Early test of AV-8B Night Attack for DCS.

Zeus67

The Basic HUD is nearly complete for both NAV and VSTOL modes. Further work must wait until the EFM is more advanced since the HUD requires certain parameters that must be fed by the EFM.

VSTOL mode: This mode is used when most of the lift is generated by the engines instead of the wings. It provides very useful data like engine RPM, Jet Tail Pipe Temperature, nozzle orientation and flaps deployment. All this is very important information that you need to stay alive while in jet borne operations. Remember, this aircraft is actively trying to kill you.

NAV mode: Default mode used for non combat flying.

Flaps are automatic so you do not have a flap handle but a switch that changes flaps operation:

CRUISE - Basically for flying. Flaps remain at a fixed position

AUTO - A compromise between CRUISE and STOL. Flaps move depending on aircraft configuration.

STOL - The main mode for jet borne operation (VSTOL). With the flaps in VSTOL mode, they move automatically based on nozzle orientation. (check the VSTOL HUD).

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, this aircraft is actively trying to kill you.

I feel this way about several aircraft at times.:joystick:

Day 1 purchase indeed. This is one of my dream DCS birds. Thanks for sharing more of your production process with us Zeus67. It is really appreciated very much I know by all. :thumbup:

is it still WIP or why is the FPM always so high up that you get a negative aoa?

It is not even an Alpha. Development has just started. Everything is just basic or placeholder.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

according to video, this plane hovers better than huey :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Incredible to see this bird in DCS, It just looks fabulous.

Really looking forward to trying the vertical take off and landing in DCS world.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

When I was first playing flight sims in the early 90s I could only dream of getting aircraft modelled to this level of detail. But there are 4 aircraft that I have wanted more than any other.

1 the Spitfire

2 the Tomcat

3 a harrier

& 4 a Tornado.

One is here and two are on the way and it's a dream come true. I'm also so impressed with Razbams work they have made me a Mirage 2000 fan, and have shown beyond doubt they are capable of producing high quality aircraft for DCS.

It just leaves the Tornado. One day I long for a Tornado.

The Harrier is looking wonderful guys.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

OMG It's ALIVE!!, reminds me of a new borne foal taking there first wobbly steps

Great job RAZBAM, I know it is early but I cannnot wait. Don't be afraid to post more videos like this :thumbup: even though grifers exist.

Edited by Goldsmack

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

Is it possible to have a plus version on future?

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00LD utilizzando Tapatalk

This post should be sticky :smilewink:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2680205&postcount=14

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I think they have confirmed that other versions will be made once ED release the ground radar code they're working on. I imagine it'll be released in tandem with the F/A-18C.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

• 2 weeks later...

First flying test of the MPCD. They are very wip but we wanted to test the EHSD compass rose and MPCD page navigation while on flight.

Awesome Zeus67. Looking real good and thank you very much for sharing more of it's progress. You guys stand alone in your community interaction approach. It is very much appreciated. Thank you for setting such a high standard to your approach.