After the Tomcat?

carss

I don't think there are enough differences between the air force and the navy version to justify making another module when ED have mentioned that they are making the F-4E. I just hope that they will include a navy version as well.

Well, the radar on the F-4J/S was a bigger and much more capable set (with PD) than the one on the F-4E and the VTAS HMS might be interesting. Unfortunately it didn't support guided A2G weapons IIRC, but at least it had the same bombing set as the USAF F-4's (unlike the earlier Navy variants).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Well, the radar on the F-4J/S was a bigger and much more capable set (with PD) than the one on the F-4E and the VTAS HMS might be interesting. Unfortunately it didn't support guided A2G weapons IIRC, but at least it had the same bombing set as the USAF F-4's (unlike the earlier Navy variants).

I don't know if that's enough to justify Heatblur having to do the visuals and the flight model of the Phantom when ED has already said they are going to make them. I do get your point though and I would love to see Heatblur make a navy version of the Phantom if ED doesn't make one, especially considering it was originally developed for the navy.

As interesting as a F-117 might sound, it would probably be one of the more boring modules in the game. Unlike other DCS aircraft you are basically limited to one role dropping either LGBs or JDAMs of which you can carry 2. That said I'd still consider getting it, I just wouldn't recommend it over some of the other A/C we have in DCS.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

As interesting as civilian aircraft might sound, it would probably be one of the more boring products in the flight simulation software industry...

- MS flight simulator

- FSX

- P3D

- X-plane

- ... ... ...

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea, that's why I play DCS instead of other flight sims.

It's almost like the concept of "fun" is subjective.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

As interesting as civilian aircraft might sound, it would probably be one of the more boring products in the flight simulation software industry...

- MS flight simulator

- FSX

- P3D

- X-plane

- ... ... ...

Yup!

First of all, it's one of the most if not the most iconic A/C (with the Tornado) that is not in development right with the Viper, Phantom, Tomcat, Hornet and Strike Eagle all actively pursuit. Second, every pure bomber is limited in it's operational role, but that doesn't mean flying it would be boring and further more it doesn't mean it's easy or boring to operate it. You'll have enough to do to fly the Goblin precisely according to flight plan, acquire your target and stay within the parameters for a succesfull drop and egress.

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

If the stealth characteristics of the F-117 could be accurately simulated, it'd be interesting module to me. Just for something more night-mission focused as well as having to react to specific radar types to better avoid being detected.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

We already have the YAK-52 and the Christen Eagle incoming as almost civilian planes... I wont mind having an F117A with just 2 LGBs .

Remaining in the carrier , Grumman , multi-seat area why not an E2 Hawkeye?

It can be funny in multiplayer have a human AWACS.

There is also an FSX version of the E-2C from the mid eighties so it's not impossible to have the license to build the module...

It would fit perfectly with the F-14 we will have.

Edited by beppe_goodoldrebel

Since we have something like Jester AI, why not now make the first heavy aircraft for DCS? Something simple like the C-130 and maybe multiple variants that can be selected by a tickbox option? You can fly as a standard C-130, or a KC-130 tanker, or even an AC-130 gunship? Or more ;)

usafc130.jpg

36916813210_28edb3c161_b.jpg

Orrrrrrrr if Transport and heavy are a thing, why not.........??? :D

Lockheed_C-5A_Galaxy_%28L-500%29%2C_USA_-_Air_Force_AN1294623.jpg

3377.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

First of all, it's one of the most if not the most iconic A/C (with the Tornado) that is not in development right with the Viper, Phantom, Tomcat, Hornet and Strike Eagle all actively pursuit.

Well I would rather see them come out with an A-6 as they intend to assuming they can get the proper licenses & approval from ED.

I think that the Intruder is pretty damn Iconic.

tzjCePBItSRfZxLnOd3KBGHQIJl.jpg

While the F-117 is extremely limited in scope the A-6(E at least) has a wide variety of weapons to choose from:

Mk 82

Mk 83

Mk 84

Mk 20 Rockeye II

Mk 4 Mod 0 20 mm gun pod

GPU-5/A 30 mm gun pod

Zuni rockets

AGM-62 Walleye TV-guided bomb

AGM-65 Maverick

AGM-78 Anti-Radar Missile

AGM-84 Harpoon

AGM-84E SLAM

AGM-88 HARM

AGM-123 Skipper (A GBU-16 but with a rocket attached)

AIM-9 Sidewinder

ADM-141 TALD decoy

Mk 60 Captor Mines

Isn't the A-6 nearly a foregone conclusion at this stage though?

I'd been treating this thread as a 'what after the Intruder' thread since that A-6 AI reveal. Am I the only one doing this?

While there may be very little doubt that Heatblur are going to make the Intruder it might not be their next module.