Getting my first Trackir 5 tomorrow (probably)

wizav

The headtracking really changes your game immersion, its just behind the Hotas in gameplay importance. Here is a good video to help you adjust the software:

TASEXUd4Oto

I know that the video is kind of old, but the principled havent change too much and the explanations of Gerry are so clear that its a joy to watch :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

"Different" at first, as it requires quite a few hours to get used to completely new input mechanics (not to mention creating/tweaking your setup), might be even a bit difficult and cause light nausea.

"Much better" later.

As soon as you run it the first time, don't forget to reassign default center, pause and precision mode keys to something else than default. By default they're binded to some function or numerical keys (don't remember now), which causes conflict with DCS radio commands.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Should I be hyped?

Is experience much better or different?

xD

You should be hyped. It is really a great experience. It just takes a little bit to get used to.

There are bunch of tutorials on youtube to help you out. But the biggest thing is to make sure there is no major light spillage onto the sensor. For instance where mine is currently setup in my office which is joined by the kitchen. When ever someone opens the fridge my tracking goes crazy :pilotfly: Just something to think about.

T-16000M FCS | Track IR5 | Quest 2 | ASROCK Z370 | i7-8700k | GTX1080-OC | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | OSX High Sierra for real work

Hack build

When ever someone opens the fridge my tracking goes crazy :pilotfly: Just something to think about.

Remove the lightbulb from the fridge. Problem solved. ;)

Seriously though. External light sources will really mess with TIR but aside from that it is an amazing device, especially if you have never used any type of head tracking.

Oh yes, Gerry's setup vid is probably the best one out there.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The headtracking really changes your game immersion, its just behind the Hotas in gameplay importance. Here is a good video to help you adjust the software:

TASEXUd4Oto

I know that the video is kind of old, but the principled havent change too much and the explanations of Gerry are so clear that its a joy to watch :)

hey thanx :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just got it..wow.. need to adopt a bit, got correct settings now tuning responsiveness...

Good.

Yup. It makes you wonder how you ever flew without it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Reflective things in view of the camera can mess with it too, so any shiny cups/glasses on the desk, pictures right behind you etc. I think the absolute ideal circumstances would be a matt dimly lit backdrop, so when I'm home it's full basement dweller mode.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64