Bright red textures are pixelated

Nealius

Someone mentioned it in the P-51D forums, but I noticed it's affecting almost all aircraft. At a certain distance, bright red colors in the cockpit or on the exterior of the aircraft become awfully pixelated, like a horribly compressed JPEG. Darker shades of red seem unaffected. Zooming in sometimes eliminates the pixelation, but not always. I'm not sure when it first appeared, as I'm just now noticing it, but I don't recall seeing it during the earlier 2.5.2 hotfixes.

Oh! Yes! I've seen this too. I thought somehow my graphics card's failure or I've changed something...

Yes, I see this in especially P-51D cockpit.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 weeks later...

Still there after the last patch? Is this bug is under investigation or not at all?

Thank you!

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

• 2 weeks later...

Bug still exists in today's OB patch. It is engine-wide, across all modules that I currently own and was able to test.. Client integrity was checked, fxo and metashaders folders were deleted and recreated directly before these were taken, no mods or non-standard textures are in use.

Since the attachment limit seems to be three for this post, I've uploaded a selection of three; the imgur album with all of my collected and labeled screenshots can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/Jxzi8eN

The raw screenshots can be provided if necessary.

Please note that the highlighted areas are simply where the bug is most visible, not the only areas affected. In modules where the cockpit is not included, it's because the colors are weathered/muted enough to avoid the bug, most notably Razbam's Mirage and Harrier cockpits. Again, not that the bug isn't present at all, but too difficult to see.

Red is the most prominently glitched color, but if you will observe the Su-27 screenshot, sufficiently bright blue will also reproduce it.

I hope this information is in some way helpful.

mig_29_1.thumb.png.7d411a4216628c49331177973439bdcd.png

mig_21_1.thumb.png.219dbbeed4070d7c0261658a00cb1d67.png

f_5_2.thumb.png.156fe6f2ad610b65ee37521c2e478b29.png

A lot of older skins/textures will need to be updated to the new standard - it will take a while, and while it's a bit ugly it's not critical.

Patience.

It's not a Livery Issue.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Don't tease...what''s causing it?

It's probably easier to rule things out one by one as reports come in. In this case, since things that aren't aircraft, like taxi signs, are affected, aircraft liveries wouldn't seem to be the problem.

What I find really interesting, and potentially useful, is that in my last screenshot in the album, the red from a taxi sign seems to be 'bleeding' around the edges of a bush. I don't know exactly how DCS's rendering pipeline works, so I won't make any conjecture aside from pointing it out as very strange.

I noticed that in the recent MiG-29 trailer, the red textures had been fixed on whatever build was used for the filming of that footage. The question is, why has that fix not been released?

The Fulcrum screenshots on the DCS website, which are probably taken at the same time the video was recorded, still show pixelated edges.

YouTube is just fooling your eyes..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...