3D pilot models - black and females

nickos86

And I only see ground targets from far away through scopes and monitors so I actually never noticed how outdated they look.
Fine, I find that hard to believe as you brought up the F2 camera but I'm not to tell you what to do.

On the other hand I look at other aircraft and my own from the outside while I rearm or at the end of a sortie.
I hadn't thought of that but fine, but even when I do that I don't notice.

That's your opinion just like I have mine.
Fine

Just to be clear, I don't think that female / non white pilots should be a top priority and that they are something we desperately need in DCS. I just don't understand why some people are so adamantly against them being developed.
Fine, and I've revised my post (which I urge you re-read to more accurately reflect my position (instead of just screeching), but to me it's the same situation as with trains when they were introduced, I'm not going to comment on how long it took to develop but it was something that's better off suited to other areas in my opinion.

I'm not against them, I just think it's maybe a bit pointless in the face of other issues, other issues that have been around for years and look so far out of place, especially when it's implementation in other areas will be far more noticeable, which I'm all in favour of, I mean yes, do that, as it was tangibly improve the simulation and immersion for near enough all of us.

You said you probably won't notice things as you look at them through monitors, but this is fairly game-style dependent, as you don't have to be exclusively looking for something very specific in order to notice it, low flybys/helicopter flying or directly controlling vehicles in CA and you'll probably if not definitely see it. Following your missile onto any of the outdated REDFOR assets and it becomes difficult to notice, or even just flying in formation or refuelling from an S-3 and you'll probably notice, and it's that disparity between beautifully modelled and very detailed aircraft like the Tomcat and Hornet taking fuel from an incredibly dated S-3 that almost makes you notice it more than you otherwise would, and there are now a fair number of posts calling for it to be upgraded.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

female pilot G EFFECT

(...)

Because of differences in their physiology, on average women have better G tolerance than men...

(& research during the minuteman program found react better under stress).

Cheers.

I'd have to say I got a good laugh when I looked in the mirror and there was a white pilot staring at me. Not a biggie but it would be a nice touch to have the option of a different pilot/multiple skins of the same plane I guess. It's a detail thing and people in DCS love detail.

If you've never seen the face of your wing man in DCS you're not flying close enough, haha. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

My 2 cents : I don't think this should be a priority, at all.

When most of the important work is done, maybe why not, it would be icing on the cake.

But for now, I rather have great FM, equipment, finished planes and so on... than a feature like this.

Plus there are lots of female voices in the new carrier communications.

There aren't "Lots"... (unless you mean that the woman speaks more than once)

Listening to the Case 3 video, it seems 1 out of 3 new voices are female.

"When most of the important work is done, maybe why not"

1/The voices are done by voice actors, so having another set of files wouldn't take away from working on the FM, models, AI, Carrier ATC or any of the other things you prioritise more highly.

It's pretty much just a case of E.D. paying someone to record the files, then changing the code that currently swaps between English and Russian voices so it changes between English_M, English_F, Russian_M, Russian_F.

2/I'd say that for female players, the ability to have a female voice for the pilot would probably be more of a game changing experience than a new model for the sub-munitions popping out of a cluster bomb.

• Like 1

Cheers.

Because of differences in their physiology, on average women have better G tolerance than men...

I have actually read an abstract from a study from the 80's over differences in g tolerance between men and women that was inconclusive, no signficant difference emerged (Apart from women as tall as men, those fared worse).

About the minuteman study... that was about handling a sequence of steps to launch an ICBM in a stressful context, which is not even close to a fighter pilot's job.

I personally don't think that there are performance disparities between genders in fighter pilots, but if I had to pick one, I'd say that due to the numerous studies that showed how men had a better spatial orientation than women, dudes could have the edge in dogfights (speaking of large numbers of course)

Failure is not an option ~ NASA

And how is it with a transgender pilot then? I want to know.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what application do you need to have to compile a normal photo of your face compatible with the stadard of the facial image of dcs?

Nice post man, good to see those images. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

FEMALE PILOT ON CARRIER

the instructor is really worried about his ass.

the instructor in his mind is cursing a lot of bad words.

the instructor after the landing, you see in the video that he completely shit on him.

he shit in his underwear.

Edited by Xilon_x

FEMALE PILOT ON CARRIER

the instructor is really worried about his ass.

the instructor in his mind is cursing a lot of bad words.

the instructor after the landing, you see in the video that he completely shit on him.

he shit in his underwear.

I think you might be seeing what you want to see...

Personally - Don't see it. He's focused, but that's all.

& notice the video's cut for maximum tension...

At some point she's low, but you can't really tell where she's at in the approach, because the video keeps chopping between the turn, the groove & video from both of the 2 different approaches.

They state at the beginning that the plan is a Touch & Go then land, & they do a T&G (first approach hook up, see 2:12), then she puts it down first attempt at an actual landing.

& from a quick read of the C-2's handling, it sounds like a harder thing to land than the F/A-18C (plus, there's no refuelling, so less room for error - if they can't put it down, they ditch)

Cheers.

There are way more important core functions of the game that need to be improved our outright fixed. Diversifying pilots that don't even exist doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Exactly. Plus once you're strapped in with the helmet, oxygen mask and all the gear on, men or woman, no one can tell.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are way more important core functions of the game that need to be improved our outright fixed. Diversifying pilots that don't even exist doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It's not even that, lets say ED added female pilots, would you notice? In the video Xilon posted, when they're suited up I am fairly hard pressed to be able to tell the difference. So IF ED did this to the pilots, which as far as I can tell, most people turn off their own and people have issues about being able to see other aircraft let alone be able to see the pilot's skin colour or sex.

Meanwhile...

• B-52H
  • CH-53E - 1 of the 2 USN helicopters we have, the 2nd one is also on this list...
  • F-117A
  • MiG-23
  • MiG-25
  • MiG-27
  • S-3 - the only carrier capable tanker we have
  • SH-60B
  • Su-17M4
  • Su-30
  • Tornado - the only UK jet that isn't a trainer as well as being the only modern jet for Italy and Germany currently in DCS
  • Tu-95MS
  • Tu-142 - the only MPA we have
  • S-300PS
  • SA-6

To name a few.

Then there's weapons, ED's new weapons (primarily for the Hornet) look absolutely fantastic (which doesn't even get close to doing them justice, the AIM-7s, the AIM-120s, the GBUs, the Mk-80s, as well as a few others, they look better than perfect) compare that to quite a few other weapons (mostly Russian).

The vast majority of ground vehicles could do with upgrading, the new ones added from 1.5 onwards are great, with ED replacing old ones (which is fantastic :worthy:) but, take a look at the M60A3 :puke:

As for ships, the Kilo class SSKs are basically perfect (despite the fact that in DCS it can't do anything but follow waypoints), Nimitz and Kuznetsov are still WIP, there's a few that aren't bad but still could be improved (Tarawa is still WIP, Oliver Hazard Perry, Ticonderoga, Slava and Tarantul-III, the rest of them though are basically in the same boat as the M60A3).

However on the subject of comms then diversity in almost every sense of the word makes sense and is definitely a good thing in my books, it makes it more immersive, more dynamic, more real (like what Heatblur did with Jester, but the other way round), the same goes for ground personnel, and the thing is it will actually be noticed and worthwhile, but then ED are pretty much doing that already...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

This is ridiculous

There are more women in the world than men, & women pilots throughout the world's air forces, but not a single woman pilot's voice in DCS.

When it comes to creating assets, you're (almost) all capable of understanding that the person who codes the FM for the B-52 is not the same person that creates the model for the SA-6, or a skin for an aircraft, or the ground mesh for a map.

Suggest that someone adds a female pilot, and suddenly the distinction becomes too hard for peole to grasp. Any resources devoted to this MUST be delaying more important work!

The reality is that if E.D. decided to add female pilots - as has already been said - it would probably not be a case of making new pilot models for fast jets, it would be a case of paying a voice actor to create the sound files.

The only work E.D. would have to do in house is add a couple of folders to the tree and change the code behind the ME options to pick from 4 options instead of 2 - English_M / English_F / Russian_M /Russian_F from English / Russian.

Outside of the voice acting - it's probably 30 minutes work.

E.D. don't do it because they're a business and think they don't need to - those women who want to fly the SIM will do so even if they have to use an male voice.

The people on the forums who object in principle - well for the most part they just seem scared of change.

• Like 1

Cheers.