Detail about Gazelle pedals question

TripRodriguez

Hey guys, I'm curious about the strange add on lower part on the anti-torque pedals in the Gazelle.

I would assume they are just for comfort or something but the way they are attached to the standard type upper part seems odd.

Anyone know anything about them?

Trip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Hey guys, I'm curious about the strange add on lower part on the anti-torque pedals in the Gazelle.

I would assume they are just for comfort or something but the way they are attached to the standard type upper part seems odd.

Anyone know anything about them?

Trip

If we are talking about the same thing, I think the lower part are the actual pedals, i.e. where you feet go. The upper part is just a bar from which the pedals hang. The Gazelle pedals are a hang down, So you fit your feet in between the upper and lower bars like a horse stirrup.

EDIT: I should point out that I have the pilots off, so have never actually seen how the foot/pedal placement is animated. I thus may be totally wrong about the above!

Edited by Bearfoot

• 3 months later...

Maybe they're "air brakes?" :-D

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Just a general design I believe, and 2-position adjustable for pilot comfort.

TR.jpg.9e3110ac17794176a3de0c3fb765b41a.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

you hook your feet under the bottom bar before you hit Turbo :lol:

attachment.php?attachmentid=164505&stc=1&d=1497906577

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Hey that is very interesting! Thanks for the answer. If I was still doing the Gazelle pit (switched to Huey) I'd have bought these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aerospatiale-Military-Helicopter-Aircraft-Cockpit-Rudder-Pedal-Set-/263049726299?hash=item3d3efc495b:g:gUEAAOSwopRYhpRr

Interestingly the lower cross bar seems much closer to the top one on these pedals than the Gazelle in-game model.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: