCS, i'm able to set emergency throttle, but when i try to set all potentiometers of the lights panel i can't find how to do. There is 2 separate commands, one for increase and one for decrease, bindable on push buttons.

Someone know how to do this tricks?

thx for help ;)

I'm not familiar with the DCS module you are using but it sounds like you need to use a rotary encoder. They work easily with the Bodnar board.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Thx for answer, i already try rotary encoder, with leobodnar software, but on DCS, rotary work like 2 push buttons, one when you turn left and one when you turn right, in application with lights panel, it result in Light/No Light :-/

I certainly was able to use pots for lights/ volumes, buttons for switches and buttons and encoders for analogue axis like radios without issue for my A-10C pit with a Bodnar X board.

Have you tried in Control settings or windows game controller to see if they are working? Or are you not looking in the Axis settings in Control Settings maybe (should be the first on the list)?

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I did some tests:

With rotary encoder --> if DCS command is design for rotary, all is fine, example:

mini_180621062735147934.png

we can see, both commands are config to increase/decrease value

and now for lights panel:

mini_180621063034860437.png

it's like max, middle, min or nothing (each one need a shortkey), won't work like pot who gradually increase/drecrease value

I verified my X board's control setting and works good. Pot work fine too, i just can't setup in DCS commands (only work with axis command)

mini_180621064837787302.png

Edited by Blbo

This device accepts 8 potentiometers. Thre are eight sets of 3-pin connectors. The two ends go to the extreme ends of the pot and the centre to the slider.

If I remember correctly they are all labelled. All of the other pins are numbered 1 to 32.

Let me know if you need any more, and I will unearth one from my set-up and send a photograph.

My pot work correctly on windows game controller, like Seb said, pot is an axis and that's why i'm not able to use lights panel with it.

In DCS commands, lights are not design for pot, like i said earlier, lights commands are MAX MIDDLE MIN or OFF,

BUT, in game, in the M2000 cockpit, the lights panel is composed of several potentiometers. That's the problem and cant find a solution, maybe editing .lua?

mini_180621071829452748.png

Edited by Blbo

My pot work correctly on windows game controller, like Seb said, pot is an axis and that's why i'm not able to use lights panel with it.

In DCS commands, lights are not design for pot, like i said earlier, lights commands are MAX MIDDLE MIN or OFF,

BUT, in game, in the M2000 cockpit, the lights panel is composed of several potentiometers. That's the problem and cant find a solution, maybe editing .lua?

mini_180621071829452748.png

Hi I was wondering on the Leobodnar BU0836X is there a way to adjust the amount of time the encoder fires.

Example I built a radio panel with 6 encoders with MMJoy to be able to change the freq on the a10c radios I placed 6 encoders with 20 detents for one full revolution of the encoder. Every click was one button press. So to change freq on radio I had to adjust the millseconds for one click for one number on the radio. At first the it fired too fast at around 30 milliseconds it took 2 or 3 clicks to move one number then i adjusted it to 100 milliseconds and it held the button to long it rotated the radio to many numbers with one click. It might be timing on the encoder. I have never used Leobodnar BU0836X boards just a thoguht.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and now for lights panel:

mini_180621063034860437.png

it's like max, middle, min or nothing (each one need a shortkey), won't work like pot who gradually increase/drecrease value

For this case better use a multi position rotary switch, each position wired in one button input in Bodnar board. E.g.

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/switches/rotary-switches/200?utm_adgroup=Switches&slid=&gclid=CjwKCAjwma3ZBRBwEiwA-CsblBVBSsaL3TFUXYmCvLm-54sKgBxpC4d80A0ptFxT18cVF44lp0ZxhRoClokQAvD_BwE

Can use a potentiomter (analog axis) but need use a soft for convert this axis in bands and then assign key press for each band - because the plane controls options in DCS don't support axis for this commands (lights). Try with Joystick Gremlin.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Regarding 'press time' for a Bodnar board encoder. There is a specific driver available for download from the Bodnar site. This allows pairs of switches to be allocated as an encoder and timings to be set.

added axis commands for interior lights

I don't fly the M2000 but I have the module, and I was curious so I tried to add the axis commands for the interior lights using information from "clickabledata.lua". I had never done this before, and for most modules it will probably not work. But it does work for the Mirage. I added 5 lines to the file "default.lua" under "...\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Input\M-2000C\joystick"

-- added HWF
{action = 3639,    cockpit_device_id = 16, name = _('Dashboard U.V. Lights Knob')},
{action = 3640,    cockpit_device_id = 16, name = _('Dashboard Panel Lights Knob')},
{action = 3641,    cockpit_device_id = 16, name = _('Red Flood Lights Knob')},
{action = 3642,    cockpit_device_id = 16, name = _('Console Panel Lights Knob')},
{action = 3644,    cockpit_device_id = 16, name = _('White Flood Lights Knob')},

These lines must be added near the end of the default.lua just above the line that reads "}) return res". Note: the line "-- added HWF" is just a comment reminding me that I added the following lines.

This adds 5 new commands under "Axis commands". I had to tick "Invert" to make them work with the slider on my throttle (I don't have the luxury of 6 pot inputs).

Unfortunately only the upper 50% of the slider movement turn the knobs from OFF to FULL; but for the lights that is not much of a problem I think.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hi! Same solution here, found yesterday by Ergo,

thx LeCuvier!

currently, i try to find how can i create commands who increase/decrease value (2 keys binding),

i test this:

{pressed = 3616, cockpit_device_id = 24, value_pressed = -0.05, name = _('Frequency Change Whole Decrease'), category = _('vorils')},

{pressed = 3616, cockpit_device_id = 24, value_pressed = 0.05, name = _('Frequency Change Whole Increase'), category = _('vorils')},

who command Frequency Change Whole

but the result isn't good, VOR value increase/decrease by one unit, one time only, no more.

When i push the shortkey, I would like VOR value drop each time by one unit :doh:

en francais: http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=286&t=201662&p=1664286#p1664286

Thx guys ;)

Hi! Same solution here, found yesterday by Ergo,

thx LeCuvier!

currently, i try to find how can i create commands who increase/decrease value (2 keys binding),

i test this:

{pressed = 3616, cockpit_device_id = 24, value_pressed = -0.05, name = _('Frequency Change Whole Decrease'), category = _('vorils')},

{pressed = 3616, cockpit_device_id = 24, value_pressed = 0.05, name = _('Frequency Change Whole Increase'), category = _('vorils')},

who command Frequency Change Whole

but the result isn't good, VOR value increase/decrease by one unit, one time only, no more.

When i push the shortkey, I would like VOR value drop each time by one unit :doh:

en francais: http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=286&t=201662&p=1664286#p1664286

Thx guys ;)

Command 3616 is the cockpit switch which delivers a command value depending on the new switch position. What you want is a command that increments/decrements the switch position and unfortunately I do't see a solution to achieve that.

Unfortunately RAZBAM has not done a good job in this case. They should provide, for all multiposition switches, command options for INCR/DECR resp. CW/CCW.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 5 months later...
Unfortunately only the upper 50% of the slider movement turn the knobs from OFF to FULL; but for the lights that is not much of a problem I think.

Up! I found a solution to solve half potentiometer useless, really idiot but it works:

simple and efficient

1544397238-config-axe-dcs-100-potentiometre.png

Your welcome :D

Up! I found a solution to solve half potentiometer useless, really idiot but it works:

simple and efficient

1544397238-config-axe-dcs-100-potentiometre.png

Your welcome :D

I use the same approach for the trim axis of the Bf-109. It's disgusting though that ED never corrects these bugs!

LeCuvier